Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Specialties With Stats  (Read 6596 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Specialties With Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »

Sorry, but great customization does not mean "you can put anything to anywhat and use any justu regardless of anything"...

The specialties were changed far before the attributes were introduced, also, my time schedule is tight.

The explanation I gave you is not shallow, but correct. It's just I hit you because you can't get your favorite jutsu now ^^ sorry, but work for it.

You WILL have a much more interesting time, as one not-mentioned side effect of constitution is already in place, and more for all stats will come.

I will not use this only for new jutsus, but for all.

If you are only fast, but can't stand the concentration that a difficult jutsu needs (constitution) then you can't do it... =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

benitofussolini

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 05:25:03 AM »

Yes, but Naruto, for example, learned his technique of the Spiral Wind Shuriken with his pea-sized brain.

Such a remarkable control of chakra should only be possible for someone completely the opposite of him.

A smart, talented, patient individual such as Sakura, or someone from the Hyuuga Clan.

I won't argue anymore, but at least think about what was said a little more.

caquricon

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

Yes, but Naruto, for example, learned his technique of the Spiral Wind Shuriken with his pea-sized brain.

Such a remarkable control of chakra should only be possible for someone completely the opposite of him.

A smart, talented, patient individual such as Sakura, or someone from the Hyuuga Clan.

I won't argue anymore, but at least think about what was said a little more.

That makes sense but you have to remember Naruto still needs clones to help him do anything because he can't figure it out.
Think of it like this:
Naruto=pure power (hence why he can do these special tecniques but not properly)
Sakura=smart (hence her doing medical)

You said the new stat system involving dexterity/strength/wisdom etc. would allow for great customization and some uniqueness right?
Neji said it best
Quote from: Neji
You can be unique, but what is unique if ANYBODY who has the same oro kills as you can choose your specialty Oo
Even in the show they train to their specialty..

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »

Benito...

did I make such a requirement for rasengan? =)

Yes, it is tedious to discuss, just accept it. I thought about it and dismissed it, did so before you even asked me to.

fierceblaze

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

At first I was quite frustrated that I can only use 2 jutsues now, but come to think of it, it does affect positively on the game, making people more unique and even gives a greater value to having another character, so I support this idea now :)

benitofussolini

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 01:43:22 PM »

How about a poll.

Ha ha ha.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »

If you're going to do this then PLEASE change the jutsus so the damage scales with your rank!

they are, but not all. it's like with guns: a shot is a shot, fired from an extremely skilled one or a normal guy with little clue.
if it hits the chest, it is fatal.

same with some techniques.

most are capped, some are not.
many rely on the number of oro kills you have.

with the stats, quite some will also soon rely on your stat values instead of oro kills...

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »

;) yours is flawed too.

if you it depends on the chakra, then you would need to pour more chakra into the technique... instead, I keep the costs and keep it around the same level.

also, I can pretty much tell you i.e. hyouton does a pretty good deal of adaption.

Oh, wait, what did Dokugiri do again? PWN anybody when you had enough oro kills?

Ah, you're right, they don't scale at all... Oo

Taijutsu is a beginners technique, a ninja uses Jutsu. Lee, however, is a different case, as he has no jutsus... so he poured *ALL* his spirit into taijutsu.
get Hachimon Tonkou, and then you have his level.

^^

fierceblaze

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

I think a recalculation is needed to make it more logical, for example, taijutsu requires str mostly/only, while gengutsu requires wisdom/int and so on.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

:twisted:

I cannot go around and change all things in a day.

The entire specialties, now that we have stats, will be reworked to actually USE them =)

all of them.

I know, Parkzy ;) but it was not only you, too.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.