Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Standard RP based guideline for SL  (Read 16202 times)

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
Standard RP based guideline for SL
« on: May 26, 2013, 03:23:54 AM »

So I'm sure this has been discussed before, either a few months back on the forum or just between you and a friend. That being said I want to bring it up publicly and try to get it set in stone. (Metaphorically)

Pete is currently researching more into it. (Shinro = Pete) However I'm not one for waiting. I'm not going to paste his work without his permission. So I'll do my own, while borrowing some of his work.

Kg. After implementing these into the game many players have held onto the in-game card. That being you have it in-game, you have it in rp. I am for this, but this has to have restrictions on it.
My list;

Kg; One per character (If a KT is not chosen you may pick two Kg)
•KT; One per character (If a Kg is not chosen you may pick two KT)
•Hijitsu; One per character
•Elemental affinities; Three allowed to be learned at different rp stages.(Genin, Jonin, Anbu) Only 2 can be mastered. All others are below par/average.
•Choice between Taijutsu or Genjutsu.
•Choice between Fuinjutsu, Medical, or Juinjutsu. (Allowed one Kinjutsu also)
Three signature ninjutsu that's available without handsigns.
•Choice of being more proficient or great in chakra capacity, sensing chakra, or chakra control. (You cannot be a chakra sensor while having a huge chakra capacity)
•Bloodline limits like Rinnegan and sharingan only limit you to master one elemental affinity.

•A note on implants: They are allowed. Only ONE per character. Also you CANNOT master an implant, they will be unpredictable and at times have sudden bursts.

This list is made to NERF your character. So don't complain saying this does that, that's the whole purpose of it. Too many people are running around with 76 Kg and shit, making rp harder to do and unfair.

Please comment on things that I might have not listed or anything you see as unfair. This is just my opinion on how the guidelines of rp on SL should be.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:33:30 AM by Otokage ♪ Shadow »
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Standard RP based guideline for SL
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 04:08:49 AM »

Already switched to this system awhile ago, so I support it after I nerfed myself from a few things. I approve.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 04:31:08 AM »

Inb4 "Why are there sooo many rules!?!? SL used to be so much fun when there wasn't any, etc."

I agree with this. While some people may disagree with this, we can start here....this is a nice foundation to start from.

The resets shouldn't make the man, but the man himself. (Or woman)

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 04:43:48 AM »

Although I feel as though anyone I know who RPed follows this guideline, something I've brought up with Shadow, I will know bring up with the public eye.

The use of Hachimon(The Eight Gates). I don't believe this, or ever have, to be a KG, therefore I don't think it should count against the two KG, one KG/KT, rule that is placed here and such.

I think this because if you really look at everything in the Manga/Anime, sure gates is a nice boost, but my late Shippuden, it was kinda just like; Oh nice, you can move a bit faster.

Now don't ask what I think it should be, because I still with the original 'Kinjutsu' idea, but as for counting it as a KG, I disagree completely.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 05:22:40 AM »

Jashinism isn't hard to counter. A simple 'slice' of a body part and it's disconnected, they can't reconnect themselves. With decapitating their heads, you've stopped them completely, their body can't move afterwards.

Jashinism may let people get stabbed, shanked, and even blown up and live, but honestly, I think that with such obvious weaknesses, it's more fair than things the Sharingan can do, but that's a place I don't want to step on right now.

Jiongu, what exactly is wrong with that? A person can easily get a Rinnegan, or implant a Rinnegan, and get all five elements. So where exactly do you put people in the wrong for putting hearts in to do it that way? The only bonus would be the strings and the chakra boost.

But who really, honestly, limits themselves chakra usage wise on SL? If there are any that exist anymore, I fail to see them.

And exceeding his or her peers? I do not mean this as an attack or argument, but I think that when someone excels the other, what they have skill wise, KG-wise, and everything else wise doesn't decide that.

There are no skies to bring them out of with the skies so far up with things that include Uchiha, Senju, ect.

But that's what I think, I'm sure there is someone who would argue with me, arm and leg.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 05:37:19 AM »

So where is the dictionary, becuase some of these could have various definitions. For example, the whole KG-KT thing is a little confusing (you can have 2 KG if no KT is chosen, but you can have 1 KT and 1 KG if one is chosen? O_o).

