Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SL: A History  (Read 18465 times)

Quest

Re: SL: A History
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:31:18 AM »

Nobody remembers the war Suna <-> Mist? =( I scripted even the event.
Lucky to be a Leaf nin during that war =)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »

Well, I obviously would be glad to help.

Painting the tapestry would be hard, but, worthwhile in the end.

There are many, many points to be considered. But, to start, why not have a bit of 'God's view' (Neji) of creation.

Add in the current and former Kages; Then, the people themselves who have shaped this world. The Kages themselves are the small part.

The soul of people is what made the world what it is today. (even with vampires, etc.)

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:39 AM »

I think that would be best. Have Neji, then the moderators tell their stories. Then the Kage, and finally end on the civilian population...
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Quest

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »

Shinobi of SL used to only know 3 specialties, Genjustu, Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. Then came the evolution, a whole bunch of elemental ninjutsu was born. Enemies evolved from light-saber-wielding-hamster and horrible pictures of cosplayers to screenshot of various animals and characters (major and minor) from the anime/OVA/movie. Shinobi with REAL KG also begin appearing as more and more players build up TONS of Oro Kills. Then mobs in the forest suddenly learn how to use Jutsu themselves, as well as begin ganging up on us D=

Yeah, I don't know much about world outside the forest T_T

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »

Yeah, I don't know much about world outside the forest T_T

It's better that you don't...

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »

My story would be shallow, as I mostly recall only technical things I did (like the War module, the ANBU patrols and whatnot).

True roleplaying is something I can't really enjoy on the site =) not possible while being the server hoster.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:56 PM »

Neji...you should RP in disguise one day. Lol

I agree that the Kage's are just a tiny bit of what made the history of SL. I of course will help out where I can.

This is where my stupid hard drive...3 now since I started...dying has cursed me. I always save my RP's to word docs. What a wealth of fun has been lost due to the frailty of technology.

Oh I Will cry about it later. I have stuff to do today.

Quest

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »

I became super caution when my hardisk broke the 2nd time.  My back up have back ups in various forms. From external hardisk and pendrives to DVD copies.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:36 AM »

Smiles, "Well I have one thumb drive and three children. So I don't get to spoil myself with too many toys as I should like too." Every lap top she has ever owned was bought used from a friend who deals. "Yeah...I know a guy." Her replaced her hard drive for free last time or she would have had to gone MIA.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »

Of the things that I can remember, they're mostly changes that were evolving on the site but not necessarily associated to the roleplaying aspect. Things like the change of the specialty system, the implementation of the Kekkei Genkai, the earlier clan listing being so small, etc. The era of the Leet Ninjas, KBoogi pogo sticking across Kiri, the clans rising or combining into a super clan, and for some reason an acad sitter named Kawazoetakumi who went and pvp'd many a people. The first time that the Day it Rained Blood was implemented was particularly fun as well since that was the best birthday present ever. XD

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »

I really feel we should move forward with this project while the interest is there.

I am asking every to go to this link...

Time Line: A Major Work in Progress

... and check it out, make comments, post events you recall and I will work them into the main timeline. Please spread the word and recruit people to go to SLS...yes, Shinobi Legends Society, the site link is on the log in page of SL...and post about at least one thing they wish to have entered, recall, or think is worth remembering.

ANYTHING...

This is our history and should not be left to fall by the wayside of forgotten memories.

THANKS!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:58:21 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »

I feel like a small kid listening to my granny whilst she talks about her history....

*nods nods*

HOwever i do not know sooo many events but i try to remember. I would love to add some of my memories..But we really should think of the Uchiha and Hyuuga and Kaguya.. and out vampire friends. Maybe we can add a reason WHY there are vampires...

And maybe even think of a plot for SL to give it more life? It could be combined with the forest...I find it kinda funny to fight Orochimaru over and over again. Some ugly beast would be more fitting.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »

Wasn't it..2010 when...Suna got in so many fights? It started with the Suna-Oto war...then some minor attacks i think...then the blood moon cult and last but not least the Order of the black rose during this rose war Silver 'died' and Raijin became Kazekage...

Jeez my memory is so bad ><

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

these are great silver. I forgot about attacking Otogakure. MAde we leveled it good. HA!!!

yeah, I liked being kazekage and starting stuff.

well anyway...we can add events in a relative time sequence and splice them in between known dates for things just like we do with stratigraphy.

Man...I really love being a geologist. IF only it paid! Around where I live, I mean. what a great career choice, right?

too funny. life really is.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »

I find this to be rather irrelevant. Focus on the present and future rather than making a desperate attempt to revive that which has long lost in it's race with time. I think the SL history should be something informal. Something passed on from player to player. That way only the things that matter are preserved.

Oh well, that's just my opinion.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.