Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SL: A History  (Read 18449 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: SL: A History
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:29 AM »

I just have one question before I post a prototype of the timeline I've been working on...
Why is SLS's history being intermingled with Shinobi Legends?
SLS's history is irrelevant to Shinobi Legends as it was something not from the past; as in before Shinobi Legends was even established.
My history will go as follow:  naruto.elefanmatrix.de -> Legend of Naruto | Shinibi Legends -> Current present events

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 04:49:32 AM »

Uhm...

I don't see any SLS events on the timeline yet. Have you gone and checked it out Kamui?

I know many people have a bad taste in their mouth concerning the RP of SLS, and you with good reason more so than most I Would wager.

However, in Sunagakure, the events of SLS and SL were as one. WE rp'd everywhere. And there are certain dates that can be retrieved from SLS that pertain to SL. When was a kage retired and another appointed? When were bijuu challenges made and against who? The other villages? They were not so congruous as Suna was and so certainly the SLS even in those places are not part of this SL timeline. For it is a timeline of Shinobi Legends and NOT of the Society.

At any rate, These histories have been recorded upon SLS. I very much enjoyed my time there and was a bit irritated that the project turned out to be less than I had hoped it would be. But such is the way things are when personalities collide. What killed SLS? Everything I should say. Does it matter now? Not in the least.

So...Quest has started to make a place for SLS to fit into our world here on SL. IF that cannot be accomplished then it will be removed and put away once and for all. Well to me that sounds like a crying shame. In my desire to see certain things preserved which were of great value to me, I have volunteered to go back to SLS and see what I can do to aid its evolution into a useful and enjoyable tool for everyone on SL. And in the meantime...

I have gained access to the recycle bin over there and to all the rp that we did and was just thrown into the trash as though it were nothing. It is important to me to retrieve these events and stories. And all I know is that there and only there much of MY history lives that was lost to me through hard drive failures upon my lap tops and deletion when SLS died. And I have that back now to retrieve.

Now...why did I go on ahead and post a timeline project on SLS? Because it will enliven the place and very importantly, it has a chat box. IT was very stream lined and convenient for me to speak with people there concerning what we recall and all of that sort of things. To pump up enthusiasm and visit with friends. I would not have been able to get half as much as we have accomplished in just one afternoon if I had been constrained to answering single PMs and repeating the same information to multiple people. It is very efficient.

So relax. I had the day off from work. My last day before starting my new week, Yesterday was ate up with...drudgery...and I wished to have something fun to do. The idea is a good one and so I started to run with it. Today. Several people crawled out of the wood work to join in. We are starting from the present and working our way backwards. Slowly I add in the details. Actual dates against relative ones.

People can come and see it, make comments, add their own recollections...perhaps have their own memories sparked by seeing what is written there. Already that has worked as we can remember this event took place before that one or something else happened after another.

And you can see what is going on there very easily. Things will meet in the middle. It will be wonderful Kamui. Truly it will.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:56:26 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »

And you can see what is going on there very easily. Things will meet in the middle. It will be wonderful Kamui. Truly it will.

It's not so because of this "bad taste" that still lingers but I actually want to implement the Leet Ninjas, ANBU and Death Dealers into the time line and they don't even exist in SLS's history.
It wouldn't hurt to also gather what little what we remember of the great clan/ninja wars and put it up as future reference for players.
Some history within Shinobi Legends | Legend of Naruto is still quite different from SLS's very own history.

But I am all up for your idea of you drafting SLS's history from your recollection and somehow we'll meet somewhere along the middle with SL/LoN's very own history.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 02:06:50 AM »

Nothing make me happier than seeing an idea come together and people working as one to achieve such a goal as large as this one.

Raijinthelightning

• Yondaime Kazekage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 02:53:48 AM »

Shinobi of SL used to only know 3 specialties, Genjustu, Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. Then came the evolution, a whole bunch of elemental ninjutsu was born. Enemies evolved from light-saber-wielding-hamster and horrible pictures of cosplayers to screenshot of various animals and characters (major and minor) from the anime/OVA/movie. Shinobi with REAL KG also begin appearing as more and more players build up TONS of Oro Kills. Then mobs in the forest suddenly learn how to use Jutsu themselves, as well as begin ganging up on us D=

Yeah, I don't know much about world outside the forest T_T

I remember the hamster and I have only been here since 06’ish!

I took a break for about a year and a half in that time though. If only I could remember a date for the great epidemic of clan killers. I remember that well. I was a member of Heroshima back then, introducing my silly little, fantastical ideas to the population.

I used to be really into all that non-naruto, fantasy stuff. That being said, I do not consider vampires as being that kind of ‘fantasy’ stuff. For the longest time, they have been incorporated into SL roleplay. Look back at Baluski, still a major player in giving acads nightmares in the forest. He was one of the best vampires the site has ever seen. Then we look to old roleplayers such as Lady Nightwind who brought being a vampire to life, preying on the innocent who wandered alone in the streets at night.

These kinds of people were important into making the site active and keeping things interesting for the new players. Being an acad back then was not boring as it is today. I feel sorry for the acads of today and how hard they have to work to even try to be interested. Nothing is done for them and, as a Kage, I feel mildly responsible for that. There is little we can do for them, however, when they refuse to stay active.

I will try to pry out some old memories from back when I was much different than I am now. Perhaps I can even talk to my sister.. She was close with many important people back in the “(g)olden days” of SL.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:04:24 AM by Raijinthelightning »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 04:35:11 AM »

It's not so because of this "bad taste" that still lingers but I actually want to implement the Leet Ninjas, ANBU and Death Dealers into the time line and they don't even exist in SLS's history.
It wouldn't hurt to also gather what little what we remember of the great clan/ninja wars and put it up as future reference for players.
Some history within Shinobi Legends | Legend of Naruto is still quite different from SLS's very own history.