Secondly, juinjutsu and fuinjutsu go hand in hand. You can't master juinjutsu without knowing fuinjutsu, as juinjutsu is based off of fuinjutsu. Curse "seals" require the knowledge of "sealing" one's will and all that good stuff.

Thirdly, genjutsu vs taijutsu will probably lead to further death of genjutsu. Cause seriously, if it comes down to moving faster and hitting harder against using an illusion some guy will cancel with the batting of an eye, then I think taijutsu would be the obvious choice... (unless you get creative with genjutsu usage...)

The inability to master implant is absolutely ridiculous. Just count it as one of the KG or whatever and it'll be just fine. That'll make getting an implant less of a loophole, and people won't get another implant just to get around the KG-KT rule or the elemental affinity restrictions.

What is considered "signature" ninjutsu? I have alot of ninjutsu, though just the budging of my shadow kind of gets people on edge sometimes. xD

Unless you start getting number values for these things, you are not going to be able to judge the difference between someone really good at chakra and someone who has alot of chakra (sage mode I guess being the exception... but then there is still gray area...)

If you are going to make restrictions like this, once and for all, publicly eliminate the 'have it in-game, have it in RP' philosophy, meaning if we have restrictions on what our in-game stuff can give us in the first place, then why bother linking the two together in the first place?

And when you refer to '1 hiden (dunno where you get hijutsu from...)', I hope you mean sets within those secret traditions, because I still have a large arsenal of Nara techniques, both custom and canonical. Some are a little overpowered compared to what the Nara in the series do, but I don't see the Yamanaka running around taking over people's minds and reversing Koto... Oh wait...

So, aside from me being slightly dueche', I can't help but note that making something like this might be hard to implement in actual practice. Maybe not superbly hard as I'm sure plenty are sick of the OPness, but some of these do clash. For example, Rinnegan resets only allowing for the mastery of one elemental affinity directly clashes with one of the powers so granted by the dojutsu itself.

Regarding Jashinist Immortality and Earth Grudge. I personally do not believe they are gode mode; Bocc was exceptional in its usage and that rubbed some sandpaper over skin. But in the later stages, Bocc used more Rinnegan-Uchiha than his jashinist curse technique. His inability to die was a nuisance, but he could still be sealed, chopped to pieces, soul robbed, etc. Earth Grudge could just have a max heart limit, though what that would entail is subject of debate.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:46:00 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 05:40:14 AM »

I agree with most of these rules, but the hard part about doing anything like this is trying to get....MOST of SL to see them and agree to them.

I still think they need to be a bit more expansive (I am an advocate for forum-type rules on SL, we need a bit more order to our chaos xD) but it's good so far.

And Hazama, I believe Kay was saying (she can correct me if I'm wrong here)  that the people who HAVE Jiongu have so many things already that it is overwhelming to have Jiongu on top of that.  In your case, it would be having Jashinist immortality and Jiongu at the same time that makes you a bit overwhelming for what I think we're trying to get everyone's powers down to.

I'm all for players being nerfed down so they have to 'specialize' in things instead of becoming 'all-around' powerhouses like what happens now. (I have  been guilty of this as well, I know.)

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 06:02:07 AM »

So where is the dictionary, becuase some of these could have various definitions. For example, the whole KG-KT thing is a little confusing (you can have 2 KG if no KT is chosen, but you can have 1 KT and 1 KG if one is chosen? O_o).

Secondly, juinjutsu and fuinjutsu go hand in hand. You can't master juinjutsu without knowing fuinjutsu, as juinjutsu is based off of fuinjutsu. Curse "seals" require the knowledge of "sealing" one's will and all that good stuff.

Thirdly, genjutsu vs taijutsu will probably lead to further death of genjutsu. Cause seriously, if it comes down to moving faster and hitting harder against using an illusion some guy will cancel with the batting of an eye, then I think taijutsu would be the obvious choice... (unless you get creative with genjutsu usage...)

The inability to master implant is absolutely ridiculous. Just count it as one of the KG or whatever and it'll be just fine. That'll make getting an implant less of a loophole, and people won't get another implant just to get around the KG-KT rule or the elemental affinity restrictions.

What is considered "signature" ninjutsu? I have alot of ninjutsu, though just the budging of my shadow kind of gets people on edge sometimes. xD

Unless you start getting number values for these things, you are not going to be able to judge the difference between someone really good at chakra and someone who has alot of chakra (sage mode I guess being the exception... but then there is still gray area...)

