Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Fake Poll: Blueberry or Blackberry?

Blueberry
- 6 (27.3%)
Blackberry
- 5 (22.7%)
Greenberry
- 3 (13.6%)
Redberry
- 3 (13.6%)
Library
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2012, 10:51:17 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Rewriting the Bijuu rules, The council, and Jinchuuriki Elections.  (Read 77714 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile

Refer to this post:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,6970.msg204344.html#msg204344

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this thread was made to organize and edit new Bijuu rules (challenges, etc.), to form a designated council of people to act as go-to for referees and such for the matches and, finally, to replace currently inactive jinchuuriki.

Getting down to business, these are our current rules:

ºHow to Challenge a Jinchūrikiº
In order to challenge a Jinchūriki & obtain a Bijū, one must extend an invitation to its host along with proper arrangements for it to take place; should the Jinchūriki refuse the set date/time: negotiate for a more appropriate time. Should the Jinchūriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchūriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchūriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

ºShould the Bijū be Host-lessº
Should the Bijū be sealed within something not a Jinchūriki, whomsoever is in possession of the tailed beast (for a prolonged period of one week or more) is entitled to assume duties of fighting for possession of the Bijū. As such: Bijū are not to be set free to roam; they must be sealed and delivered to the village of their last Jinchūriki.

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

ºRulesº
Like any other zone fight, rules are established as support for completing the quarrel without need for troubles to arise. Those basic rules are also adopted into host-challenges. The rules are as follows [unless agreed upon both parties (with proof) to be something otherwise]:

‾No Auto-Hitting.
Auto-Hitting is recognized as being a direct action following through without consent of the opposing party.

‾No God-Modding.
God-Modding has been recognized as an incorrect claim of one or more super-powers incapable of one's possession or against what one's character establishes. Several other things have been regarded God-Modding such as dodging every attack, extreme maneuvers & such. If God-Modding should occur, the opposing party will object to it & things can be negotiated from there.

‾Hosts are allowed to use their tails.
There should be no arguments about a host using their Bijū's abilities. However, the claim of utilizing all of their tails, if it seems unfit for them, due to period of time with the Biju, can be negotiable [but must be maintained brief]. Furthermore, other rules can be negotiated between both parties. I.E. Rules such as the number of contestants versus the host [? v. the host (1)] can also be negotiated, etc.

ºGrace Periodº
After any challenge (& loss) from a challenger, a week must be given to the host before challenging them to a rematch (the one week grace period is in subject to a single challenger & as such does not signify a host can ignore challenges from all others during the time period). In cases such as obtaining a Bijū for oneself, a 2-week grace period is granted In order to “commune” with one’s Bijū. If a host shows inactivity for long periods of time (two weeks or more) without prior notice, you can report their missing & conference of a suitable host will take place when possible.

ºTampering with the Bijūº
Tampering with the Bijū, meaning: destroying it, editing its affinity, parting its powers into multiple entities, etc. & anything that changes it from its known canon form is prohibited. Reason being the unpredictable results of its edit & inability to properly decide what lies correct or not.

Secondly, our 'council members' are still not, really, set in stone. They're assumed people such as myself, Zenaku, Kayenta, Rare, Nathan, etc. -- well known figures, to be truthful. Personally, I see no need for a council as the belief of one person is just as good as anyone's. People keep asking for one, though, so we need to address the following:

1. How many members.
2. Who are they.
3. What they have dominion over.

and I can't really think of anything else.

Thirdly, we're looking at replacing inactive Jinchuuriki.

Currently, we have:

1. Zyeta
2. {Kumogakure}
3. Ranketsu
4. Darkshinobi
5. {Kumogakure}
6. Mangetsu
7. {Kumogakure}
8. Jinzo (Ōshō-Kiba)
9. Zenaku

I propose replacements because our current rules are in question at the moment. Purposely I also placed the open-response-ability by asking this on the forums.

Ranketsu and Darkshinobi are, currently, people's most cried out demands for change. Ranketsu because, we all know, is inactive; that is to say, she goes periods of time without logging in only to do so at certain points and post one-two lines of rp and then be done with it. She's already done talk of passing on the sanbi and kage-ship but is, as of late, reluctant to do so.

Dark shinobi is, as of now, 11 days inactive and has yet to, as far as I know, complete a single bijuu challenge. He claims to have difficulties getting on, etc. - that being the case or not, he obviously cannot suffice to be a jinchuuriki.

And, blah, blah, blah.

Edit: Added link to page 14 post.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:25:35 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Rewriting the Bijuu rules, The council, and Jinchuuriki Elections.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

I don't really know if the council needs to change at all. I think most people would be happy just asking you or Zen for an opinion on something. Having a list of everyone who can make a decision in a bijuu fight would be good though. I don't mind the rules as they are now either. The inactive jinchuriki is a thing that should be taken care of though. I don't know what their current situation is but yeah Rank and Dark are both incredibly inactive. Dark has been fighting Sabumaru for months now and Ranketsu just flat out refuses my challenges.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »

Absolutely I think a change is needed for those with consistant inactivity, it's even more unsettling when you are suppose to be a Jinchūriki and you cannot give others a chance to attempt to withhold that power for a brief moment, let alone oppose it.

