Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The lazy Jinchūriki of sl  (Read 7396 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: The lazy Jinchūriki of sl
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »

At least a detection measurement of sorts.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »

Okay I'm going to pop this little topic of Jinchūriki on sl are, for the most part, inactive.

We have set up, revamped, talked a lot about bijuu rules so much you'd think people would get in their heads, but no. We have to keep drilling it in hoping for it to stick.

There are two (2) things a host needs to do to keep their precious;

Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post in public a fortnight), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

These are mandatory. These are not something you can be like; 'Today I just....I just don't feel like it."

Yet over 1/2 with bijuu do just that.

I can list them if needed, but I'm sure you can investigate yourself. Do I have sufficent evidence? You bet your ass I do. You can go look in the zones yourself. I have yet to see anyone since Yujo left post publicly as a host.

So this is what we need to fix as a community. Get the bijuu to follow the rules. If they don't want to follow them then they lose the bijuu. They should know the rules when they attain a beast.

Can you direct me to the original place where these rules are written and established?

I'd like to see them before I raise protest to the point that telling me I must travel as a form of RP, especially when I have RPed publicly within my village, is a form of character control. Dart, Xiarawst, and I all have pertinent duties within Kirigakure; we leave if we are needed somewhere, but we are all ninja of Kirigakure who have duties that we must attend to within Kirigakure.

Point in fact, this rule does not make sense being employed. If we are Jinchuuriki who hold allegiance to a village, we are an asset. If there is a hunting group moving around and there is nothing our village needs us to be doing outside its borders, there is no reason for us to leave. In fact, it would be completely plausible for our village to keep us confined.

If a rule's only basis in being implemented is to make it easier for those to whom the rule does not actually apply, then the rule is not a very good one.

So, direct me to the context of this "I must leave my country" rule, if you don't mind.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »

The context of the rule is that I also have a bijuu, and I have no village. So I can just stay 5 miles under the earth in my Akatsuki hideout, rping publically with the members there, and no one will ever find me. I could do the same thing with the 4 tails as Kyu does with the Mazo.

You can leave the village and go to the beach or something right there, and have 15 ANBU members with you, the point is to just give some kind of chance to do anything but full scale war on a village. We could try and infiltrate a village but I am sure we'd be meta-gamed to death.

Don't worry Isa, they just don't know that you're the one who makes the rules yet.

Right, and the topic: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:51:36 PM by bocchiere »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »

Okay I'm going to pop this little topic of Jinchūriki on sl are, for the most part, inactive.

We have set up, revamped, talked a lot about bijuu rules so much you'd think people would get in their heads, but no. We have to keep drilling it in hoping for it to stick.

There are two (2) things a host needs to do to keep their precious;

Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post in public a fortnight), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

These are mandatory. These are not something you can be like; 'Today I just....I just don't feel like it."

Yet over 1/2 with bijuu do just that.

I can list them if needed, but I'm sure you can investigate yourself. Do I have sufficent evidence? You bet your ass I do. You can go look in the zones yourself. I have yet to see anyone since Yujo left post publicly as a host.

So this is what we need to fix as a community. Get the bijuu to follow the rules. If they don't want to follow them then they lose the bijuu. They should know the rules when they attain a beast.

Can you direct me to the original place where these rules are written and established?

I'd like to see them before I raise protest to the point that telling me I must travel as a form of RP, especially when I have RPed publicly within my village, is a form of character control. Dart, Xiarawst, and I all have pertinent duties within Kirigakure; we leave if we are needed somewhere, but we are all ninja of Kirigakure who have duties that we must attend to within Kirigakure.

Point in fact, this rule does not make sense being employed. If we are Jinchuuriki who hold allegiance to a village, we are an asset. If there is a hunting group moving around and there is nothing our village needs us to be doing outside its borders, there is no reason for us to leave. In fact, it would be completely plausible for our village to keep us confined.

If a rule's only basis in being implemented is to make it easier for those to whom the rule does not actually apply, then the rule is not a very good one.

So, direct me to the context of this "I must leave my country" rule, if you don't mind.

I can direct as soon as I dig up the thread, but trust that these are the rules.