If you are going to make restrictions like this, once and for all, publicly eliminate the 'have it in-game, have it in RP' philosophy, meaning if we have restrictions on what our in-game stuff can give us in the first place, then why bother linking the two together in the first place?

And when you refer to '1 hiden (dunno where you get hijutsu from...)', I hope you mean sets within those secret traditions, because I still have a large arsenal of Nara techniques, both custom and canonical. Some are a little overpowered compared to what the Nara in the series do, but I don't see the Yamanaka running around taking over people's minds and reversing Koto... Oh wait...

So, aside from me being slightly dueche', I can't help but note that making something like this might be hard to implement in actual practice. Maybe not superbly hard as I'm sure plenty are sick of the OPness, but some of these do clash. For example, Rinnegan resets only allowing for the mastery of one elemental affinity directly clashes with one of the powers so granted by the dojutsu itself.

Regarding Jashinist Immortality and Earth Grudge. I personally do not believe they are gode mode; Bocc was exceptional in its usage and that rubbed some sandpaper over skin. But in the later stages, Bocc used more Rinnegan-Uchiha than his jashinist curse technique. His inability to die was a nuisance, but he could still be sealed, chopped to pieces, soul robbed, etc. Earth Grudge could just have a max heart limit, though what that would entail is subject of debate.

I've agree mainly with what Eric says, seeing as he used more detail than I did personally.
At the end I bolded that for the fact that, I know it's not the main focus of the debate, but it's a great point to be made.

And Hazama, I believe Kay was saying (she can correct me if I'm wrong here)  that the people who HAVE Jiongu have so many things already that it is overwhelming to have Jiongu on top of that.  In your case, it would be having Jashinist immortality and Jiongu at the same time that makes you a bit overwhelming for what I think we're trying to get everyone's powers down to.

I'll say to refer to what Eric said, and also toss out there that I'm no longer both Jashinist, and Jiongu at the moment. How likely that is to change in the future all depends on the way my own personal RP goes.

But regardless of whether I had both or not, each or more than fairly easy to counter, even when used together.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

Gets asked RP questions and whatnot frequently but doesn't contribute to the topic at hand.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »

Seems agreeable, for the most part. Just eliminate tailed beasts and Jinjuriki so you won't create a power struggle and unnecessary fighting. Having a few selected people with this kind of power slightly bends on what these rules set out to do.

This is my view and is a reason why I don't RP on SL but a question for the people here. What do people thing should be done with tailed beasts and Jinuriki if you want to create a more RP friendly community?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »

Yeah. I see this whole thread as the Weaker people of SL, trying to Nerf the stronger of us. Problem with us having too much power? Too damn bad, not our faults you won't put in the time to gain strength. The Bijuu thing and the removal of them sounded Derpy BTW. I've seen this topic brought up before, and shot it down, like I will now. There is no point to it, other than to nerf strong people down to the more than humble levels of the weaklings.

To conclude, I simply say changing a system of Rp held for more than half of a decade isn't going to fly with the veterans, especially considering that most of the veterans will be affected by this 'Movement'.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »

Oh boy, made an account just for this topic. This seemed like a pretty big deal compared to the other arguments and discussions that I had no desire to be a part of, so here I am. Anyway, the short story of my opinion is, in the end, will this really effect anything? People desire for nerfs to the power one person can have to make it more fair for everyone else but I argue that the people who want to fully reset and get all these powers are going to figure out a way to be as strong as humanly possible within any given set of rules. Let me give an example.

Let's say we just nerf nuked the game, no KG, no elemental jutsu, the only things you can use are Shuriken, Kunai, a sword of some variety, and Kage Bunshin. Well people are going to figure out that having as much chakra as humanly possible and there for being able to make more clones than anyone else is going to make you stronger than the average bear.

Ok let's get rid of jutsu entirely then, you can only fight with swords or hand to hand combat. Alright well if I have a 15 foot buster sword that is going to let me smack around anyone with a smaller sword fairly easily.

Ok no swords, hand to hand only, well if I have Krav Maga I'm going to be able to kick the ass of anyone using Karate so.. you see what I mean? It doesn't ever end.

