Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The option to swap kg's/resets  (Read 8276 times)

Thecurse

• Lets brush our cares away!
    • View Profile
The option to swap kg's/resets
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »

I wish to discuss the issue of not being able to swap an earned reset for another (Or to transfer it to an already present category). I feel that via petition, a person should be able to request a reset swap.  Though there should be limits or conditions set to prevent this becoming from becoming a novelty.  One thought of mine was to limit the transference of a kg to only being able to do it once, maybe twice, per character; if of course the conditions are met.
I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took a slap to the face and woke up >>....dragons AREN'T real.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: The option to swap kg's/resets
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:34:30 AM »

No, picking KG should be done with care. So, if you picked one and now no longer want it then make a new character or say it's something else in RP. However, the latter option won't be accepted by every body.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:38 AM »

I also have to agree. Though I'm more so lenient on the factor of one accidentally choosing a wrong reborn, by clicking the Yes button without realizing. Though for say if one had been reset-ed into e.x. Grand Master of the Uchiha there is not in any fair chance for them to simply switch to Grand Master of the Hyuuga as we all know the difference in leveling wise is grand. This causes much confusion and more so disturbance to the mods and neji as a new trend can come along in which one can simply use the fastest leveling resets to just end up switching them without worrying about their desired resets effect on leveling.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »

Although it does suck not being able to test what each KG is like beforehand, it has been brought up before and the answer thus far has been no. You can check these prior threads for all the ideas tossed around/the verdicts and conclusions of each discussion.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,6917.msg202605.html#msg202605

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,6817.0.html

It's a bit of reading up to do, but it has some other peoples' ideas and opinions brought up in regards to switching or swapping KG. One way to experience all the different KG in the forest would be to just make new alts (if you're patient enough) or buy already reset accounts.

Thecurse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »

No, picking KG should be done with care. So, if you picked one and now no longer want it then make a new character or say it's something else in RP. However, the latter option won't be accepted by every body.

I agree with you on resets being done with more care. But I still feel being trapped with a reset can sometimes hinder a character in-game more than aid them,  and I for one feel that there should be measures in place for such. What if we were able to drop a reset and gain 40 DK's? would that seem more fair?
I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took a slap to the face and woke up >>....dragons AREN'T real.

Thecurse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »

I also have to agree. Though I'm more so lenient on the factor of one accidentally choosing a wrong reborn, by clicking the Yes button without realizing. Though for say if one had been reset-ed into e.x. Grand Master of the Uchiha there is not in any fair chance for them to simply switch to Grand Master of the Hyuuga as we all know the difference in leveling wise is grand. This causes much confusion and more so disturbance to the mods and neji as a new trend can come along in which one can simply use the fastest leveling resets to just end up switching them without worrying about their desired resets effect on leveling.

Again, I completely agree with you. Swapping out a advanced or maxed category was the furthest from my mind. I was thinking more on swapping 1 (possibly 2) resets.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »

I agree with you on resets being done with more care. But I still feel being trapped with a reset can sometimes hinder a character in-game more than aid them,  and I for one feel that there should be measures in place for such. What if we were able to drop a reset and gain 40 DK's? would that seem more fair?
Anything can be deemed fair, if you're willing to shell out a few bucks. Such is the way of the internet.

Thecurse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »

Although it does suck not being able to test what each KG is like beforehand, it has been brought up before and the answer thus far has been no. You can check these prior threads for all the ideas tossed around/the verdicts and conclusions of each discussion.

It's a bit of reading up to do, but it has some other peoples' ideas and opinions brought up in regards to switching or swapping KG. One way to experience all the different KG in the forest would be to just make new alts (if you're patient enough) or buy already reset accounts.

My favorite idea of the links was the one where Zenaku suggested 10k DP to be the minimum cost to switch a KG. That seems fair.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »

My favorite idea of the links was the one where Zenaku suggested 10k DP to be the minimum cost to switch a KG. That seems fair.

Now, see that I agree with because not every one has that much.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »

Well now that we have this discussion going on about the Rinnegan in light of the new developments in the manga, it might be nice to re-do your rests cause otherwise people are gonna get screwed on something they though and planned out in good faith that has suddenly been or is in the making of being made, null and void.

And I see THAT as quite an unfair problem to though who put their resets into rinnegan in good faith that they would be able to use it in a legit fashion.

Now anyone who does not follow a specific set of rules and rests and DNA combos is just going to have their RP voided by people who object to them?

I think this is going to create a huge fiasco.

I think re-do on resets should be implemented.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 12:00:16 AM »

Well now that we have this discussion going on about the Rinnegan in light of the new developments in the manga, it might be nice to re-do your rests cause otherwise people are gonna get screwed on something they though and planned out in good faith that has suddenly been or is in the making of being made, null and void.

And I see THAT as quite an unfair problem to though who put their resets into rinnegan in good faith that they would be able to use it in a legit fashion.

Now anyone who does not follow a specific set of rules and rests and DNA combos is just going to have their RP voided by people who object to them?

It would necessarily make things legit. Yumei's one alt has Ice Release. So he is gonna change that in game and suddenly his character is going to stop being a Yuki clan member? Or lose ice release and gain wood release magically? It wouldn't really make sense.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »

Resets on KG, in my opinoin, should be a no-no. Further capitalization needed to make my stance clear I believe.

10K DP can, with time, be accumulated, and can be relatively quickly achieved with Master resets in particularly Uchiha. If it's bought... Fair enough, you paid your price literally.

Swapping even one reset voids out the warning that Neji puts everytime you reset, and even in the wiki. If you get to the time of reset, choose it carefully. And carefully would no longer apply if swapping KG is implemented.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Thecurse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »

Now, see that I agree with because not every one has that much.

Agreed.

Thecurse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

It would necessarily make things legit. Yumei's one alt has Ice Release. So he is gonna change that in game and suddenly his character is going to stop being a Yuki clan member? Or lose ice release and gain wood release magically? It wouldn't really make sense.

Well like you said it would make things legit. People generally can swap out kgs already, atleast this way there would be a proper way of doing it with a hefty price set so as to prevent it from being done as much as it's done now.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 05:18:00 AM »

Hm...

I suggest creating a shop where one is able to forget a technique or such (details can be worked out later of course).
I would have said pay X amount of points to forget a technique, but seems a bit simplistic.

Training to forget, not something new at all. A shop dedicated for one of SL's core features, seems to be worth it.

Easy for me to simply shoot down the idea and say "no" like previous people have, and it can also be easy to
offer up a new approach like others already have. If members speak up and think they would like something along the lines of what is being purposed,
then we should entertain the idea. If members find this to be trivial, lets focus on other issues, no problem- speak up though. :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:19:17 AM by Ace »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.