Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Village changes  (Read 14513 times)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Village changes
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:35:14 AM »

Okay, so here's a hot topic of late, changing the villages of SL. So lets have a discussion about it.
I've had some ideas about how I think the villages should be, so I'm going to share them, then ask for everyone else opinions.

So first, Kirigakure, Konohagakure, and Sunagakure all stay basically the same.

The current Otogakure be split into two new playable villages, Iwagakure and Kumogakure.
New shops, images, and descriptions would be needed for these, as well as other things.

Nin Central becomes The land of Iron, Tetsu no Kuni.
Basically everything in the village could stay the same, just change the image and description.

Hoshigakure stays the same, or could be renamed Amegakure.
Hoshi is just a filler village, whereas Ame is where Pein and Akatsuki are based, and are just as 'secret' in the series.

The current Iwagakure could become Otogakure.
People love Oto, but it's not a 'real' village persay, and it makes sense to have it like the current Iwa to me.

So with this, we could do some shuffling of current stores, create some new ones, that sort of thing.

The main issue is the new stores, so ideas for them would be a good place to start talking. For Kumo I had the idea of the Island Turtle, a little game where you have to guess the gender of animals, or the Falls of truth, event that could randomly effect your alignment.

Also if you have ideas how the villages could be set up, state them to.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
Re: Village changes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »

For Iwagakure, perhaps a rock stacking competition where the player tries to stack rocks as high as they can. The highest one would reward a gem and some gold or something, but everything else reward a tiny bit of gold (basically something similar to the snowman building competition).

And maybe, since Tetsu no Kuni is known for their samurai, since there is already the bodyguard system there, you can rename it the samurai hiring system (it would reflect how samurai are being replaced more and more by shinobi and ninjutsu to the fact that most people don't use the bodyguard system, but the samurai would still be there as an option nonetheless >>").

I would say change Hoshigakure to Amegakure, as that would also give "akatsuki" rp-ers a place to call "home" since many of them gathered there to meet with Pein.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:56:12 AM »

Ah good ideas Purple.

Also I remember I was thinking of the possibility to add a 'Missing Nin' race.
Basically you would get no Racial buff, but you could access the Academy, and weapon/armor shops at any village, but prices may be higher or something.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:01:48 AM »

Yeah, I remember the idea of missing nin as a race being bounced around. Increased gold prices to purchase items would be a good trade off for having access to the academy from anywhere. If it were a race, it'd just be a general 'missing nin' race, and then the player puts which village they left in their bio, right?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:14:06 AM »

Yeah I'd guess so.
Also another Shop idea a few people have mentioned to me is a Reset Shop, where you can 'Trade' or forget your current resets. Could be helpful, especially with the new KGs coming out.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:59:53 AM »

Yeah I'd guess so.
Also another Shop idea a few people have mentioned to me is a Reset Shop, where you can 'Trade' or forget your current resets. Could be helpful, especially with the new KGs coming out.

"Reset" shop, no. That seems ill-conceived; trying to make the game too easy here.

People reborned, or to an extent: bought, certain accounts because of those reborns -- it doesn't make sense to forget those reborns for your own desires.

We already have the choice to reset our names and DK points.

I mean, really. All one would have to do is get Uchiha and keep Sharingan, then trade that off for Hyuuga; supply and demand game drop drastically.

Also, what if they do level one certain reborn and trade it off?

Let's keep going with Uchiha; got the 4 reborns, alright, now they trade that in for Mokuton, can they still keep going with Uchiha? Or are they restricted from being able to restrict the same KG twice?

The missing Ninja thing, I understand; only one way to be Missing Ninja at this point, really, and it only lasts one game day.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 04:06:20 AM »

Yep, if it was available, I'd lean more towards only forgetting them, mostly for reasons which you've stated.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:07:57 AM »

So, a "forget" shop, then.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »

Possibly, but something like that seems more suited for the Mission HQ.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »

So a Reborn Reset..

What about pricing?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:34 AM »

Expensive, at least 1000 like Oro point resets, most likely higher, but this is off topic now.

Ideas for other village shops etc.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »

I like the notion of actually being able to go to the place Akatsuki is and attack their homes for a change!

Shop Ideas:

Kumo: I like the turtle Island thing in front of the waterfall.  But with a temporary buff to some stat for a limited about of turns? Or maybe this could be a chakra refill? If Hoshi turns into Ame then that would be in Akatsuki territory.

What about another mount shop but with those large creatures from Kumo?

In 'Ame'/ Hoshi: How about "Konan's Oragami Boutique". There you could craft some oragami. And then when you go into the forest you have a random effect of a cloud of oragami cranes that either assist you for a number of rounds or harrass you for a number of rounds.

I don't know why, but turning the Dr.'s shop into a resurrection chamber pops into my head. I see no benefit to this but maybe someone else can build something from the idea.

Hrm...perhaps it shows you who is dead in the shades...and you can pay to turn them into a zombie and then for the next day they have a penalty in the forest for a number of rounds.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »

That zombie thing reminds me of the old smiting option that was taken out of the shades all those years ago. X) 

For Kumo:
I think I'm taking this from my original idea from the other Kumogakure thread, but I had an idea of a weaponsmith shop run by Karui since she is a skilled blacksmith. You can go to her and pay XX amount of gems and gold, and she can attempt to augment your weapon by 1 point (it can also fail, making it negative).  If your weapon is already augmented, she'll refuse to work on it.

For Iwa:

Deidara and Gari's Treasure Field - I guess what I had in mind for this one was something similar to the bunny ear's game in the forest where you have to find the egg. However, this one would be a grid of not as many options (maybe 5x4 grid). They would all be unmarked spots, and the object of the game is to find treasure. You would pay XX amount of gold to start the game and in the game, you can get different prizes depending on where you randomly pick. The options would be as follows:
  • Nothing
  • Gold/small amount of gems? maybe just 1
  • An item of some sort (kunai, shuriken, exploding tags, mystical knives, etc)
  • A clay bomb that hurts you for some damage
You'd get 3 tries altogether to look in the spots to find stuff. 

Eh, I dunno, was just a random thought.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:01:43 PM by Omega Purple »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »

I love the Origami shop, and the Treasure Field.

The augment shop is kind of good... but seems a little to good to be a shop I think I heard.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 03:18:30 PM »

I like these ideas Ice. For Kumo and Iwa i'm guessing the stat or benefits for selecting each village would have to be reworked as well. For village shops or games. How about a "Zen Rock Garden" sort of like the hot springs of Konoha. See link below for image

http://www.inspirehomemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/unique-zen-garden.jpg

Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.