Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Obtainable Biju  (Read 9089 times)

Shuichi

• View Profile
Obtainable Biju
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:15:05 AM »

Just a thought, but I think it would be really cool to be able to be a jinchuriki, either obtained at a certain oro kill count, by buying it with many many gems/gold, or by one or multiple resets, each allowing you to use more of its potential. Also if added it should make mastery of your chakra harder like Naruto and potentially self harming, similar to kyuubi 4 tails. I think this would be a nice addition to the game, and if added I would spend all my gold/gems/DP and Oro kills to obtain it without hesitation, or if it is made into an event I will hope to be lucky. Just my opinion, feel free to agree/disagree.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:55:13 AM by Shuichi »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Obtainable Biju
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:48:53 AM »

Nek minnit 50+ jinchuuriki for the same bijuu.

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »

I feel like it would be cool to be able to choose to be a Jinchuriki with similar stats/buffs as a KG, and you wouldn't have to wait forever to find the Kyuubi or have it locked before 50 Oro kills. I would also suggest at least a few more Biju in the Stables, ranging from rare to very rare like the Kyuubi.

But for the sake of realism, I do not forsee myself wanting a full path in Uchiha, Gates, Hyouton, Sage, and having/being a Jinchuriki. I guess I would prefer to only have one KG, and preferably as Kyuubi reset instead of an Uchiha or anything else.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 04:04:51 AM »

It'd be nice to have more mounts.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:41:47 AM »

I would have to agree with Angra; more mounts would be nice.

As for obtaining bijuu in-game I do not care too much for the idea (mainly due to whatever RP shitshow it may one day lead to). It would probably be easier to code them in as special mounts or something, however having them as an additional power up on top of the various KG that are offered to us is a bit of an overkill. The topic of mounts has already been discussed before, but nothing really came of it since Neji needed more concrete suggestions and fleshed out ideas.

Plus it would ruin the specialness of being a jinchuuriki. Sure, we have a buttload of Uchiha and Kaguya running around, but they're a whole clan of people and we're stretching the canon a bit. A jinchuuriki is a single person and there is only ever 1 of each bijuu at a time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:51:56 AM by Omega Purple »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »

It'd be much easier to modify an existing module (in this case, a particular mount like Shukaku) to implement all of the other bijuu as purchasable mounts, than to create a comparatively-different module from just about scratch (could probably use parts of the companion module, although having virtually 'infinite' chakra'll be a pain in both constructing and morally-handling).

Better stick to something short and sweet, than something entirely bittersweet.

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 07:56:15 PM »

Well, I agree with you that it would ruin the specialness of being a Jinchuriki, but it has already been like that. People can not only be thousands of Uchiha, a clan with supposedly only one survivor, but have each other KG at the same time, and have Shukaku and Kyuubi as mount. If everyone already is able to have the kyuubi in game, I wouldn't say that there is much uniqueness to it. The same applies to the KG's. They are special, but not unique when everyone has them.

But I never suggested having multiple KG's and being a Jinchuriki. I would prefer if it was one or the other. For example, you branch one way or the other at 80 Oro kills to choose to continue, reset with a KG, or have a Jinchuriki sealed inside you. Then with each further reset you slowly obtain more and more power. And for those who truly want to be a Jinchuriki it would require sacrafice and hard work. For example, one reset would give you the power to unlock one tail kyuubi, and nine resets would give you the full power of a Jinchuriki.

Basically, I suggest Jinchuriki as a viable option alongside the KG's, but still requiring sacrifice and dedication to obtain while not being too OP. And despite the power of a Biju, Akatsuki has still managed to not only defeat them but capture them alive. Not all Biju are OP, and even then they could be set at a similar strength level as compared to the other KG's. This is also how other KG's in the game are as well, ignoring the difference in power between say Byakugan and Sharingan in the anime.

I haven't really heard anyone say that the Byakugan/Sharingan/Kaguya/Gates/etc. are special and should not be included. Despite thinking about how it wouldn't be special anymore, the same argument could be made about all other KG's that everyone can play and RP with. Just because the kyuubi can be RP'd with doesn't mean people will. The same applies to people who like to zone but do not use certain KG traits as they are OP.

