Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Luck...  (Read 5231 times)

Basillisk

Luck...
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »

I should probably train in medical ninjutsu like Tsunade, since I have her luck... I wanted to see exactly how luck-based is this game. Listen to me first though. Leave the elitist judgmental "you must suck" attitude out of it for now.

So every time I do get on this game, I am generally inactive for length periods of time (got an email of your character's about to be deleted, so I came back) and I get the 50 extra turns(for having missed 151 game days), totaling 62. Right now, I'm level 7 and I just died with 40 turns left. See, normally I fight for 5 turn increments, and if I get hurt, I use a jutsu (2 O-kills, just got Suiton). What just happened (and always happens) is that I get 20 damage one turn (had 40 hp left, so I wouldn't have even used chakra) but then my level 7 opponent (I don't thrillseek or participate in special events for that reason) does the remaining damage to me (about 50). So, what the hell?

TLDR... 70 hp, am hit for 30, fight again, am hit for 50. Is this rare? If it's a game secret, then it must be another game secret why people even bother playing this. If not, enlighten me as to why that happens nearly every time I log on.

(Side note: attack 11, Defense 10, and I can't buy any 'good' weapons or armor since I keep f***ing dying and losing all the money that I haven't put in the bank (since no one goes to the bank after every battle).

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Luck...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »

The game will just screw you over sometimes.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:10 AM »

The game will just screw you over sometimes.
This.

I can go for an infinite number of levels with the current resets that I currently have. But if it so happens that I run into certain insta-kill events or if I run into a certain Hyuuga into the forest, then that's a brick wall for myself. You just have to keep trying, especially if you're an acad. Academy Students don't pass on to be Genin in five minutes. It takes some perseverance.

Taking a look through here can also be of good help.
http://wiki.shinobilegends.com/index.php/Main_Page

God

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »

hint: the game only gets worse the more you play.
I LOVE TIFFANY

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »

That's not quite the truth, since an academy student is going to have a much harder time than a Jonin, and it definitely takes more time to get the Jonin than the Acad level.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:53:57 AM »

hint: the game only gets worse the more you play.

^ Damn straight on that one.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 05:33:54 AM »

That's not quite the truth, since an academy student is going to have a much harder time than a Jonin, and it definitely takes more time to get the Jonin than the Acad level.

Eric you'll find people that will just rag on everything about SL in game and in rp, but they JUST WON'T LEAVE. They are called..
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39878624.jpg

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »

One hint:  :twisted:
Never judge a cow by its udder.

God

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »

Eric you'll find people that will just rag on everything about SL in game and in rp, but they JUST WON'T LEAVE. They are called..

It's probably more closely related to stockholm syndrome.
I LOVE TIFFANY

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »

Because there was a time people liked the game. You know what they say; when you get attached to something, you just can't leave it behind.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

Because there was a time people liked the game. You know what they say; when you get attached to something, you just can't leave it behind.

Oh I totally know what you mean. I still like my ex so whenever we hang out I insult her. *logic*

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »

Oh I totally know what you mean. I still like my ex so whenever we hang out I insult her. *logic*

There's a difference between general etiquette and constructive/non-constructive criticism. If it means to further insult the game and the admins in the bitter end just so they can improve a tiny bit of the game mechanics, then yes I would.

If you're getting a constructive criticism or a feedback at the very least, be grateful — it means that the person reviewing your work has taken the time to actually analyze it and think about it, not just blindly deciding they like it without examining why. They're trying to help you, in a way that 'lol I liked this' never can (which isn't to say that 'lol I liked this' isn't nice to get, in its own way – it's just not helpful). See what I mean?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:17:54 PM by Korra »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »

You can say that you don't like something without railing the game with a baseball bat.  :-?

But you know what they say: everyone has their own way. If the baseball bat is your approach, then so be it. Just know that some are not going to see it the same way.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

God

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »

Probably why you can't get her back, you should try negging and see how it goes.
I LOVE TIFFANY

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »

Probably why you can't get her back, you should try negging and see how it goes.

I just quoted this because it had a bunch of quotes already and I like that.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.