Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Elemental Alignment  (Read 9721 times)

HatakeSakumo

Elemental Alignment
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:21:10 AM »

A new feature that allows characters to gain elemental features to their attacks.. :P

Random forest event.
Basic Idea, you stumble across a myserious guy in the forest. For 5 gems you purchase "Chakra Paper" which allows you to identify what your elemental alignment is....
Upon using the paper, your alignment is discovered and he gives you an amulet(one for whatever element you possess).
For example...If you are found to possess a fire element, you are given an Amulet of fire....Effects vary and differ with each amulet..for example..
An Amulet of Fire gives fire element qualities to your attacks...Allowing you to do extra, random damage, ranging between 3-7 point per attack, once per round.
However drawbacks are included until you have "mastered" your element.
So the drawbacks with the amulet of fire would be you're also burned slightly by your inexperience with your element...>.>
I haven't fully figured out all the details in my head but the basics are..
You reach required level, random event, train with your element, another random event, mastery, Hooray.. :P

Available Elements would include(but not limited to):
Lightning
Wind
Fire
Water
Earth

Dual elements are a possiblity but those with dual elements take twice as long to master and have to deal with the drawbacks of both elements...>.>
Inspired by the latest Naruto manga chapters in which Naruto is learning how to control his element..
Jounin Kakashi is a master of lightning, Sasuke is a user of Fire and Lightning, Yamato can use Earth, etc. etc...

Available "buff" for each Amulet:
Amulet of Fire: Random damage to an enemy, once every round...Damage is between 1-5(during training) 3-10(upon mastery)
Amulet of Water: Minor healing, once every round...Healed HP is between 1-5(during training), 3-10(upon mastery)
Amulet of Lightning: Random damage to an enemy, once every round...damage is slightly stronger than lightning (3-7 during training), 4-12(upon mastery) but negative effects are stronger during training and do not completely fade after mastery
Amulet of Earth: Improved defense(about 3 points improved defense during training, 5 points after mastery)
Amulet of Wind: (ideas??)

Negative effects for each amulet(Negative effects disappear upon mastery for each Amulet EXCEPT lightning.. :P)

Amulet of Fire: Random damage to self, once at end of the fight 5-10 points(Does not effect Flawless fights nor will the damage taken be able to kill you..)
for example, at the end of a fight, if your HP equals 5 or less , then the amulet ceases to inflict damage upon you.

Amulet of Lightning: Same effects as Amulet of Fire, cept slight stronger( 7-13 damage to self during training, 3-8 damage to self after mastery)
Reason is Fire is mostly external...Lightning is internal and therefore the damage is usually worse.. :P

People can live through fires, but rarely do people live after getting hit by lightning..course as a shinobi you can take the effects much better.. ;)

Amulet of Water: (ideas??)
Amulet of Earth: Effects of Amulet can be reversed at times during training..meaning on some days of your training, your defense will actually be lower instead of higher...After mastery this effect disappears..>.>
Amulet of Wind: (ideas??)

Whew...That was long and detailed..>.<...Sorry if it's too long but I hope everyone likes it..

This, if approved and created, would be available only to high ranked shinobis(I will not say what rank...You guys can discuss it like it's the new curse seal.. :P)
It can be like "Elemental Manipulation Level 1 and Elemental Manipulation Level 2"
:P

By the way...I hope to set it where the Amulets are permanent and do not fade after a certain number of rounds...If I can't set it that way, then it will definitely be permanent after mastery.. ;)

If you like it...Want to applaud me?...  :roll:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:49:03 AM by HatakeSakumo »

DeAtHdEmOn

Re: Elemental Alignment
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:24:37 AM »

I can see how this whould work in a pvp fight but unless the monsters whould take extra damage for the elements damage then this feature will fizz out and not work.
If it give a + to attack and defense ok that will work.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:26:01 AM by DeAtHdEmOn »

Ichabod12

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:29:09 AM »

This seems extremely creative and is well based off Naruto. It looks like the coding would not appear for a LONG time. I like it though, has 2 thumbs up from me.

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:56 AM »

Me 2.

Ichabod12

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:41:53 AM »

Yeah, the thing is thos could sorta unbalance the game in a way Neji would have to recode so much...I don't think it'll happen. And if it does, definitely as  usual won't be in pvp.

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:13 AM »

It won't go for pvp.
Neji will fix it or they already fixed it for him.

HatakeSakumo

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 12:45:26 AM »

I can see how this whould work in a pvp fight but unless the monsters whould take extra damage for the elements damage then this feature will fizz out and not work.
If it give a + to attack and defense ok that will work.

I never intended this to be a PvP buff...This will be like all other buffs..

A: It will not affect PvP, Battles against your master, Plunder fights, and all other places where buffs are disabled.

B: The Amulets will work in the forest, against the A.W.O.L. Bonemarrow Beast, Kabuto, Orochimaru, etc. etc.

Yeah, the thing is thos could sorta unbalance the game in a way Neji would have to recode so much...I don't think it'll happen. And if it does, definitely as  usual won't be in pvp.

It would just be another buff added...you wouldn't have to recode alot...I don't think...Just add code..>.>

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 12:49:54 AM »

Comeone now everyone thinks sooner or later.
It will be a nice addition to the server thnx.
(By the way email the moduel I want to make something like an event based around the elemental thingy's!It will be fun and funny too!)

Ichabod12

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 01:12:27 AM »

What is the A.W.O.L. Bonemarrow Beast!?

DeAtHdEmOn

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »

It's like the warewolf.
Kill it for exp.

HatakeSakumo

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »

What is the A.W.O.L. Bonemarrow Beast!?

A.W.O.L. = Absent With Out Leave...Meaning he's gone but he's not supposed to be..

:cry: :cry: :cry: I miss the little guy.. :cry: :cry:

Oh...feature requests...My bad... >.<

Thank you Xaos
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 03:10:27 AM by HatakeSakumo »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 03:21:48 AM »

The things you ask for are "only items" ...

I implement the jutsus in categories... when I have time.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

HatakeSakumo

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 05:19:43 AM »

The things you ask for are "only items" ...

I implement the jutsus in categories... when I have time.

Well..I could have done it in jutsu form..But I figured you might have something else in mind for the jutsus..
Which is why I did item form...

How do you like the overall idea though?

dude no.1

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »

well its got my vote, but i think every oro kill or so you should have to find the event again. this way noone would be jealous of others getting really nice elements.

PerfectFlaw

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »

This is not helpful at all, but I hate randomness. If this idea was ever implemented and I got something but wind (which is supposed to be the strongest element) I would be P.O.'d. :grrr:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.