Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Real PVP  (Read 4307 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Real PVP
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »

I don't know if Neji will be able to make this work but here is goes,

Challenge Hall (located in Konoha Gakure)
- You can choose between an open challenge or a private challenge.

- A player can only open up one challenge at a time.

- If the challenge remains unaccepted after 3 real days, it will automatically be closed and you will have to open up another one. You may close your challenge at any given time.

- The maximum numbers of challenger will depend on Neji's judgement. You will no be able to open up a challenge if the hall is already full.

Open challenge's setup
- DK limit   yes/no (insert DK difference if DK limit is set to yes)

- Level limit   yes/no (insert level difference if level limit is set to yes)

- Item usage   yes/no (allows or forbids either players from using items)

- Turn wait   60 sec/180 sec/ 300 sec (When either player does not respond within the time limit, the battle is automatically cancel)

Private challenge's setup
- Item usage   yes/no

Turn wait   60 sec/180 sec/ 300 sec

- Opponent's name (the person you challenged will recieve a mail)

Waiting
- When your challenge is accepted, a page telling you that your challenge has been accepted will pop up (page will pop up later if the player is in the middle of a fight). You can either Go to the challenge hall (which sends you directly to the hall in Konoha) or Ignore it (continue with whatever you were doing)

- When you accept a challenge in the challenge hall, a page telling you to wait for your opponent will pop up. You can either refresh it by clicking Wait or Leave (which let you return to Konoha)

Fight log
The fight log will display your moves and your opponent's.

- When you click "fight", a message that looks something like this will be added to your battle log, "You attack <name> for <dmg> damage!", "You missed!", "You were RIPOSTED for <dmg> damage!"

And your opponent will have something that looks like this added onto his/her fight log, "<name> attacked you for <dmg> damage!", "<name> attacked but misses!", "<name> attacked you but was RIPOSTED for <dmg> damage!"

- If you opponent hasn't make his/her move, "Refresh fight log" will appear instead of "fight" or your item list.

- When you use an item, a message like this will be added onto your fight log, "You use <item> <item effect>". Same goes to your opponent.

- You will no attack normally when using an item. So if you use an apple, you will heal, but your opponent will not get attacked by you.

Victory/defeat
- Both players will be in Konoha after the fight. Winner will have his/her HP fully restored while loser will have 1 HP remaining instead of death.

- The result will be added into your bio.

<your name> defeated <opponent's name> in the challenge hall.
or
<your name> was defeated by <opponent's name> in the challenge hall.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Real PVP
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 06:15:49 PM »

so, a PVP Arena again.

=)

no, not possible really with the items.

Ok, it *is* possible.

But it takes a *lot* of development time.

We are talking about weeks of constant work =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Abysss

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »

Doesn't Gyururu know oh do right code in Php form? Just ondering since she made the Fuuton ninjutsu.

LeafToad

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:54:44 AM »

If your opponent hasn't made their move in at least two minutes, then the other person should be able to attack in place of that opponent's attack.

As in a real battle, you can't be idle and expect your opponent not to attack you.

Satehi

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:10:37 AM »

This might be abused to get to konoha with alts and stuff.Also the free healing would be abused to. Maybe you should make it so the winner is healed to the HP they  fought with in the beggining?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:56:51 PM by Satehi »

LeafToad

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 04:48:46 AM »

This might be abused to get to konoha with alts and stuff.Also the free healing would be abused to. Maybe you should make it so the winner is healed to the HP they  fought with in the begging?

If you have two accounts they can't be logged in at the same time. And if this is possible, then Neji can find a way to stop it(hopefully).

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »

This might be abused to get to konoha with alts and stuff.Also the free healing would be abused to. Maybe you should make it so the winner is healed to the HP they  fought with in the begging?

If you have two accounts they can't be logged in at the same time. And if this is possible, then Neji can find a way to stop it(hopefully).

With enough wits, everybody can do it. no, it's not really stoppable.
well, 95% of all people would not be able to know how to do it, but anyway =)

Fiyona

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 01:36:44 PM »

I get on 2 characters at the same time all the time... usually it's because 1 character is talking and the other character is doing the game day... multi-tasking is my best friend when I'm pressed for time. >_> *addict*

The suggestion of real time battles remind me of naruto-areana.com or whatever it was... I never did have the patience for it, waiting around for the other character to respond. Hmmm...

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »

If your opponent hasn't made their move in at least two minutes, then the other person should be able to attack in place of that opponent's attack.

As in a real battle, you can't be idle and expect your opponent not to attack you.

That was my original idea but what if the other guy DC? Then he would come back and yell "WTF!"...

Unless Neji could make it so that the module can actually tell whether a player is just taking his time or DC.

Zid suggested an Environmental Battle Field. But I haven't worked that out yet.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

I cannot tell that. Also a check "did the player just click" would take a module that is hit *every single pageload from any player*
that's simply too much load.

exactly the timeout question is the decisive one.

LeafToad

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »

Couldn't you work with IP's?

So that only one account can be logged on, and if the person tries to log on to their alt, since it would most likely be the same IP, there would be a message telling them they are already logged on in one of their accounts.

Just a thought. :)

Fiyona

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »

Couldn't you work with IP's?

So that only one account can be logged on, and if the person tries to log on to their alt, since it would most likely be the same IP, there would be a message telling them they are already logged on in one of their accounts.

Just a thought. :)

Erm... I object to this. Not everyone who has several characters use them to benefit each other. I don't. I would go insane if I couldn't log in 2 characters at once with my time restraints.

LeafToad

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 02:31:42 AM »

Erm... I object to this. Not everyone who has several characters use them to benefit each other. I don't. I would go insane if I couldn't log in 2 characters at once with my time restraints.

You don't do this, but there is always someone who would. So it would only make sense that to put this in place, there would have to be certain measures taken to stop things like that from happening.

And it won't kill you to just log in one at a time... A game day is only like... 5 - 10 minutes on a slow connection. Not that big of a deal.

But I don't know the extent to Neji's programming powers, he may just be able to limit the IP thing to this Challenge Hall.

Fiyona

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 02:39:53 AM »

You don't do this, but there is always someone who would. So it would only make sense that to put this in place, there would have to be certain measures taken to stop things like that from happening.

And it won't kill you to just log in one at a time... A game day is only like... 5 - 10 minutes on a slow connection. Not that big of a deal.

But I don't know the extent to Neji's programming powers, he may just be able to limit the IP thing to this Challenge Hall.

A gameday is 5-10 minutes?? Are you kidding me??? A gameday for me is like an hour!!! I don't just mindlessly click through my forest fights and leave... I play the game thuroughly.

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 02:40:11 AM »

A game day is only 5-10 minutes?
 :shock:

You are sadly confused about that one bub.
 :P

Besides, this could also affect people who log in from public computers, like a library for instance. I just don't see an IP limit as an option...

Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.