If this was made into an alternative to KG and balanced out as the other KG's are, I believe it would be acceptable and refute any arguments about being OP, not special, and etc. I just really don't like the argument that it would not be special because the same can be said about being able to have many mounts, techniques, powers, and etc. that would be completely impossible realistically and is already no longer "special" as it is now.

Unless you want to suggest that you amp up each KG a fair amount and then restrict it to one KG per person for RP purposes, I would be fine with that instead.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

The kyuubi (not the red one, the legit fox) only appears in the stables when you're some freaky level of Daimyo.

Regarding the bijuu has an option for in-game... Well, being Uchiha isn't really special anymore, and Rinnegan bearing will probably get to that point too. Implementing the bijuu as additional mounts, similar to Shikaku and Matabi (1 tail 2 tail respectively) would probably be easier, since both of those already are in the game, and the other bijuu can be built up on them. Kyuubi can stay where it is as the 'end' bar for the bijuu mounts.

Making the bijuu full on jinckurii status would be tricky, but if it were to be done, having that as an alternative to any other reset sounds reasonable, borderline reminiscent extreme.

My ten cents.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:30:35 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »

Implement them as rare mounts. A buff for Shukaku and Matatabi/Neko would be in order for something like that too, since in comparison, Pakkun might as well be considered a Bijuu too. :o

But in the RP perspective, SL is a different universe than the canon one. So certain events like the Uchiha Massacre, Kaguya Clan Extinction, etc never happened.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »

Though it is beating a dead horse, if bijuu were implemented I would prefer to see them as obtainable special mounts as opposed to integrating them into our actual character. I understand that our universe is different from the canon, but what I was trying to get at is that though while there are some who won't abuse it rp-wise, there are some who probably would. It could potentially get tricky.

Though if Neji did go through with adding this in (I did misread your second post where you mentioned just having it as a completely separate option), how would it be offered? Would you only have the option of picking the 9 tails, or would you be given the option of picking any of the 9 bijuu?

In the past when it came to Rin'negan and Sage mode, the idea was tossed around that if you pick it, you wouldn't be able to get other KG since it was intended to be super powerful but that idea was scrapped. That resulted in people having at least 1 option from each of the categories. If you picked the bijuu option, it would make sense to limit it but then people who already have had resets would have leftovers (assuming they have more than 9 stacks). What would happen to those resets?

Haha, I feel like I'm asking a lot of questions without giving any answers. :P

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 11:53:46 PM »

Hell no. We got the Kyūbi, Shukaku and Matatabi and these are the only Bijūs we require for our satisfaction in our leveling.

Besides, the more Beasts added, the more waiting days we have to await on being able to buy that stupid Kyūbi. And on top of that, if Neji installs more Beasts into the game then people would go overboard with this that they'll eventually request for the Gedō Mazō and/or the Jūbi non-stop to Neji in the same fashion as they did with the Rinnegan.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:11:53 AM by Seiya Namikaze »

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 12:19:57 AM »

Well, it would be the same situation as the people who are fully maxed on their KG's. If a person plays long enough, they will fully max their KG slots regardless of whether it was a [Uchiha + Kaguya + Hyouton + Rinnegan] or the suggested Kyuubi 9 stacks. It's just a matter of time before everyone has "leftovers" provided they have the time, play the game, and are not a sitter.

My honest opinion though, is that the Kyuubi could either be turned into a select KG and treated as such, possibly with each new tail/reset requiring a higher Oro kill count, or that you can't just be an Uchiha and Kaguya and Hyouton and Rinnegan and have the curse seal/sst and have a biju as a mount. Personally I think it's a bit much. I also didn't want to implement this for leveling purposes, but more of a 1) more biju influence on gameplay, and 2) for a little more realism. It might even be good if the implementation makes leveling harder because it makes it hard to control chakra (like Naruto when learning various techniques, including walking on water). It would be interesting, fun, and challenging to have the biju be treated as a select KG or mount, which has it's downsides including but not limited to increased exp requirements for leveling, negative influence on chakra control/usage, side effects to hp and/or max health, and etc.