No village change of the Bijū should happen, so that is out of question. I do agree though that those two possessions over the Yonbi and Sanbi should be stripped until they get a good enough availability to retain such.

Regarding the council, I really don't think we need one other than the current Jinchūriki and the Kages of the villages that played a huge part in SL, which means basically Konoha, Kir, Suna, Kumo, Oto, and Iwa. Those  villages such as Amegakure, Yukigakure, and Arashigakure does not, or should not be allowed to be apart of the latter.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »

Iwa has done just about as little as Ame, hoshi, etc., though.

As it is, the current Tsuchi, Hidemesu-whateverwhatever, isn't known for his role-playing on a positive note; mostly it's bashing against how he fights, etc.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »

I'm aware of that, but I included them only because they have future references in SL as a major village. Also, because Varikas reign as Tsuhcikage during his time, was great.

Though to keep the main topic in question, what shall be done about the two main inactive Jinchūriki?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:25 AM »

Inactive jinchuuriki are a problem, but I have more of a sore spot for the hostless bijuu. I think that The kages who hold them should place them within a host after a certain amount of time. Essentially they are just removed from game play at this point in time and I find it annoying.

Additionally? I would like some etiquette and manners to be seen in the zones because frankly the last few Bijuu matches I have seen have been shameful with regards to the behavior of the contenders.

Not only should the host be powerful enough to retain his bijuu, but he aught to be an example of game play in general.

I get tired of going to read a match and find 3-6 pages of OOC tripe and whaling about idiocies. That is not Jinchuuriki material in my book at all.

I am not talking about flying off the handle now and again. ANYONE can be pushed to the edge of their endurance and lose it. But when this becomes a predictable manner of dealing with conflict then something is seriously wrong.

On a side note, Ranketsu has already stepped down as active Mizukage and reinstated Rakudo to his former place...for his third term in office.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:31:32 AM »

I'm aware of that, but I included them only because they have future references in SL as a major village. Also, because Varikas reign as Tsuhcikage during his time, was great.

Though to keep the main topic in question, what shall be done about the two main inactive Jinchūriki?

I think both bijuu should be given to me. I'll get them eventually anyway.  8)

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »

I don't have a problem with the hostless Bijū. It's not like god has them or anything, simply someone who has most people intimidated. I agree though that they should be given a host at some point.

The purpose of pm's was, from my understanding, situated into Bijū fights to control such argument posts over matches, even to level the comments that others have to throw in. I suppose people think stating it in the zone over talking to your opponent in the pm's makes them look cooler than the other, but it's unnecessary and like Kay said, annoying.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »

Well, I don't think hostless bijuu are an issue here. They are hostless cause nobody challenges Zenaku for them or does but fails. It's not like the issue would have arose if this was someone easy to beat and what nots.  Meh, in my opinion, those complaining about the Kumo bijuu part are reeally just whining about Zenaku being hard to win against. If anything, we could add a rule about multi bijuu holder being challenged for more than one bijuu at once. Again, they ARE not taken out of game play. It's not like Zenaku goes "Well I have them sealed so you can't challenge me for them" <- THAT would have been an issue.

From what I've heard, the Sanbi problem might be fixed in the near future, as for the Yonbi, I'll check with Dark to see if there is any chance of him returning, if not, we'll just seal it in an object of sorts or give it to someone else.

As for the council, people well known for their rp skill, ability to spot flaws and errors, along with their willingness to help out when issues arise in zone are often called upon, the thing is, people prefer to ask Rai, Zen, myself, etc. Not only once have I encounter the Scenario when X called out to Y, Y lol'd, ridiculed and said X was wrong until someone like Rai or Zen said the same thing. There probably are some people that don't acknowledge my "authority" and that of several others alike. That would be the only reason a council is needed, however, people as ignorant as that are not really met often.

Well, if a council is formed, I'd say the reason would be smacking the people that don't clean their shiz up unless Rai or Zen say so over the head.
Number of members: I don't think there should be a limit of sorts about as long as they trust worthy in this aspect.
Who should they be: Right now I only see Rai and Zen as the official ones. How about we make it so that one needs a recommendation from a council member?

