Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 37518 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Challenging for canon items
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:33 PM »

This has come up several times with people noting "we need to make a topic about this" but never actually doing it. So I decided to do it. What is the general opinion right now, regarding this? Should all canon items be able to be challenged for just like a bijuu? 7 swordsmen swords, the Mazo, etc. Should people be to challenge for anything claimed? Summons and jutsu as well? My opinion regarding it is that it should be just objects, not techniques, that are able to be challenged for. I think it might be a bit too hectic if you could challenge for anything. I certainly don't mind defending the Kusanagi and Samehada and it would certainly benefit me if I could challenge for items currently being hidden away, like the Gedo Mazo and the Totsuka Sword. This is how I see it right now

Pros: Encourages more rp. Makes sure people will not just claim things for the sake of having something claimed and then never using it. Things will not be removed from rp on the whims of several or even one person.

Cons: Bocchiere is gonna get every powerful object and people are going to whine about how skilled and handsome he is.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:31:01 PM by bocchiere »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »

Items and Weapons such as the Seven Swordsmen Swords and etc? Yes.

Justus? No and here's why:

If people just kept winning and winning the more "unique" technique from the other person then the Jutsu would lose it's meaning and uniqueness instantly before we know it. Also, you can't really "claim" a Jutsu through battle, it's only the person who is able to perform the more "unique" technique who can learn you the Jutsu through training. You don't see Genma Shiranui or any of Minato's guards providing the secrets of the Flying Thunder God Technique away to everyone. EVEN Tsunade, the Godaime Hokage or Naruto who is Minato's son. Hiraishin should remain unique and it should remain remain unique still. So if the person dies whilst he/her hadn't learned anyone the "unique" Jutsu he/her desires, then the Jutsu will go lost forever. In other words, no one will ever be able to learn the said Technique he/she desires. EVER. No exception.

Weapons/Items should be claimed through battle or OOC crap. The Seven Swordsmen's weapons in the canon series has been used by people who are not even members of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist (Kakashi, Killer Bee). It should only be fair to claim a canon weapon such as the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist's swords or the Sage of Six Path's treasured tools. Self-created weapons however, should not be claimed through battle or OOC crap without the creator's permission.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:12:35 AM by Seiya Hatake »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »

I agree, and this is only a question of challenging for canon items, as those tend to be the most powerful.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »

Weapons and objects like Totsuka blade, in my opinion should indeed be able to be challenged for. Bocc's reasoning in the Pro section of his post is my reason for this as it is a bit unfair for a person to claim something then never RP, effectively locking the object away forever. No matter how I look at the scenario, it's unfair. If you're going to claim something be ready to defend it in RP, otherwise simply pass it on to someone who will.

As for techniques, I don't think simply battling for it would cut it, unless the user agrees to it. Simply putting the smack down on someone for it wouldn't make sense in RP, unless you take the body and poke at its brain or something similar for the jutsu. I sure wouldn't want to teach someone something if they kick my butt in a brawl XD Jokes aside, techniques, summons, etc should simply be up to the user's discretion.
Lol I'm hungry.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »

Weapons and objects like Totsuka blade, in my opinion should indeed be able to be challenged for. Bocc's reasoning in the Pro section of his post is my reason for this as it is a bit unfair for a person to claim something then never RP, effectively locking the object away forever. No matter how I look at the scenario, it's unfair. If you're going to claim something be ready to defend it in RP, otherwise simply pass it on to someone who will.

As for techniques, I don't think simply battling for it would cut it, unless the user agrees to it. Simply putting the smack down on someone for it wouldn't make sense in RP, unless you take the body and poke at its brain or something similar for the jutsu. I sure wouldn't want to teach someone something if they kick my butt in a brawl XD Jokes aside, techniques, summons, etc should simply be up to the user's discretion.

^ This. People such as Mioku or Ranketsu are barely RolePlaying and yet they claim the Sword of Totsuka and a sword from the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. If you claim a weapon that you are supposed to be using in ROLEPLAY then prepare yourself 'cause other people might be desiring the weapon you possess.

I also agree with some of Tsuyo's opinion with regards to Technique claiming. It's the person who can perform the said technique's choice if he/she is in the mood to teach the person a "unique" technique he/she desires. Battle doesn't count, training with the person who can perform the more "unique" technique counts.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »

Mioku does have the Totsuka sword however Ranketsu does not have a SSM blade, not all the seated swordsmen have a sword, this is the list of sword owners.
Kubikiri Bōchō - Rakudo
Samehada - Bocchiere
Hiramekarei - Rakudo
Kiba - Rakudo
Kabutowari - Umioso
Nuibari - Mioku
Shibuki - Enishi

I have kinda wanted to make a point about Mioku specifically but have never really bothered. He is locking away not only the Totsuka sword, which he openly claims to have merely so it cannot be "abused", but Nuibari as well, since he does not rp at all as far as I know. It's nothing against Mioku, he is a nice enough guy, but I don't like anyone locking things away because they can. Either on purpose or through their inactivity.

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 01:44:28 AM »

I think that Weapons and items like the SSM sword should be able to be challenged, but what would happen if the owner of one went inactive for too long? Would it be anyone could just claim it or would it be like a little competition?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:17:24 AM by Styx »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »

Sounds like a fair system when it comes to canon items.

And isn't the Sword of Totsuka a canon Susanoo item? If so, then it should exist in it's canon form and go to whoever manages to claim it first that have unlocked Susanoo in at least it's complete form (second form, which is usually regarded to be unlocked by GM Uchiha). Same goes for it's counterpart, the Yata Mirror, which has been rightfully claimed by Yumei's Gaiaku. So the race for it's claim should be on.

*claims*

I'm kidding on that claim part, since I already have two custom Susanoo items.

On another note, canon summoning contracts would make people be a bit hasty left and right. I wouldn't worry about Toads/Frogs, since it's an implemented in-game summon/reset, which means it cannot be claimed.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:19 AM »

Well alright, that's like most of SL, guess it's an official rule now.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:20 AM »

To be honest, I never understood how Mioku could claim the Totsuka blade without a susano'o...Also, would the object be in someone's eye or....I've no idea x.x
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »

I asked him once and he told me he had a perfectly fair way for a regular human to use it. So maybe he can just summon up a human sized Totsuka Sword.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »

All items should be able to be able to be challenged for imo, both canon and custom, as I have witnessed custom tools that have far more menacing descriptions than canon ones.

And what's this madness? Even were this to be implemented, people always will just go inactive if, after all, no one can strip it from them if they are never challengable.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:04 AM »

All items should be able to be able to be challenged for imo, both canon and custom, as I have witnessed custom tools that have far more menacing descriptions than canon ones.

And what's this madness? Even were this to be implemented, people always will just go inactive if, after all, no one can strip it from them if they are never challengable.

Then perhaps the community could make a rule about going inactive without prior notice or something. If you're inactive for over 30 days, your claimed items could be up for grabs. Would make things fair, and keep the items in RP as well, unless someone has a better idea, or a different opinion.
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »

Like I said, it would be like bijuu challenges. If you refuse the challenge for no reason or are too inactive to defend then you get stripped.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:59 AM »

Like I said, it would be like bijuu challenges. If you refuse the challenge for no reason or are too inactive to defend then you get stripped.

And we make sure they are stripped and are illegimate users... how now? There are nine bijuu, but there are countless items in the SL world. When I was coming up, I was giving some advice; get a companion and get a custom tool. I"m sure that hasn't changed much for anyone who sticks around SL for very long.

So how do we make sure that they don't use it any longer? A council and scorn probably won't be enough for this one imo.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.