Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Nathan as Gamemaster/GM.  (Read 20222 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Nathan as Gamemaster/GM.
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:21:37 AM »

1.   How young or old must a person be to comprehend the responsibilities of GameMaster?
      If none, please specify why an age limit is then not required.

2.   You notice a new member who is confused. The member, unknowingly, becomes bothersome when asking others too many questions.
      What would you do (minimum 60 words)?

3.   You notice some members breaking the rules, spamming, etc… How would you go about addressing this matter (30 words or more)?

4.   A character with a higher “rank” decides to take command and causes others’ fun to lessen. What would you do?

5.   A moderator disagrees with an action you have taken. The moderator treats you like any other member, as he/she should. How do you proceed when confronted (60 words or more)?

6.   You notice some members on the verge of starting a fight in the village or some public arena, what would be your action (also take into account another situation where the fight is occurring into your answer- 60 words or more)?

7.   The Staff of ShinobiLegends are members of the game, like all others, and although you are volunteering your time for this position, what should the others expect from you (minimum 60 words)?

8.   What do you think should be at the forefront of your “agenda” when role playing as a GameMaster?

9.   What rules should GameMasters adhere to and what do you think might result in removal of the GameMaster ability- does not have to directly be about rule breaking (60 words or more)?

10. Provided that you have broken the rules or have decided to get into an altercation with another staff member in the public, what consequences do you think you might receive (30 words or more)?

11. You see someone chatting  out of character (OOC) in a village. The role play that is occurring is off and on. What would you do? Are any rules broken? What would you do to handle any problems that arise between those in character (IC) and those OOC?

12. One group decides to role play in the village, and another group of people also decide to role play separately in the same village as well. Again, this is against the rules? What would you do to calm any problems that might arise?

13. GameMasters should try to encourage others to join role playing as well, not just attend to those already role playing. What are some ideas you have to encourage overall role play, and secondly, what ideas do you have to encourage new members to join in (of course, some may not simply not want to role play and that should be respected)?

14.   In your opinion, what is the role of a GameMaster (90 words or more)?

1. No, I do not. There are some people who, despite their age, are more mature than normal people that age and are able to comprehend different things.

2. I would direct them to the wiki and new player guide. However, I understand that both are outdated and, even if they weren't, that still might not be enough so I'd answer any questions as long as it doesn't involve game secrets and the like.

3. I'd warn them to stop and, if they didn't, contact another moderator with the ability to mute or ban people and inform them of the situation.

4. I cannot really answer due to this question not being well written. If you're asking if someone with a higher 'rank' -- as in RP rank -- were to join the RP and started acting like a jerk and purposely annoying the other players I'd tell them to ignore said player. If the player continued to ignore them I'd issue him a warning before getting another moderator with the ability to ban or mute.

5. I'd calmly have a discussion with the other moderator and attempt to get the dispute solved and, if we could not, I'd get a third party to give their opinion.

6. If it was happening within a village and was apart of the RP I'd accept it as that is allowed. If it got out of hand I'd advise taking it to the zones. If someone who wasn't participating in the battle posted then it'd also be alright since the area can be shared.

7. They shouldn't expect any thing they already don't. Just because I am now apart of the staff doesn't mean that they should treat me better than others. However, this does not mean that they can break the rules such as harassment and whatnot. So, again, no I do not think they should expect any thing from/treat me any differently.

8. Nothing. I'd RP as I normally do unless I was initiating an event to spark RP activity. In that case I'd RP more as NPC for the event.

9. Gamemasters, like every one else, should follow the regular rules but, at the same time, also try not to be biased towards any party. If you cannot judge an RP fight or RP an event without being biased towards one party then they should not be a GM.

10. I should receive the same punishment as every one else but, if I continued, I should be revoked of my GM position/powers since the first punishment was my warning.

11. If the RP is on and off then the OOC isn't that bad. It can always be overlooked and, if need be, deleted. Not only that, but sometimes OOC can help settle a dispute faster than just PMing the participants one on one. However, if it got out of hand I'd tell them to take it to PMs.

12. No, it is not. As I said before the villages can be shared. If any problems arise then I'd warn them and, if they continued, I'd inform them that further punishment would be issued.

13. I'd make events that involve the other players in the area to encourage them to RP. The events could vary from comedic RP to serious fighting RP.

14. In my opinion a Gamemaster's role is both initiating RP events and moderating RP. If an RP dispute arises then a GM should attempt to solve it and, if RP activity is low, then a GM should form an event to gather RPers and increase the activity. If there is a fight going on -- such as a Bijuu fight -- then a GM should moderate it if they are decided upon by both parties and not be biased. So, in short, a GMs role, to me, is both initiating and creating events and moderating RP battles and the like.

I like this guideline better but there are still some in there that are the same as the last ones but just worded differently. These are the same ones that don't really apply to a GM but, nevertheless, this guideline is much better.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:06:47 AM by Nathan »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan as Gamemaster/GM.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »

Votes Nathan for GM! Now who's with me? -Looks around to find not a soul- Athos! Get outta here!
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »

I would take you more seriously with a smaller signature picture ;)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »

I would take you more seriously with a smaller signature picture ;)

It's a troll so it's supposed to be big like that to, well, troll. >>

No, but seriously I just have no idea how to make it smaller.

Edit: Just changed it to a link.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:05:10 AM by Nathan »

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »

I vote for Nathan.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 05:49:39 AM »

Feels like he just read 15 lies >.> Nathan is far to lazy.....

For real would vote for Nathan to be GM (if my input even matters in this sort of thing).

Also, has to agree that these questions have little to do with the GM thing. It could be I am just uneducated as to what a GM is but don't they just weigh in on rp situations? (figured this was as good of a place to ask that as any) Those questions seem more like a moderator thing.... GM is Game Master I think.... unless it is a moderator position as well at a level to ban and such, stretching beyond the moderating rp disputes idea that I thought a GM did.

I would also like to add that even if Nathan is not appointed GM I think many still go off of what he has to input about stuff. I myself usually ask or debate things with him all the time. Off course going off of me always being correct I get my question answered with what I already thought and I always win the debates  :P

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:51:26 AM »

For real would vote for Nathan to be GM (if my input even matters in this sort of thing).

Also, has to agree that these questions have little to do with the GM thing. It could be I am just uneducated as to what a GM is but don't they just weigh in on rp situations? (figured this was as good of a place to ask that as any) Those questions seem more like a moderator thing.... GM is Game Master I think.... unless it is a moderator position as well at a level to ban and such, stretching beyond the moderating rp disputes idea that I thought a GM did.

I would also like to add that even if Nathan is not appointed GM I think many still go off of what he has to input about stuff. I myself usually ask or debate things with him all the time. Off course going off of me always being correct I get my question answered with what I already thought and I always win the debates  :P

We're coming up with more templates. :P
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7725.0.html

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 06:41:59 AM »

You'd be right. The questions were made back before there really were any GMs I believe.

We're coming up with more templates. :P
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7725.0.html

^ That. There should be one made for all positions.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »

So since there's already a template for Mod. Only ones left are GM and Wiki? I think Raifudo is going to do the GM one. (I hope) so the only one that needs to be claimed is Wiki. Any takers?

EDIT: Styx is willing to make the Wiki template.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:10:59 AM by Otokage ♪ Shadow »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »

So, now that a GM application has been made, do I have to redo my application?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:05 PM »

If you're aiming for that position then the answer is yes.  ;)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »

If you're aiming for that position then the answer is yes.  ;)

Damn. >>

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:07:20 AM by Nathan »

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.