Lastly, in regards to some jinchuriki, potentially noy being "jinchuriki material" we really have no one other but ourselves to blame as a community for either lacking 9 highly competent players or complaining about jinchuriki not being competent while, us, as competent players, do not contribute to the change of such via challenging those we deem "unworthy".
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:54:02 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »

From Luka via PM:

---Original Message from Fire and Ice HalfDragonLuka(2012-04-28 18:25:15)---
You want my opinion? So be it. First, I think that a Bijuu should have a host. None of this, Zenaku guarding all of them, by the way, to challenge him, he's using Kyuubi. It should be a one on one battle between the challenger and the beast he intends to take (unless otherwise agreed upon by the Jinchuuriki and challenger beforehand)
Secondly, a council. I personally find a great deal of disparity in the views of many of the so called "presitgious figures" of SL, mainly because they use their status as a justufication for deciding what is or isn't acceptable. I've seen a great many double standards used and that is entirely unethical.
I base my opinions off of the information that Kishi provides and, seeing as the capability of Ninjutsu hasn't been shown to be very limited, spanning as it is from reanimating the dead to creating the moon, I believe that a loose interpretationalism is needed when judging. Unless it's been specifically stated that something can't be done (eg. copying a KG via Sharingan) then why not? As long as the technique in question makes sense and isn't moddy then who are any of us to say that something can't be done?

As for replacing inactive people, this goes back to point number one. Having all the Bijuu holed up in one place and for all intents and purposes, unavailable cuts into potential RP. Similarly, having the Jinchuuriki in question unavailable to challenge without a legitimate reason also cuts into what could otherwise be an active RP. However, the question of who to choose as hosts is one to be considered since most people here, while having the zoning standard necessary for a bijuu may lack either the time or the effort required to support having one.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

[Double Posting]

As far as Zenaku holding multiple bijuu go: Rare brought up the point of "So?" (pretty much). Hashirama held all 9 beasts at some point in his life and then gave them away as peace treaties. So what if he's using the Kyuubi? It's his beast, after all. You'd want him to use the bijuu you're fighting for? "Now he knows sand. K. Now he knows bubble-based jutsu and is very toxic. K. Now he can steam-punch you. K." So, he'd have to claim the maximum tails of each beast? Or, would he only be able to use certain tails? Now you're setting subset rules for a single person for multiple occasions.

As far as giving the bijuu to hosts at some point: Zenaku has done that. Nibi to Yugito. Gobi was recently given to him and offered to Dizzy (if memory serves). Rokubi was given to Bocchiere until it was lost. Shichibi was offered to ReimuHikaru, etc.

Eventually he just held onto them for the sake of continuing the RP he does.

Also, remember this: Zen is found to be hard to beat because of his reborns. He worked for them, though. 16 Reborns, having gotten 10 before SM/Rin was pretty annoying. Easy mode was still easy, but not as easy. Much more time constraint. So, damning someone -- essentially -- by saying "he's too strong, make him give them up!" simply because they worked tirelessly for something is pretty ignorant.

After all, you don't chase around rich figures and demand money because they have too much, now (In before sarcastic people say that do that all the time).

The entirety of 'double standards' (as Luka said) can be true, really. I've seen it happen. But, generally, the premises isn't the same for each argument, allowing specific examples general rules until seen as otherwise. *None come to me at this point.

I think Kay means 'removed from play' in the sense that role-play wise. They're not role-played with, etc.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »

Gee what a shock that people who cannot beat Zen do not want him to have the multiple bijuu. What's this bull shit about me being given the Rokubi? Rakudo was bored having it sealed and gave it to the only active Kiri nin at the time, UzamakiWarrior. I won it fair and square, it was not given to me. Luka makes me lol sometimes though, sure just do whatever you want kitty. You should be able to bs absolutely anything if it has not been explicitly stated in the manga you cannot, yeah that sounds like somewhere we do not want to go.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

I'm glad to hear Rare agree with the thought that the problem isn't Zenaku holding 5 Bijū for himself currently, also the fact the Rai stated people are intimidated by the resets and the fact that he is in possession of Kurama because that's entirely what I was trying to get at. I applaud Zenaku on his gathered Bijū and how he has many people afraid of challenging him.

I bet those who look down upon this would have a whole different view on the latter if they were in the same position as him, there wouldn't be any problem then would it. Those who have a problem with such method doesn't deserve to have one themselves.

Hopefully Dark can find a way to make it on enough to give those a chance to obtain such. I feel sorry for the guy though because he will be a huge target to those lusting for a Bijū.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 07:21:25 PM »

I won it fair and square, it was not given to me.

Sorry, Boshiair. You know how bad my memory is. <3

But, yeah, Chika. Should people be in the same position as Zenaku, they too would see it as just fine. Likewise, I'm sure they'd call them out and say "I'm right here, lolol!"

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

Well people should appreciate that Zenaku doesn't "use" all the bijuu he has and just sticks with the kyuubi.

As for Luka's opinion, I am one of the most unbiased figures there are, hence my Zenaku opinion even though I'd love for hosts to be weaker so that the not VERY powerful Konoha nin could go and seize them. Hell, I once had my own underling lose and fight and ridiculed him cause he screwed up. As for Luka's opinion... usually... when something was deemed as questionable/wrong/modish, etc. about his fights... it was pretty much all the such figures having the same opinion. That says something. No?

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.