Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: A Few Graveyard Events.  (Read 3066 times)

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
A Few Graveyard Events.
« on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:57 PM »

I think the Graveyard is a bit too simplistic and I thought up some ideas to make the Graveyard a bit more like the forest.
Something Special!
Your floating through the Graveyard looking for something to torment when you come across a pool of black bubbling goo!
A.Yuck! Walk away. (Event ends)
B.Touch it.
B1.The goo burns through your soul and as a result you lose 1 torment.(25%)
B2.The goo fills your soul with more power as a result you gain one torment.(20%)
B3.Shinigami curses you for touching his sacred pool of bubbling goo! As a result you lose half your favor.(25%)
B4.You have touched Shnigami's sacred pool of bubbling goo! Lucky for you he doesn't seem to notice and as a result you gain 7-14 favor.(30%)

Something Special!
You are floating through the Graveyard looking for something to torment when you come across a set of tombstones!
A.Float away, your getting the heebie-jeebies! (Event Ends)
B.Read the tombstones.
B1.As you lean over to read the tombstone a giant hand comes from a dark abyss ripping through your soul! As a result you lose 1 torment and 7-14 favor.(30%)
B2.You read the tombstones but, find nothing of interest.(55%) (Event ends)
B3.You read the tombstones but, find nothing of interest, as you float away you spot an eery-glowing gem! As a result you gain 1 torment!(15%)

Also, I was thinking if it would be possible to fight multiple enemies in the graveyard at a random chance? Of course you would receive more favor than a normal torment but, your risk of losing is also higher.
Just a few ideas!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 11:15:33 PM by czarguy »
Czarguy
Race:Wind
Mount:Shadow Lion the Pakkun
Seal:Curse Seal

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Graveyard Events.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 11:17:23 PM »

It's another fight or walk away event.
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 11:18:40 PM »

Yea those were just ideas...not very good ones either! :D but, my point is that I wish the graveyard was more exciting...I dont know...
Czarguy

Samantha

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 11:55:07 PM »

I liked the Konohamaru idea you came up with, but this one I really would have to say no to.  About three to four months ago we had discussions about adding something to the graveyard; although the overwhelming sentiment was that the graveyard should be boring and should be a pain because you lost your life during that game day.  However, Neji thought he would at least give people something to do in the Graveyard by letting them be able to go to their clan halls and talk to fellow clanmates.  I can't see him or anyone wanting the graveyard to be like a forest event.  Out of all the shops, villages, and places that the game has, the one thing that doesn't need anymore additions would easily be the graveyard.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:16:02 AM »

Ok im just brainstorming...some will  be good some will be bad some will be awful! :D
Czarguy

Kyosuke

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »

It's another fight or walk away event.

Not exactly- you don't fight at all.

I liked the Konohamaru idea you came up with, but this one I really would have to say no to.  About three to four months ago we had discussions about adding something to the graveyard; although the overwhelming sentiment was that the graveyard should be boring and should be a pain because you lost your life during that game day.  However, Neji thought he would at least give people something to do in the Graveyard by letting them be able to go to their clan halls and talk to fellow clanmates.  I can't see him or anyone wanting the graveyard to be like a forest event.  Out of all the shops, villages, and places that the game has, the one thing that doesn't need anymore additions would easily be the graveyard.

The graveyard isn't exactly a painful experience. It doesn't take very long at all to simply click an automatic battle option; it's boring, but not to a degree that it's painful in any way. So why not add a small amount of depth or rather, trickery to it? My point is that it doesn't make me feel like I'm in a very sticky situation (gaining favour is not a problem)- so if there is an event or two that could possibly keep me from gaining favour and resurrecting myself, I wouldn't mind seeing them. Because you are in fact dead, and it shouldn't be a walk in the park to come back, yes?

I think the Graveyard is a bit too simplistic and I thought up some ideas to make the Graveyard a bit more like the forest.
Something Special!
Your floating through the Graveyard looking for something to torment when you come across a pool of black bubbling goo!
A.Yuck! Walk away. (Event ends)
B.Touch it.
B1.The goo burns through your soul and as a result you lose 1 torment.(25%)
B2.The goo fills your soul with more power as a result you gain one torment.(20%)
B3.Shinigami curses you for touching his sacred pool of bubbling goo! As a result you lose half your favor.(25%)
B4.You have touched Shnigami's sacred pool of bubbling goo! Lucky for you he doesn't seem to notice and as a result you gain 7-14 favor.(30%)

Something Special!
You are floating through the Graveyard looking for something to torment when you come across a set of tombstones!
A.Float away, your getting the heebie-jeebies! (Event Ends)
B.Read the tombstones.
B1.As you lean over to read the tombstone a giant hand comes from a dark abyss ripping through your soul! As a result you lose 1 torment and 7-14 favor.(30%)
B2.You read the tombstones but, find nothing of interest.(55%) (Event ends)
B3.You read the tombstones but, find nothing of interest, as you float away you spot an eery-glowing gem! As a result you gain 1 torment!(15%)

Also, I was thinking if it would be possible to fight multiple enemies in the graveyard at a random chance? Of course you would receive more favor than a normal torment but, your risk of losing is also higher.
Just a few ideas!

As mentioned earlier in my post, I'd rather have an event that could hurt my chances of gaining favour. It makes more sense to lose all of your torments in B.1, Event Two- considering that a giant hand is literally ripping through you. I'd tweak the chances of the "good" outcomes; because gaining torments really, really shouldn't be an option- and as for merely walking away... Well yeah, no. There has to be a penalty of some sort (and I'm focusing on Event Two at this point) because we all know that Shinigami does not appreciate cowardice in his Graveyard.

Multiple enemies... I could have sworn I fought something in the Graveyard that had allies only two months ago.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »

This idea has already been said no to by shikamaru and id be willing to bet neji would say the same thing...the graveyard isnt supposed to be fun or have any events.
Czarguy

Kyosuke

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »

This idea has already been said no to by shikamaru and id be willing to bet neji would say the same thing...the graveyard isnt supposed to be fun or have any events.

Alright. You can ask to have this locked up. I completely agree with you on the fun aspect, but it's a fact that the Graveyard does have events. Of course I'd rather have them more nightmarish than they are. .-.;

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »

Yea the only reason i leftt it open was for people to post there comments ill lock it...there arent many events in the graveyard i never come across them.
Czarguy

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »

Lock?

gnarou

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »

I know. Just leave it open for a while. Who knows maybe something will happen.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »

i doubt this will go anywhere but il leave it open i guess
Czarguy

Marior92

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 04:29:37 AM »

I think the graveyard has too many events already..I once gained 10 gems in 10 torments >_>

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.