Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 4696 times)

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »

Suggestions about things game related.

My suggestion (my first input) is to ponder whether, if longer and more in-depth missions are created, could we possibly RP them out here on the forum somewhere? After all, it is alot easier to record, and this is the official forum for SL, so it wouldn't be sapping away from Sl too badly.

Finally, it'd be more time friendly to do the missions here on the forum, since with constraints and restraints, the zones and village boards tend to get... Occupied or ran over, the mission eventually disappearing if you don't do anything within a few days due to some sort of RL, or maybe if you just wanna break from SL.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Maybe some cake?  ;) ;)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »

I have said this before and will say it again, the forum should work for the game.
Meaning, after some of these on going behind the scene work finishes or simply in the future, I was going to plan to either talk with Neji and get something going role playing wise incorporated into this official forum.

As far as this request, I assume you would like a new simply mission board...
More boards can be created to expand the mission board of course.

When conducting role playing in a forum, the past has shown us what *NOT* to do. Clearly, what has happened should not happen again, period.
Hence why trying to incorporate actual heavy role playing into anywhere, especially a forum setting is very difficult. There are many different sides of the issue that needs to be accounted for, and many other issues.

Note: Neji's approval with significant forum changes is required.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »

I was actually asking specifically if places on this forum could be used to RP out the Missions on the Mission Board (in my suggestion).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:12:17 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:46 AM »

As in creating actual villages here to conduct missions...?

What are these "places" you are asking for?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »

Maybe a general area for specifically Missions to take place, or maybe even a place to archive zone fights or RP events.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »

Maybe a general area for specifically Missions to take place, or maybe even a place to archive zone fights or RP events.

I have a suggestion, perhaps a sub-board within the village square board? ;o
Although from what I've seen though some people have taken it upon themselves to just simply just post within that board because basically it is a "role play" board in general.
It could be generally easy to just name each individual threads that coincide with the current role play that is engaged in Shinobi Legends.

But if you're suggesting something like SLS, which all boards and sub-boards are correlated to their villages and then cataloged according their priority; mission-wise.
Then that is up to *whistles*  :twisted:

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »

I have a suggestion, perhaps a sub-board within the village square board? ;o
Although from what I've seen though some people have taken it upon themselves to just simply just post within that board because basically it is a "role play" board in general.
It could be generally easy to just name each individual threads that coincide with the current role play that is engaged in Shinobi Legends.

But if you're suggesting something like SLS, which all boards and sub-boards are correlated to their villages and then cataloged according their priority; mission-wise.
Then that is up to *whistles*  :twisted:

Since the discussion has started....

Having the forum work for the site, meaning, having this forum begin to incorporate more role play would be a good idea.
Luckily, the administration here that might "control" the role play will be different. ^__^

There technically can be little to no oversight (besides the staff members simply diffusing fights, etc...). But, the members could in fact simply moderate themselves and others, like what has been done with role playing for so many years.

There are many other forums which have intensive Naruto role play, SLS isn't any different. But, we have a game to maintain as well.
So, it shouldn't mean we should have a hardcore role play forum, but additions should be made to incorporate more role play on the official, the only SL forum. =)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »

I'm not suggesting something like SLS, since that already exists. But sub-board within the village square board? That could work.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 12:57:12 AM »

I'm not suggesting something like SLS, since that already exists. But sub-board within the village square board? That could work.

Strictly to what you'd like to see, please then wait for Neji's response. =)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 04:53:05 AM »

Like Ace said, it is up to Neji.

As to personal preference, I like having individual threads for RP. Within that one thread you can travel to anywhere you wish to without having to jump all over a forum site to different boards and threads.

And I also like the informal moderation between RPers too. The less rule heavy the better. Just a place to do RP as it is performed on SL but with all the benefits that Eric mentioned to begin with.

Content of RP and how things actually are played out can be as rule heavy or as rule light as the creator of each thread wishes it to be or as those who participate in that particular RP agree it should be. Everything doesn' t have to be the same, run the same, and maintained the same for each and every instance of RP. Just think of it as a house rules kind of scenario.

And no timing out when making long posts!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:55:48 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.