Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Bijuu rules modification: Case 2  (Read 2046 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Bijuu rules modification: Case 2
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »

So say you're a bijuu holder and have always followed the rules as they are, but suddenly your dog gets married and his wife is having puppies. You cannot miss this time of his life for the world, yet you can't post a wonderful one liner in any zone. Well this is where this modification will come into play. Excusable absence. As in someone dies, you're getting married. Basically emotional/rl issues are too much to deal with.

So I want to propose that you can extend the posting from every two weeks to once that month in which you pick the day. No you cannot do this every month. Just once in the case of said things.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:41:49 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu rules modification: Case 2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »

I would Shadow, you know, but my dog has a bi-monthly AA retreat. They go into the mountains and camp and such. So I don't know if once a month is fair. Maybe once every 5 years.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »

No you cannot do this every month. Just once in the case of said things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It won't be a once a month thing. They can do it once a year.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »

So say you're a bijuu holder and have always followed the rules as they are, but suddenly your dog gets married and his wife is having puppies. You cannot miss this time of his life for the world, yet you can't post a wonderful one liner in any zone. Well this is where this modification will come into play. Excusable absence. As in someone dies, you're getting married. Basically emotional/rl issues are too much to deal with.

So I want to propose that you can extend the posting from every two weeks to once that month in which you pick the day. No you cannot do this every month. Just once in the case of said things.

Hm... Sounds abusable. If this is permitted on the basis that real life happens, then for some folks, real life just might happen, like, every month or so.

You did say that it can't happen every month, but if an emergency legitimately pops up after a break has already taken, then on the basis of courtesy, what are we to do then? Another extension or stripping then?

As much as I want folks to abide by the rules and be fair at the same time, giving an inch might grant a foot in the process. If everybody "gets one every two months" or something like that, we would need someone to keep track of that.

And I do not volunteer anyone for that particular task, as I do not think anyone has that kind of time on their hands.

I would Shadow, you know, but my dog has a bi-monthly AA retreat. They go into the mountains and camp and such. So I don't know if once a month is fair. Maybe once every 5 years.

Bi-monthly retreat? Easy. Post prior to that trip. Do not wait till the deadline.

Problem solved.  :)

As I said earlier, or at least hinted at, RL happens more than just once a year. Making people pick and choose which to take a break from is sketchy, and I think it would be easier to just strip folks who have RL issues going on consistently.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »

If we decide this is a thing I will just make a topic here and list 1 through 9 tails with a check mark or something signifying if they have used their get out of jail free card or not.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »

Hm... Sounds abusable. If this is permitted on the basis that real life happens, then for some folks, real life just might happen, like, every month or so.

You did say that it can't happen every month, but if an emergency legitimately pops up after a break has already taken, then on the basis of courtesy, what are we to do then? Another extension or stripping then?

As much as I want folks to abide by the rules and be fair at the same time, giving an inch might grant a foot in the process. If everybody "gets one every two months" or something like that, we would need someone to keep track of that.

And I do not volunteer anyone for that particular task, as I do not think anyone has that kind of time on their hands.

Bi-monthly retreat? Easy. Post prior to that trip. Do not wait till the deadline.

Problem solved.  :)

As I said earlier, or at least hinted at, RL happens more than just once a year. Making people pick and choose which to take a break from is sketchy, and I think it would be easier to just strip folks who have RL issues going on consistently.

This isn't for the constant busy people. Like I put in when I made this topic. It's for those who have an issue pop out that usually are always active. Like your uncle dies. Take one month off and then go back to normal.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »

If it's just a once-per-year exemption, then why not?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 01:53:40 AM »

Alright, if there are folks willing to keep track of that, then I have no further objections.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.