Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clan Visiting System  (Read 11620 times)

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
Clan Visiting System
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:44:48 AM »

I've been thinking recently about requesting a system for visiting a clan, in addition to the option of joining it; something similar to the application system, where the current higher-ups in the clan would still need to approve it. Here's the basic idea.

There would be some sort of button or command on the main clan page similar to the application button, only instead reading "request visitation to this clan", or possibly a button only for clan leaders that will let them invite people to visit their clan instead of allowing anyone to apply. Upon accepting this, the person in question would be able to visit the main clan halls, chat and RP with the ones inside without having any actual authority or powers in the clan, or having to make an actual commitment to the clan itself. I believe this would benefit in allowing for much more cross-clan RP potential, as well as helping clans acquire more members by letting people use the visiting system to check things out before they would decide to join. In addition to this, possibly add a time limit of a certain number of days a person can visit the clan at any one time, or limit the number of clans they can visit, so as to prevent clan hoppers from hanging out in every clan out there at once.

There are more details I had in mind, I think, but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. When I do, I'll be certain to edit this post and add them in. For now though, good idea, bad idea?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:44:39 PM by RichardUchiha »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Clan Visiting System
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »

I thought of something like this recently to.
My reason was different though, I want to be in the serious Kiri RP clan, but I wanna be able to go to my friends random fun clan to.
I like the idea.

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

I thought of something like this recently to.
My reason was different though, I want to be in the serious Kiri RP clan, but I wanna be able to go to my friends random fun clan to.
I like the idea.
Glad you like it. The recent spike in large village-based clans is actually one of the things that encouraged me to suggest this.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »

And all the points you bring up are pretty valid to.
It would help a lot with Inter-clan relations and things like that.
Saves us having to make alts, just so we can keep up with everything lol.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:56:21 AM »

Yeah, I like the idea of letting people visit. It'll definitely improve gameplay. I think that there should def. be an option to just turn off visitation though, in case for sure you don't want people visiting (as in, if you were in the Akatsuki clan b/c I'm sure they don't want people visiting them due to secrecy reasons) but I'm sure that the main village clans would benefit from this option.

So this would mean that you can already be a part of a clan while simultaneously be a visitor to another clan, but would you be able to visit more than one clan at a time, or would it be like a... one thing kind of deal? While being a visitor of one clan, you can only visit there, and then you'd have to withdraw visitation to vist another one?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:39:04 AM »

Not sure how you could make it work.
Possible each caln could have a 'Visitors' list as well as the Member list, and people could apply to be visitors, and they still need to be accepted, plus can be refused at any point.

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

Yeah, I like the idea of letting people visit. It'll definitely improve gameplay. I think that there should def. be an option to just turn off visitation though, in case for sure you don't want people visiting (as in, if you were in the Akatsuki clan b/c I'm sure they don't want people visiting them due to secrecy reasons) but I'm sure that the main village clans would benefit from this option.

So this would mean that you can already be a part of a clan while simultaneously be a visitor to another clan, but would you be able to visit more than one clan at a time, or would it be like a... one thing kind of deal? While being a visitor of one clan, you can only visit there, and then you'd have to withdraw visitation to vist another one?

I did think it would be a nice idea to allow visitation to a few clans at once instead of just one. There would be a limit, of course, to prevent people from hanging out everywhere at once, which I think I mentioned toward the end of the topic. I like the idea of being able to turn of visitors too, though, same as you can turn off applicants.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »

I approve of this concept. It would allow such villages as Kumogakure and Iwagakure get more involved in role-play via their clans, especially since the prior does not exist as an in game location and the later has its own secret.

So someone get the Admin to create this, if/when he has the time and approves of the concept.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:39:05 PM »

So yeah, you wonderful moderators should totally agree to this system.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 05:09:51 AM »

Dawwww! Am I wonderful?

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 05:53:35 AM »

Dawwww! Am I wonderful?
Shhh. You'll hear you.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »

I suppose this can be treated like a dwelling system:

Unless given a "key", with a limit of people at a time, you cannot enter.

Let's say a good 10 people at max can come in and out.

Sounds good enough, to me at least.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »

Not bad of an idea.
If it matters, you have my vote.

Though here are a few questions to keep in mind and begin formulating:
1. How will this system exactly work?
    - Example: I am the leader (rank 30/31), I let you be a guest to chat my in clan halls. Well, do you think there should be
                      another list with names of members who have visiting rights seen by all, or just of certain ranks?

2. Limitations?
    - Are the limitations like a time limit really needed? If the clan leader or rank 25 or higher accepts you to be a visitor, well, doesn't
      that mean he/she can revoke that visitation? That basically is your limitation...in sense.

From what I can tell, I'm thinking a little differently about this than you. And this method might possibly be easier to do, rather than creating time limits and such.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:57:59 PM by ace »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »

That was exactly my thoughts Acey-Boy.

Though I had thought about who could see the list of visitors. Having it so all members of the clan makes sense, as the visitors will most likely be posting, so no need to hide them from the rest of the clan. The list could act like the member list, and be were the leaders can kick the visitors out, or accept them.

The one question I do have, is sounds there be a limit on the number of clans that can be visited by one person?

RichardUchiha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »

Not bad of an idea.
If it matters, you have my vote.

Though here are a few questions to keep in mind and begin formulating:
1. How will this system exactly work?
    - Example: I am the leader (rank 30/31), I let you be a guest to chat my in clan halls. Well, do you think there should be
                      another list with names of members who have visiting rights seen by all, or just of certain ranks?

2. Limitations?
    - Are the limitations like a time limit really needed? If the clan leader or rank 25 or higher accepts you to be a visitor, well, doesn't
      that mean he/she can revoke that visitation? That basically is your limitation...in sense.

From what I can tell, I'm thinking a little differently about this than you. And this method might possibly be easier to do, rather than creating time limits and such.

As Ice said, it seems to make sense for everyone to be able to see since one of the main reasons for this visiting system is the ability to read and post there; as for another list, I thought about that a bit and it may be easy to just have the lowest rank in the actual membership list be for visitors, however not allow the clan to change the names of the visitors rank. So they'd be on the actual members list, technically, just with a clear sign pointing out that they are only visiting.

The time limit thing, now that I read back again, seems like a pointless suggestion; that being said, however, it still makes sense to limit the number of clans a person can visit, otherwise you'd have clan hoppers hanging out in every possible clan at once.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.