Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 654  (Read 6931 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: 654
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 09:53:24 PM »

I've been under the impression that Kabut has been in sage mode almost the entire time since we've seen him be fully integrated with Oro's DNA (that creepster). But, Jiraya's distinct markings of sage mode didn't appear till he went into sage mode, those red lines purely decoration. 

Nevertheless, if acquiring the Jugo Clan power would allow for theoretically infinite Sage mode, then heck, I would go looking for a suitable body to get into as well. :D

I don't know if I buy Juugo being in Sage Mode all the time.

That's because he isn't.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Transformation

Basically, his clan has an enzyme that allows them to passively gather natural energy. The problem is, their bodies can't handle it. So they go berserk every now and then, until someone beats them down.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »

So making the obvious leap of SL logic, I just need to reset for Sage Mode and claim Juugo's clan and I can in fact be in Sage Mode forever, unless the amount of natural energy I use exceeds what I passively draw in.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »

So making the obvious leap of SL logic, I just need to reset for Sage Mode and claim Juugo's clan and I can in fact be in Sage Mode forever, unless the amount of natural energy I use exceeds what I passively draw in.
Actually, if you claim to be of Jugo's clan or the Yasei clan (Trev's off-shoot), then you'll have to sub your Sage Mode resets for actual control over your transformations. Remember, their bodies can't handle the continually on-coming natural energy gathering, unlike trained Sage Mode users.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »

Actually, if you claim to be of Jugo's clan or the Yasei clan (Trev's off-shoot), then you'll have to sub your Sage Mode resets for actual control over your transformations. Remember, their bodies can't handle the continually on-coming natural energy gathering, unlike trained Sage Mode users.

Oh well that works then.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 01:06:18 AM »

So...you couldn't do what Kabuto did and just integrate that DNA into your body's own? Then sub your resets afterwards? I was just curious...  :oops:

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 01:58:08 AM »

I've been training transformation control for years now. Were Jugo to become trained in sage mode, then that would give him complete control over his transformations, thus, as Rakudo pretty much stated, infinite sage mode capabilities as long as the user has chakra.

Even as of late, he demonstrates excellent control over his transformation even without being trained in sage mode. His transformation is sage mode; standard sage mode users would have to worry about drawing in too much natural energy and getting stoned, while Jugo's clan would go berserk.

So, the SL leap in logic would suggest that Jugo's Clan (or the offshoots) have the ability to stay in sage  mode for as long as they're conscious/living/functional, because they can not only passively absorb natural energy, they apparently do not need to worry about turning to stone or anything from said transformation. As a result, getting just a sample of their DNA/Enzyme would allow for limited usage of it, though like in Sasuke's case in part one it was still limited to how much chakra/strength he had remaining as to whether he could sustain transformations or not.

*Considering Sl logic, that last sentence is almost completely moot, save for maybe reset application.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:59:22 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 02:55:14 AM »

I've been training transformation control for years now. Were Jugo to become trained in sage mode, then that would give him complete control over his transformations, thus, as Rakudo pretty much stated, infinite sage mode capabilities as long as the user has chakra.

Even as of late, he demonstrates excellent control over his transformation even without being trained in sage mode. His transformation is sage mode; standard sage mode users would have to worry about drawing in too much natural energy and getting stoned, while Jugo's clan would go berserk.

So, the SL leap in logic would suggest that Jugo's Clan (or the offshoots) have the ability to stay in sage  mode for as long as they're conscious/living/functional, because they can not only passively absorb natural energy, they apparently do not need to worry about turning to stone or anything from said transformation. As a result, getting just a sample of their DNA/Enzyme would allow for limited usage of it, though like in Sasuke's case in part one it was still limited to how much chakra/strength he had remaining as to whether he could sustain transformations or not.

*Considering Sl logic, that last sentence is almost completely moot, save for maybe reset application.

That's because he isn't.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Transformation

Basically, his clan has an enzyme that allows them to passively gather natural energy. The problem is, their bodies can't handle it. So they go berserk every now and then, until someone beats them down.
Jugo would have been Orochimaru's solution if not for that. But he did create the Cursed Seals by utilizing the enzyme.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru%27s_Juinjutsu

Though of course, Senjutsu > Cursed Seal Jutsu.

So...you couldn't do what Kabuto did and just integrate that DNA into your body's own? Then sub your resets afterwards? I was just curious...  :oops:
You can, but you would only be subbing for control and mastery of the DNA and Sage Transformation. It's treated the same as most pirated-KG, where you would still need some resets to master control over the DNA and stuff. There would also be a problem with having the Cursed Seal for the sole purpose of being in unlimited Sage Mode. Namely, that you need to feed your chakra to the seal for it's effects. It would actually be counter-active to what going into Sage Mode requires, which is absorbing Natural Energy and fusing it with your Physical and Spiritual Energy to create Senjutsu Chakra. You could probably try feeding that to your Cursed Seal, but there would really be no point if you're already in a state far superior to the Cursed Seal's second level. That was really the whole point of Kabuto learning Sage Mode instead of just using Jugo's Sage Transformation. And because of that, he counted himself as being closer to being the Sage of Six Paths than anyone else in the world.

Speaking of that, there's where we get the titles of "Sage" and "of the [Number] Paths". Being able to create and use Senjutsu chakra gives you the title of Sage, while bearing the Rinnegan (six paths for example) gives you the title of "of the Six Paths". More examples: Jiraiya the Toad Sage, Madara the Second Six Paths, Nagato the Third Six Paths. Some SL examples would be: Zenaku the Toad Sage, Kamui of the Six Paths, Nathan the Toad Sage, Rares of the Six Paths, Yumei the Dragon Sage, Gitsune the Fox Sage. Having both makes you: a Sage of Six Paths. (Kage the Sage of Six Paths)

It's funny though, as the Sage Modes seem to refer to the summoning's natural evolution in the manga. Toads become Frogs and Snakes become Dragons (this one is actually based on a Japanese myth that concerns a snake living to be a thousand years is said to turn into a dragon).

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:12 AM »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 03:39:14 AM »

Cursed Seal jutsu, standard sage mode, and Jugo's clan ability are different.

Curse Seal is based off of Jugo's clan ability. In exchange for not causing madness, the seal takes the user's chakra in exchange for senjutsu.

This makes sense, since even in regular sage mode, you're mixing natural energy with your own chakra; so even if every drop of chakra in your body was senjutsu, eventually you could run out of chakra and be forced to leave sage mode (and probably the living world xD)

Regular sage mode takes in natural energy and makes a balance out of it with some of your energies to make senjutsu. 

Then, ya got Jugo's clan. Running out of stamina is not something we've seen Jugo do yet, but it's probably quite possible; we can only imagine what the guy ate when he was out in the wild on self-caused exile. It takes in natural energy and almost makes it, like, a third energy for their body, allowing them to transform and stuff.

Summary: Cursed seal might could be considered an implant, but then that would mean that curse seals could be made of every KG, if you have the enzymes that cause the KG.

So... Ideas...? :)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 17 queries.