Yes I did buy the Rakudo account for the resets and the ingame items and I do intend to one day have it fully reset. Yes, currently the state of rp is that people want to get as many KG as possible so they can nuke everyone with their Sage Mode Rasen-Bujuu Bomb. But even if we nerfed it away they are just going to be OP with whatever else they can find.

Long story short, I think that since this would not only require a hard nerf of nearly every character on SL, but also not really accomplish what it is being set out to do, there is no reason to go on with it. If you want to follow these rules and rp with the people that do want all 4 of their KG then more power to you, I respect that decision. If we really are going to include everyone then there really is no reason everyone cant have what they want.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

This list is made to NERF your character. So don't complain saying this does that, that's the whole purpose of it. Too many people are running around with 76 Kg and shit, making rp harder to do and unfair.

Yeah. I see this whole thread as the Weaker people of SL, trying to Nerf the stronger of us. Problem with us having too much power? Too damn bad, not our faults you won't put in the time to gain strength. The Bijuu thing and the removal of them sounded Derpy BTW. I've seen this topic brought up before, and shot it down, like I will now. There is no point to it, other than to nerf strong people down to the more than humble levels of the weaklings.

To conclude, I simply say changing a system of Rp held for more than half of a decade isn't going to fly with the veterans, especially considering that most of the veterans will be affected by this 'Movement'.

EDIT: Oh right, I guess I should say something about this issue.
Yeah man, nerf away. I dunno who is gonna impose these rules or what will happen if you break them, but I guess I really dgaf.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:42:02 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »

Sabu, I always did like your comments. <3
That aside now, Riku;

The weaker people of SL trying to nerf the stronger? I, Trev, Rakudo, ect all of us are not considered weak. Good job insulting us.

"Isn't going to fly with the veterans" You must need to look up who all has commented on this post. I've played LONGER than you KAYENTA has played longer than you. Probably others.

You're just pointing useless shit out that doesn't have anything to do with the actual point of this topic.

"Only weaklings will agree to this, veterans won't go for this, I'm stronger than everyone."

That right there above is your comment in short. Talk about arrogant. Please take your pro-OP ass out of here.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

Oh boy, made an account just for this topic. This seemed like a pretty big deal compared to the other arguments and discussions that I had no desire to be a part of, so here I am. Anyway, the short story of my opinion is, in the end, will this really effect anything? People desire for nerfs to the power one person can have to make it more fair for everyone else but I argue that the people who want to fully reset and get all these powers are going to figure out a way to be as strong as humanly possible within any given set of rules. Let me give an example.

Let's say we just nerf nuked the game, no KG, no elemental jutsu, the only things you can use are Shuriken, Kunai, a sword of some variety, and Kage Bunshin. Well people are going to figure out that having as much chakra as humanly possible and there for being able to make more clones than anyone else is going to make you stronger than the average bear.

Ok let's get rid of jutsu entirely then, you can only fight with swords or hand to hand combat. Alright well if I have a 15 foot buster sword that is going to let me smack around anyone with a smaller sword fairly easily.

Ok no swords, hand to hand only, well if I have Krav Maga I'm going to be able to kick the ass of anyone using Karate so.. you see what I mean? It doesn't ever end.

Yes I did buy the Rakudo account for the resets and the ingame items and I do intend to one day have it fully reset. Yes, currently the state of rp is that people want to get as many KG as possible so they can nuke everyone with their Sage Mode Rasen-Bujuu Bomb. But even if we nerfed it away they are just going to be OP with whatever else they can find.

Long story short, I think that since this would not only require a hard nerf of nearly every character on SL, but also not really accomplish what it is being set out to do, there is no reason to go on with it. If you want to follow these rules and rp with the people that do want all 4 of their KG then more power to you, I respect that decision. If we really are going to include everyone then there really is no reason everyone cant have what they want.

The point of this in my opinion is not to stop people from finding loop holes, but to REGULATE rp. As it is right now just to even 'hit' someone is nearly impossible and zone fights go on for weeks because each party member has become a fucking tank. Example; I have kaguya, Senju, Haku, Uchiha, Rinnegan, I'm an edo tensie with 15 elements from Jiongu and the only way to kill me is by cutting off my head because I'm a Jashinist also. No attack on anyone specific, but honestly. That right there is ridiculous.

Point being, as stated, is to set up a basic guideline that won't STOP all OP or loopholes, but to at least REGULATE rp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.