Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 200 Player Online Limit  (Read 8704 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: 200 Player Online Limit
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

The few things that you guys will have to do if you want to see Oliver spending most of his time on SL :twisted:

1) The donation that Oliver receives is more than his salery.
2) Find girls who meet Oliver's requirements and send them to his lair of no return.
3) Find a team of brilliant programmers and have them work under Oliver (he would prefer female programmers because he is :twisted:)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

:evil:

To say this, and I won't repeat myself:

a) I have a job
b) I somehow visit the University
c) I have some little private life left.

So, am I not allowed to sleep at night but to stay logged in all the time?
Do you know how many mails I get with no content?
Once I login, I can wait for mails to bounce me. You have simply no idea.

You might not know, but I do login at work, though it is not permitted and I can be fired.
Then I will lose my total income. And this is much more than anything Shinobi Legends can produce to support my flat, my car, and my power at home.

So... think about it the next time before you make such suggestions / accusations.
Thank you.

Note that I live in Germany and it is night when the evening begins in NY.

To got to donations: the current goal is 100% server costs, nothing more.
The extra money that was earned is on hold on my paypal account. And that is only a bit more than 1 month of work.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

shikotsumyaku

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:14 PM »

:evil:

To say this, and I won't repeat myself:

a) I have a job
b) I somehow visit the University
c) I have some little private life left.

So, am I not allowed to sleep at night but to stay logged in all the time?
Do you know how many mails I get with no content?
Once I login, I can wait for mails to bounce me. You have simply no idea.

You might not know, but I do login at work, though it is not permitted and I can be fired.
Then I will lose my total income. And this is much more than anything Shinobi Legends can produce to support my flat, my car, and my power at home.

So... think about it the next time before you make such suggestions / accusations.
Thank you.

Note that I live in Germany and it is night when the evening begins in NY.

To got to donations: the current goal is 100% server costs, nothing more.
The extra money that was earned is on hold on my paypal account. And that is only a bit more than 1 month of work.

i wasnt "accusing" you of anything, but it makes sense now that you say you live in germany, i dont libe in NY though, i live in illinois

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 12:54:04 AM »

Think of the cronjob that runs at that time, a small slow of about 10 min is normal. It's about the rest of the time.

btw. 12.30 am -> I was asleep.

i think when neji isnt logged into shinobi legends, on this forum or at work (if he even has a job) then he is sleeping because he barely ever logs in, i think he should log in more often

After reviewing what you said..I believe you did make an accusation....The accusation was that you believed that Neji doesn't log on that much, last time I knew he logs in you know frequently...I think you should give him at least a thanks for maintaining SL. I mean when something goes wrong and gets posted in the forum, who is the person who normally has to FIRST find the problem, narrow down the problem, then sometimes waste hours on fixing it, umm...it's Neji. So I kind of get what you mean Neji, but I know shikotsumyaku you didn't mean it in a bad way.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:39:44 AM by ace »

shikotsumyaku

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »

Think of the cronjob that runs at that time, a small slow of about 10 min is normal. It's about the rest of the time.

i think when neji isnt logged into shinobi legends, on this forum or at work (if he even has a job) then he is sleeping because he barely ever logs in, i think he should log in more often

After reviewing what you said..I believe you did make an accusation....The accusation was that you believed that Neji doesn't log on that much, last time I knew he logs in you know frequently...I think you should give him at least a thanks for maintaining SL. I mean when something goes wrong and gets posted in the forum, who is the person who normally has to FIRST find the problem, narrow down the problem, then sometimes waste hours on fixing it, umm...it's Neji. So I kind of get what you mean Neji, but I know shikotsumyaku you didn't mean it in a bad way.

yes, i thank neji very much for giving me something to do over summer, but he logs in for fifteen minutes all together in one day, he stops in the middle of a conversation, thats rude, he doesnt say anything about himself getting off, he just logs out

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 05:22:01 AM »

yes, i thank neji very much for giving me something to do over summer, but he logs in for fifteen minutes all together in one day, he stops in the middle of a conversation, thats rude, he doesnt say anything about himself getting off, he just logs out

He doesn't have time to say he's logging out, he has several discussions going on..And he has more important things to do..
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 06:54:47 AM »

He's just mad cause he got rejected. d:
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 09:03:33 AM »

A conversation is a chat for me. There I say when I am coming or leaving.

not mail traffic saying "can I ...." or "do you think it's blabla" which is not that important of now.
I have more than a few mails in my inbox, and once I login, normally a few more come in while I answer the rest.

I won't discuss my policy with you, but you have no idea what happens in the background, and I would like to keep it that way.

ryushi

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »

The game ran smoothly with 200 players with me

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »

Sometimes my computer will act up when it's at the 200 limit. However.. not all the time, it depends on my computer. But when I'm at a friend's or my dad's house, it works fine.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »

We still have the 200 limit?
I thought it was 160? @_@
Anyway at the limit I experience a few lags but not many, they last for about 15-30 min.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 07:40:41 PM »

I wait until the server problem seems to happen no more, but I think I found the trick... the last days were good.

is the speed OK? better/slower than usual?

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »

As of 3:38 P.M. NY time the speed was o.k. It was only a little slower than usual. That's what I think.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:57:40 AM by ace »

shikotsumyaku

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 01:28:30 AM »

*doesnt want to know neji's policy anyways, to much explaining, since a lot happens in the backround, more than shiko can imagine*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:28:59 AM by shikotsumyaku »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.