Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Village-clan (not suggested prior)  (Read 3567 times)

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
Village-clan (not suggested prior)
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »

To my knowledge, this was suggested countless of times but turned down, however, not in this form to my knowledge.

More like an alliance of sorts but here it goes:
The option to "add under clan/village domain", you write the name of the clan, the founder/leader gets a system message or something like that and can accept or deny. Many of the clans reside in an actual village like TUC, it is listet in out "Konoha clans". Now, the added will be as part of the village clan in certain ways: Can use the halls as can the others theirs, may receive mass mails from the 30 and 31 of the parent/village clan.

Now, I know we already have villages and what nots but our kages and second in command can't edit the description, motd, or send mass mails to all of the villagers.

Another thing I wanted to suggest but left at the end as not as important due to the complexity it might hold, was giving the clan village the clan members of the clans under their domain w/o influencing their clan/rank membership. This would also allow the following:
X is a Tokubetsu Jounin to Konohagakure no sato and a 3 tomoe sharingan user to the Uchiha clan.
(somewhat of a combination between making village clans more village like and clan alliances)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:38:33 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Quest

Re: Village-clan (not suggested prior)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »

To sum it up, the 1st part of your request is pretty much like a friend request for clans, but It's also like giving someone a key to your clan hall so that they can post or RP in your clan hall. That's fine in my opinion, but allowing clan mails to be sent to your own clan as well as all your allied clans? I see it as a great feature for advertising. In other words, bad idea. If you need to get a message to your allies, why not just ask their clan leaders to copy paste your message and sent it to their members through their clan mails?

As for the 2nd part of your request, considering how assigning clan ranks works, you are pretty much asking someone to redo the whole clan ranking system...

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »

Only the parent clan rank 31 and 30 would be able to send mass mails. It came to me when Me and Yumei had to get a message across all Konoha and not just the clan. While we can just make a Konoha post, sometimes a page gets filled in under 20 minutes. While we indeed can send 5-10 pms to clan leaders, allowing such would simplify things.

Quest

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

Well, it doesn't really change the fact that it gives players the power to potentially send ads or harmful mails across SL in a much larger scale compare to the current clan mails system. If players are naive enough to promote a "Clan Destroyer" to rank 30, which allowed them to remove all their members. The scenario above is bound to happen sooner or later to an inexperience clan leader.

It's not my place to say "no" to your idea. I'm just pointing out the danger it poses to SL if the feature is abused by someone irresponsible.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »

Just how many clans do you think would accept a clan with such a clan leader as a parent clan? The probability of what you "fear" taking place is close to zero. Not to mention that if such happens that person could just get reported and what not.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »

When I have to get the word out to someone I do the chain mail thingy. I pms tons of people, ask them to spread the word. get it in public and so forth.

IT is a pain, it takes some work...but I think it would be better than having a huge mailing capability in the hands of one person because of the potential abuse factor.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »

I shall make World clan! And make all the clans my sister clans. >> Ridiculous in notion.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.