Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chuunin Exams (I know its been talked about)  (Read 3999 times)

jjuchiha

Chuunin Exams (I know its been talked about)
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:06:31 AM »

Neji i know you dont have time for this but just think about it its an amazing idea.The main point about Naruto Manga is the chuunin exams at least to me.Thats the most amazing part of the show to me.I would help any way i could and i can code.If you want more information just tell me.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Chuunin Exams (I know its been talked about)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:19:03 AM »

How about writing a layout on what you think it should be like? That would make it easier.

This has been discussed before and we know it's wanted but there's other tings higher up in the lists. Also making it to fit the show would be... Alittle odd. An exam: Okay, we make a few questions based on things people should know... Chances are questions will be either too easy or hard enough for people to ask all their friends for the answers which will kill the point in it. Orochimaru though you actually have to work to beat and it's not just a give correct answer and pass thing. The tournament would be troublesome to make. The more info we get the easier it is to put together/edit ^.^ And something like this will be extremely hard to put into the game in my oppinion >>     
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:41:51 AM by Xaos »

jjuchiha

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:59:22 AM »

Ok now the chuunin exams could either be held in the zones or pvp either way i would love it. ;)

As many matches as neji wants.Of course procters for the matches.Its simple the only coding needed is to make people chuunin instead of dk kills.

For higher ranks afther chuunin you should give mods the power to make them jounin or hire when they think they have done enough.

For less coding leave dk regualar for academy students thats about it for now. 8) but more will be added.

jjuchiha

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:50 AM »

there it is *BUMP*

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:08:04 AM »

No bumping topics here please...

And if you mean tournament format then it won't work out because there really isn't a good PvP module out (None of which I've heard of atleast o.O)
Also read some past topics on tournaments and the Chuunin exams. This is starting to sound alittle like the thread from before ><

LeafToad

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:14:13 AM »

Um... Yeah, I know chuunin exams are basically off the decisions, but a mod or a higher up deciding when they have done "enough" I think that might cause some problems, unless they knew the limit of where enough was... A tournament in which you must prove yourself over and over, I wouldn't want that if I were a Genin.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 03:17:19 AM »

Um... Yeah, I know chuunin exams are basically off the decisions, but a mod or a higher up deciding when they have done "enough" I think that might cause some problems

Huh? =\ What do you mean by that?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:25:35 AM by Xaos »

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:35:12 AM »

Um... Yeah, I know chuunin exams are basically off the decisions, but a mod or a higher up deciding when they have done "enough" I think that might cause some problems.

That's not what I meant ><

All I was asking before was some thought on what they think it should be like... The tournament can't be done with the current things out (Some which are out aren't that good at all ><) and the quizing would just be too easy once the answers get out to be passed around...

All I was asking for was some information on what they thought it should be.. Without more info this is just another topic getting in line to be locked.   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 04:59:09 AM by Xaos »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 09:51:22 AM »

Well, let's put it straight:

-> I cannot make real team fights without an internet stream.. and the game layout would have more breaches than a scattered tee cup thrown down from 2000 feet on concrete.

-> I cannot make an exam that always changes.

Conclusion:

I can give 2 NPC characters (always possible) but I wanted to think about that AFTER the mounts-->companion change. Which will come for sure, but the development is still in progress and bugs need to fixed. Or do you want an untested version?

Also, the rest would be "solo adventure"... I could make a few plots and then say "you can only advance to the next level after successfully going through the chuunin exam".
The wood, the fights... all against NPC. Against players would be like PvP. I can do it, but it won't be nice.

Also, put it straight: it will be hard... very very hard... you know that ONLY shikamaru got chuunin. You seriously don't want 1:10 for being a chuunin? And such an exam would be held i.e. once for two weeks or once a month, not daily.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

jjuchiha

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 09:39:49 PM »

i know but narutorealm is coming out and they might have stuff like that its going to be 3-d but i like this game better and if it has more to offer........ :cry: i might leave just hear me out make it more realistic please(i mean like the show) ;)

Roti

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:37:35 PM »

The questions are really a challenge, but wrinting questions that look alike but are the opposite is a way of doing it, also they probably should have 4 opnions as answers at least
and maybe u could use the Oro Hideout module, with a few changes, for the forest part of the Exam, that would be interesting
About the tournament u could simply use something similar to the Ninja academy

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 07:51:58 AM »

Well, I said what I wanted to say =)

I don't have the game engine to make a 3D game nor the hardware. It's another league to provide that kind of game ^^ also  I am only a part-time programmer, not doing this in a big team or as a job.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

jjuchiha

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:26:29 PM »

Fine just forget it. :evil:

jjuchiha

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:50:03 PM »

OK i got it come on add more manga related stuff like  :roll:  :?: anything just more. :twisted:

ryushi

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »

OK i got it come on add more manga related stuff like  :roll:  :?: anything just more. :twisted:

There are 333 manga chapters out and anime stuff. Do you really think Neji has that much time let alone patience?  ;)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.