I like the idea of more mounts, or at least revision of them. Maybe amp up the Kyuubi/Shukaku but make it so you can only have it if you don't already have a KG or a particular KG. And I think that for being a very large portion of the Naruto world, the Biju should have at least a little more affect on game play and at least a little more a part of the game. Even the Kaguya which had only made a brief appearance in the anime is much more a part of the game currently than the 9 biju that most of the plot in Naruto is centered around currently.

Basically, I would like the biju to be more of an influence in the game than it is now. This is my opinion and a request. It is not up for me to decide how the game should run, or how to implement it, but this is what I think what make the game better and more interesting and fun.
Whether it is treated as a KG, limited, only achievable at a certain place/time, or an improvement of the current mount system, I would like to see more biju influence on game play.  Even forest events would be a nice addition as well.

Again, feel free to agree or disagree. In the end, this is everyone else's game too.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 12:32:23 AM »

Well, it would be the same situation as the people who are fully maxed on their KG's. If a person plays long enough, they will fully max their KG slots regardless of whether it was a [Uchiha + Kaguya + Hyouton + Rinnegan] or the suggested Kyuubi 9 stacks. It's just a matter of time before everyone has "leftovers" provided they have the time, play the game, and are not a sitter.

My honest opinion though, is that the Kyuubi could either be turned into a select KG and treated as such, possibly with each new tail/reset requiring a higher Oro kill count, or that you can't just be an Uchiha and Kaguya and Hyouton and Rinnegan and have the curse seal/sst and have a biju as a mount. Personally I think it's a bit much. I also didn't want to implement this for leveling purposes, but more of a 1) more biju influence on gameplay, and 2) for a little more realism. It might even be good if the implementation makes leveling harder because it makes it hard to control chakra (like Naruto when learning various techniques, including walking on water). It would be interesting, fun, and challenging to have the biju be treated as a select KG or mount, which has it's downsides including but not limited to increased exp requirements for leveling, negative influence on chakra control/usage, side effects to hp and/or max health, and etc.

I like the idea of more mounts, or at least revision of them. Maybe amp up the Kyuubi/Shukaku but make it so you can only have it if you don't already have a KG or a particular KG. And I think that for being a very large portion of the Naruto world, the Biju should have at least a little more affect on game play and at least a little more a part of the game. Even the Kaguya which had only made a brief appearance in the anime is much more a part of the game currently than the 9 biju that most of the plot in Naruto is centered around currently.

Basically, I would like the biju to be more of an influence in the game than it is now. This is my opinion and a request. It is not up for me to decide how the game should run, or how to implement it, but this is what I think what make the game better and more interesting and fun.
Whether it is treated as a KG, limited, only achievable at a certain place/time, or an improvement of the current mount system, I would like to see more biju influence on game play.  Even forest events would be a nice addition as well.

Again, feel free to agree or disagree. In the end, this is everyone else's game too.

Once again, no. People will eventually grow tired of the game in the end. I don't know who will, but I will since I have a limit of playing the same game over and over again. It will be like playing Street Fighter II and/or Final Fantasy IV whilst having completed the game more than once.

16 Resets is the absolute limit for me and several others I assume. Once you attain 16 Resets, you go directly at becoming the best of the best in SL. Tailed Beasts should be treated as mounts, no new Tailed Beasts shall get added into the game as it is tedious to wait for the Nine-Tails to arrive just as much as it was for me to get Pakkun for the first time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:36:39 AM by Seiya Namikaze »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »

The Kyuubi currently has a 2% chance to show up in the stables, I do not believe that this rate is affected by the rates of other mounts, given that almost all of the mounts can potentially show up in the stables on the same game day, while on others there'd only be the standard Gama's And Ton-Ton.

Unless my gaming experience has been a lie.

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »

Well, so far the idea looks like a no-go.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 15 queries.