Also as far as your excuse of duty you have none. Literally. If there were evidence to support your claim of having too many village duties to attend to then sure, but you don't as far as I can tell. (If you do show any proof then I'll take this all back) The only one of you three actively doing anything is Dart. Xia's last post was more than 2 weeks ago and you never really posted at all within the last month, excluding the post you made yesterday.

Point in fact we are not making you travel to an ungoldy location on a trip that'll take 4 years, no. If you just rp going into zone 2 then that's fine. You only have to be there one (1) day. You all do not have to leave the village at once. So take turns if you are really that worried about being attacked. Being holed in the village will increase the chances of the village as a whole being attacked rather than just you. So the right thing would actually be; to do this once every two weeks post. As said you can take a whole group out with you if you want more protection. I don't care, just do what the rules say and we can all move on.

Edit: Thank you Bocc. ^
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:53:08 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 08:10:57 PM »

You cannot auto kamui into villages. That's against the rules. If you are not of that village trying to do such will be voided. You'll need to pass via the gates, which isn't too hard to do unless you're known in rp or it'd be metagamed.

What? << That doesn't make any sense unless the village has some time space barrier. Why don't they just cut out the middle man and say it's god mod to be able to sneak into a village?

It is considered bad form to just Kamui into a village and attack it (or attack it later on even). Many villages also require you to go through the gate system in order to be accepted, for logical reasons of village defense.

Exceptions are obviously made, but it is typically frowned upon for enemies to just show up in the middle of the village via space-time techniques. It used to be like that in Konoha especially, but recently I think it has significantly become laxed, though I have not seen attackers try to space-time their way in in recent times, so it might just be an unplucked string.

Going away to some foreign village almost defeats the purpose since they will have their own hidey hole system that you'll have to go through. This is fine, but if we're making them leave their home village just for them to go to another fortified village, if they travel using Kamui or something like that, it kind of defeats the purpose of the regulation in the first place.
Then why don't the invaders use Kamui as well, then?

If they can't (barriers being picky about who can and can't do it), then they'll need to adopt a different approach. For instance, does every village have such a barrier, and did the jinchuuriki access a village without one? Establishing extensive information networks would be a good step into coping with this.

Although I answered above (somewhat) I will make a shorter version for the sake of quoting. Natives tend to be able to enter the village almost however they so choose, allies may get special privlages OOcly, and enemies are almost certainly berated for entering via space-time techniques.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Konohagakure

Rule #1 for Konoha: No foreigners are to auto-enter or exit Konoha. Doing so will result in a warning, ask for said player to repost, and if they don't comply, they will be ignored.

This may be outdated, but similar ones are present in many villages who have a profile on there:

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kirigakure

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Otogakure#In-Game_Rules

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Sunagakure#In-Game_Rules

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kumogakure#In-Game_Rules

And so on and so forth. Whether this reflects current regulations within the said villages or not I am not 100% on, but there is warrant for attackers not to willy nilly enter via Kamui.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »

I always assumed that just meant you cannot post "I climb over the gates and sneak in the village and no one sees me." That you can't god mod entering the village undetected, essentially.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »

"As far as you can tell."

It is quite apparent that how far you can tell as to my duties is not very far.
There are things going on in Kirigakure that require both Dart and myself to remain in the city for a little while. Just because you do not see things does not mean they are not happening.

Heck. It shouldn't be too hard to guess that Dart, Xia, and I have something going on within Kirigakure, especially with that scumbag on the loose again.

So, direct me to the context of the rule.

As far as auto-entering goes, I think Kiri unanimously accepts Kamui, or other methods, as a viable way to enter Kiri. But, if we find you within the walls and aren't happy about your presence, we usually get upset. Essentially, yeah, you can teleport into Kiri. But if we find you, don't get upset if we attack first and ask questions later.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »

As far as auto-entering goes, I think Kiri unanimously accepts Kamui, or other methods, as a viable way to enter Kiri. But, if we find you within the walls and aren't happy about your presence, we usually get upset. Essentially, yeah, you can teleport into Kiri. But if we find you, don't get upset if we attack first and ask questions later.

That makes sense to me. Otherwise it would literally just be "It is god mod to infiltrate a village undetected."

