Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Option to edit or change 'shortname' of a clan.  (Read 4514 times)

Ryukage Darkrasengan

Option to edit or change 'shortname' of a clan.
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:47:29 AM »

Ok, I am sure that there are clans that want to edit the short name of their clan, because they either messed up, forgot to put, or basically misspelled the short name.

Most of these problems occur with people who put kanji as their short name. I myself did not realize a mistake I made until now, regarding a kanji. For example, the difference between the kanji's for 'Lava':

熔=Lava with the reference to fire
溶=Lava with the reference to water

However both, regard melting, or dissolving. I placed the kanji '溶' in the short name of my clan, while it should be '熔'. I believe.

Despite my problem, there are numerous more mistakes besides mine. Each of these mistakes are more of a misspell, however. I feel as though an option within the 'Editing Clan Ranks', that is called 'Edit Clan Short name' or anything of the matter, should be placed. This would assist many clans in being more organized and content with a feeling of completion.

Now, what to do in order to use this option? I was thinking about paying DP, about 300? I was also thinking about spending gold and gems, possibly the same amount spent to make the clan. Or even spending turns!

As I began to think about these, it lead me to think about how many times you are able to do it. Possibly set a number of times you are able to do it within a month? Two months? And so on. Maybe once a month would seem reasonable.

Again, as I continued to brainstorm ideas, I thought about the impact it would have upon the server. Would this idea honestly effect it much? Would it effect the server at all? Well, of course it would.

Hopefully this would not be too much of a problem. I think it would be for a great cause actually.  :smt029

Thank You~

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Option to edit or change 'shortname' of a clan.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:53:27 AM »

what if someone else already has the same shortname?

You can't have the same one, can you?

In all honesty, I don't think once a month would be good, but only once, then period, and it should cost a lot mroe than just 300 dp and a few gems/turns for ones idiocracy.

Make it cost like a thousand dp, just like for a regular name, and some other things.

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »

what if someone else already has the same shortname?

You can't have the same one, can you?

Honestly, that could be a reason why people would want this option; to change their short name. There could be a note when someone puts the short name, that says:

"Oh, I do apologize, however someone already has that short name. Please try again."

Such as creating a new character with the name "Sasuke", when there is already another one.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A thousand DP would seem reasonable, I believe. The way you put it however, seems harsh. Keep in mind that the fingers sometimes move faster then they should.  ;)

A common mistake could've been made.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

Well...the edit of the clan name has be brought up before and shut down....Idk about the short name :/

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »

A thousand DP would seem reasonable, I believe. The way you put it however, seems harsh. Keep in mind that the fingers sometimes move faster then they should.  ;)

A common mistake could've been made.

Exactly why I said only one change can be made.
Mistake or not, that is taken upon those who form it.

If you utilize kanji, and cannot read it automatically, but rather having to look for the whole defenititon, it can be altered drastically by the adding of another kanji, therefore, one should be cautious to not even utilize characters that are inelligible to those who use them as a name. Take into consideration many people want to be authentic with this whole ninja thing by using kanji; that being the case, one should be held responsible for their mistakes via using a language they cannot read properly.

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

Well...the edit of the clan name has be brought up before and shut down....Idk about the short name :/

Obviously.

If you utilize kanji, and cannot read it automatically, but rather having to look for the whole defenititon, it can be altered drastically by the adding of another kanji, therefore, one should be cautious to not even utilize characters that are inelligible to those who use them as a name. Take into consideration many people want to be authentic with this whole ninja thing by using kanji; that being the case, one should be held responsible for their mistakes via using a language they cannot read properly.

Of course, I understand. However as I stated before, it can be a simple mistake regarding the form  of the kanji used. Regardless, I suppose I must wait for Neji's opinion.  :roll:

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »

That's why I stay away from using languages I am not fluent in.

Here's a solution:

1. Save all your clan info in a document.
Clan description, clan MotD, clan avatar, and clan ranks.

2. Delete your clan.

3. Remake your clan.

It's cheaper too, but you have to move all your members.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:27:38 AM by Mihazi »

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:43:22 PM »

Sometimes people can get pissed at stuff like that and you instantly lose the inactive members and for a clan thats above 40 it will take quite sometimes for everyone to join back...something one would most likely not do just to change a short name

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:30 AM »

If that is how your members react then I doubt their loyalty to the clan.

As 'someone' will tell you, inactive members aren't worth much in my book.

What if it takes time for everyone to reapply? As long as they eventually come back.
Send a clan message telling everyone about the move.
Members that aren't willing to reapply to the same clan, again, I doubt their loyalty.

Remaking your clan is the only option if mistakes such as a misspelled short name bothers you.

To make an option to change the short name is not necessary. A nice perk, sure, but Neji doesn't have to bother himself with it.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »

I don't fancy the idea of editable short names or clan names =)

I can correct - as you had a mistake in your short name - that errors via petition - no problem.

I don't like to have clans be re-usable name-wise.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.