Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shadow Knives  (Read 13398 times)

Samantha

Shadow Knives
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »

Name of Item:  Shadow Knife

Ingredients:  Scroll of Shadows (1)  +  Mystical Knives (4) + Flash Bomb (2) + 1 Fuma Shuriken

Properties/Effect:  When forged together this item combines the flash bombs ability to create a blinding light for a short period of rounds along with the use of the scroll of shadows to manipulate shadows.  The fuuma shuriken is used to keep 1 of flash bombs at a appropriate height, the second flash bomb is kept at ground level to ensure enough light to produce your enemy's shadow.  The Mystical Knife is the medium, that controls the shadow and keeps it in place, binding your enemy’s shadow (and of course your enemy at the same time). 

*Please note*
This does not include any attacks, it just binds your opponent's movement for five rounds. 

Why should this item be a part of SL?:
This would primarily be put into the game for defensive purposes.  The offensive capability of this item is absolutely 0, however it buys you time in deciding to attack a much stronger opponent (giving you only five rounds to muster up some offense of your own) or the opportunity to run (if one is able to). 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:41:59 PM by Shikamaru »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

Re: Shadow Knives
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

That's a whole lot of things to combine. I mean that's like 8 items total+ the recipe cost for an item that will just stop an enemy for 5 rounds.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:45:07 PM »

It could mean the difference of life and death...

just to inform you =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »

just to inform you =)
But 8 items?

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

doomstar

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »

and do you actually use those 8 items?

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »

The item is probably worth it because 5 turns can be really important... but the items, mainly the scroll of shadows, will keep people from using it often if at all .-.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »

Is this even possible, Neji? I don't know how to "stop" an enemy.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »

Is this even possible, Neji? I don't know how to "stop" an enemy.
Couldn't it be like Tsukiyomi?

just to inform you =)
But 8 items?
Scroll of Shadows costs 5 gems from the merchant, right? That, plus collecting the items and buying the recipe could be really costly.
and do you actually use those 8 items?

Yup. I use them all the time, especially when Wife of Baluski assaults me when I have 0 chakra.

Samantha

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »

Pricey? Of course  :D We are talking about 5 rounds of manipulating a shadow and none of us are Shikamaru.  Look at the Scroll of Shadows as a gem for each round of safety, but it must be forged with other items for it to work.   ;)

If you thought that one was horribly expensive, wait till you get a load of this little beauty. This item is the grand item in the shop of horrors, sorry, shop of forgers.

Name: Reaper Staff  A*K*A "Reaper Scythe"

Sales Pitch (Deep Texas accent):
I know what you're thinking. You're saying to yourself, how can I get one of those scythes.  Well I'm gonna tell ya.  :D   You might think that it would take 7 items for something this powerful....  No Way!  You might even think it would take 9 items to make this beauty..... No Sir!  Now you're thinking to yourself it has to be 11 items, right?.... No Ma'am!.  For the simple price of 13 items, that's right 13 items you could be one of the few and the proud.  Gather them quick cause they won't be around long.  These little beauties were designed by Hidan and are his weapon of choice, the scythe. 

Ingredients: Mystical Knives (4), Fuma Shuriken (3), Scroll of Life (1), Scroll of the Warrior (1), Scroll of Demons (1), and Senbon (3) = Ta da! The Reaper Staff! :D   (Maybe the Ta da was over the top but anyway)   :roll:

Effect: Causes mortality damage to opponent’s vital organs. You take a 80% loss in attack for 4 rounds.  This is best used to finish off a strong but already somewhat weakened opponent (meaning not to use it when you first go against your opponent, try to weaken the opponent a little) due to the huge payoff or crash with the huge attack gamble. 

BugWarrior

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »

A reaper scythe would be awesome.  Excellent idea.  Since the item is really large I guess it would need to be alot of items to actually make.  The sales pitch reminds me of a car salesman  :smt043
I like both ideas Shika.
Could you possible come up with something nice but this time it only takes 3 to 5 items?  :D

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »

We need new recipes I already have all the recipes that are available now, except choujis red pill  :-x
Once again Shikamaru your genius status is still unbeatable!!
Czarguy
Race:Wind
Mount:Shadow Lion the Pakkun
Seal:Curse Seal

Eureka7

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

The shadow knives are cool, but I would want to be the first to get the reaper staff.  That would be so freaking awesome dude.   :cool:  But 13 items is freakin' high even with the car salesman pitch.  I know I complaining about the number of items, I hope Neji or Baluski jump in and lower the requirements to both of Shikamaru's ideas so it will not be to hard to get either item.  Count me as the first to get the scythe. 

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 02:50:58 PM »

Erm, why lower it?

I mean... NOBODY uses small items with many oro kills anymore, they won't do real damage.

And for the rest: you can active more power at once, you all think "new power each round = old power each round from all items"
that is... wrong.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Samantha

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »

I can remember the crying to Neji, when members first had broken balloons in their inventory.  Well.... I hope you can find those broken, so called useless balloons, because they have a purpose.  ;) 

Introducing all the way from the House of Rain.  It covers your head during rainstorms and keeps the sun from frying and drying your scalp.  Come one come all and feast your eyes on.......(dramatic pause)....The Umbrella!  :smt015 (crickets)        :smt108

Effect:  This item showers senbons on your opponents, like rain, which causes a certain amount of damage.  The attack is good for two rounds, using 5 senbons each round.

Ingredients: Broken Balloon, Senbon (10), Giant Shuriken

Due to my complete laziness, and desire for others to join in on creating new items I'll leave a short list of items that could be created.  All that's needed is the ingredients and possible effect:  :o
1) Herbal Ointment (Like the one Hinata had and gave to Naruto). 
2) Frequency Bells (Used to create a sound to disrupt your opponent)
3) Disorienting Flute (Disorients your opponent, by boosting your defense for 7 rounds.  Name the buff that increases your defense, remember it doesn't attack you must attack yourself.)

****Don't make items too easy to create, they won't be accepted or will be rendered weak****

Eureka7

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »

:shock:That's 10 items Shikamaru! 

I just got rid of a broken balloon and now you come up with a benefit for that trash.  :-x 
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.