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

That makes sense to me. Otherwise it would literally just be "It is god mod to infiltrate a village undetected."

Which is totally wrong. This is a website about ninjas, after all.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »

There are things going on in Kirigakure that require both Dart and myself to remain in the city for a little while. Just because you do not see things does not mean they are not happening.

Heck. It shouldn't be too hard to guess that Dart, Xia, and I have something going on within Kirigakure, especially with that scumbag on the loose again.

I am in the clan and can see the village board. My sight to your duties is pretty solid, you have none.  Even if you did it takes you one day to do this every two weeks. That's it.

Once again the link; http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html

The village teleportation via kamui is allowed by most, just they usually have a way to detect you even if you use it.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

I am in the clan and can see the village board. My sight to your duties is pretty solid, you have none.  Even if you did it takes you one day to do this every two weeks. That's it.

Once again the link; http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html

The village teleportation via kamui is allowed by most, just they usually have a way to detect you even if you use it.

Our village board is literally a constant OOC party. You haven't any sight at all as to what my duties are, because most of what I am referring to is behind the scenes actions that work in subtlety.

You aren't the correct authority to be telling me whether or not I have duties within Kirigakure; that would be the current Mizukage, Xiarawst. We could certainly ask him.

Sorry, I didn't see the first time you posted the link.
I still don't see the context for the reasoning behind why we should have to post outside our village. It is standalone within this list; there is no contextual discussion about it that I can find. Perhaps, as you are looking in the wrong places for my duties, I am looking in the wrong places for context.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 08:34:13 PM »

Our village board is literally a constant OOC party. You haven't any sight at all as to what my duties are, because most of what I am referring to is behind the scenes actions that work in subtlety.

You aren't the correct authority to be telling me whether or not I have duties within Kirigakure; that would be the current Mizukage, Xiarawst. We could certainly ask him.

I still don't see the context for the reasoning behind why we should have to post outside our village. It is standalone within this list; there is no contextual discussion about it that I can find. Perhaps, as you are looking in the wrong places for my duties, I am looking in the wrong places for context.

I'm not telling you if you have any, just looks like you don't. Anywho, trashing that.

Setting aside the fact of rping in your own village, you don't even do that. So even if you could slide by and rp in your own village you still wouldn't be following correct rules until as of yesterday with that one liner. The point of having you rp outside the village has been said. So we wouldn't have to wage a full scale attack just to get to you. You claim to be a protector of your village yet when we add in a rule to make you rp away from your village instead of for it, you are utterly against it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7846.135.html

Reply 121 to about 142. especially 142, which sums of my own argument for this in the context that we originally discussed it.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.30.html

Reply 40 to about 44, once again, especially 44, which again sums up my reasoning during the context of the conversation.

And in regards to that, if it is not public knowledge, then, as far as the rule is concerned, it is not valid consideration for activity. If you could just post in dwellings (or claim to do so) and call it even, then the rule would be pointless.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 08:39:22 PM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7846.135.html

Reply 121 to about 142. especially 142, which sums of my own argument for this in the context that we originally discussed it.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.30.html

Reply 40 to about 44, once again, especially 44, which again sums up my reasoning during the context of the conversation.

And in regards to that, if it is not public knowledge, then, as far as the rule is concerned, it is not valid consideration for activity. If you could just post in dwellings (or claim to do so) and call it even, then the rule would be pointless.

Eric our archiver of the forums ^

Thank you sir.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »

I do RP within my village. Currently, I am only having one-liners because I am actually waiting on Dart and co. to finish because he and I are supposed to be working on something. << Well more than two weeks ago, Xiarawst and I gave him an order to investigate something, and he is still working on it.

In my character's RP, I am in Kirigakure and haven't any logical reason to leave. It wouldn't occur to me as being a danger to Kiri, it would appear as if I were protecting by being present. Further, there are duties which as a higher-up of Kirigakure I have to do every so often.

Ohh. Yeah.. I do a lot of RP in dwellings. That's why I'm so thrown off. It hadn't occurred to me.

For the sake of argument, Dart and I will post outside of Kirigakure once he is done with his RP in Kiri. After such, I'll look into the context of this rule more and try and compose some thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.