But I am all up for your idea of you drafting SLS's history from your recollection and somehow we'll meet somewhere along the middle with SL/LoN's very own history.

Kamui...please pay attention dear...

I am not putting SLS's history on the timeline.  I am working on the timeline at the SLS site. That is all. It is a convenient location for me to work with others and for everyone to view what is going on.

I believe that only in Suna are the two site's histories the same. The kage's and the bijuu are also the same except for in a few minor instances. So having access to the SLS recycle bin is useful to me in retrieving the histories that are stored there which are SL rp story lines.

It was never my intention to try and merge the two. I don' t believe that is possible. Nor do I believe that it is desirable.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 06:08:54 AM »

I just have one question before I post a prototype of the timeline I've been working on...
Why is SLS's history being intermingled with Shinobi Legends?
SLS's history is irrelevant to Shinobi Legends as it was something not from the past; as in before Shinobi Legends was even established.
My history will go as follow:  naruto.elefanmatrix.de -> Legend of Naruto | Shinibi Legends -> Current present events
Holy crap, seeing naruto.elefanmatrix.de brought back memories of how excited I was to finally become a genin! But then I felt some disappointment when there was the merge and slight rollback, but at the same time I knew what was coming before getting that first oro kill!

But anyways, I want to suggest that we base the creation of the shinobi world (or the world, if you wish) on the events that played out in starting and sustaining the beginnings of SL.

Shigeo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »

What do I remember...?

I remember the creation of the first Kirigakure no Sato; the first village clan, at that.

I remember Neo Akatsuki. The Bijuu. Kamui's role as the site's BBEG. My own goal to collect the chakra/essences of the Bijuu, and a brief entrance into Neo Akatsuki for that end (though it all came to naught).

I remember the proliferation of the other "canon" villages: Sunagakure no Sato, led by Gaarasandburial (and later, Eclipse); Konoha, led by Seraphim. Otogakure, led by...Makoto, I want to say. Other "no Sato" clans began to appear during this time. Amegakure, at one point. At any rate, a spark had been formed, and the flames of inspiration grew.

I remember my students. And miss them. Reseikosame. Hotaru. Court. Many more, who were given nudges in the right direction. I miss my rivalries; Tracey, chiefly.

I remember the merging of Kirigakure v1 and affiliated villages into a grand clan, a single cohesive unit of the five villages. Remember its collapse, too. Kirigakure v2's and the merged nation v2's rise and fall.

The Order of the Black Rose...whether people found themselves with a sour taste in their mouth in the end or not, it brought activity to the site the likes of which I had not seen in a long time. Nations banding together, allies or close friends betraying each other for grabs at personal power a war that felt alive, where things weren't all sunshine and smiles. It was beautiful.

There is much I remember. Much more I've forgotten. This is just a roughly chronological order of my own view on events.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

naruto.elefantenmatrix.de it was :D

What is grey and does usually not commute/permutate? A matrix of elephants... that was the joke. Behind the domain (the domain is still in my possession).

And my hamster... I like him - behold my game avatar.
I think it was a squirrel though... sith lord of squirrels...

The first game had only those specialties, yes. And the basic 4 cities. No Ninja Central, but Konohagakure as central city. Sound was also there, but no alignments or such things.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Quest

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »

elephant ten matrix?!

That explains the light saber wielding squirrel...

Here are some of the more bizarre forest enemies of the past...

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 04:32:09 AM »

Oh wow, those are from back in the day. I woudn't mind if we had that Sakura one put back in the forest. :o

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »

Ah yes, I remember those - so nice :D

elefantenmatrix ... elefanten is German for elephants. :)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

I remember the original Ninjutsu... using the curse technique on Orochimaru but that won't help. Mainly, what I remember is the names of the people I remember seeing around. Sriracha, Tehbeastjeffsays, WhiteEyes HiashiHyuuga, Leet Ninja Kurenai and so on. If it helps, I could compile a list of everyone I remember who used to be around to help spark other people's memories. "Oh yeah, I remember that guy," sort of thing...

Quest

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »

Does Yondaimehokageyellowflash ring any bells? or was his name yondaimehokagetheyellowflash? Anyway, it's freaking looooooooooooooooooooooooong.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »

Upon my bio it used to say...

"Wanders the sands,screams his name: Yondaimethethhokage. sings "Aint No Sunshine When Hes Gone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

He was Sunshine Bear and I was Braveheart Bear. We used to god mod from one end of the zones clear to the other and it was so much fun! he would walk into Suna and set fire to the buildings, and ride in on huge giagantoid beings and stomp upon the houses. he destroyed Osa's Sake House and is the reason why it was rebuilt under ground. And in case you are wondering this is all a dream cause Sunshine and I destroyed the world...twice! FlamingChaos used to come and kick over buildings and punch holes in the stone walls or fight hordes of demons in the streets. Mole Sage The Crazy ANBU would come and set off bombs and scream 'get off my lawn!' as he sharpened weapons and baked pies filled with dubious meats. My cannibal little brother Santachi would eat people! I got him some  slave captives for his birthday one year to feed upon. Life was so simple. You know, Santachi could summons elephants and actually change into one? Hmmmm...it makes me smile in a sad sad way.

God. Those were the days. Back when it was ok to be an idiot and actually have some fun. Now we are all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO serious and up in each other's nests to see what is hatching and to make sure it is ooooooooooooh so legit. I liked Kayenta much better back then before she was forced to grow up. But all of this was near or around 2006-2008

I need more allowance...Why?
because I do...

Luka! That would be great. Please do. People will recall the things that are or were as best they can. You see how it is?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.