Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Time limit or post limit on the tournament discussion.

5 days to post
12 posts max
Something else besides those two. (Please post it)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition  (Read 16502 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »

1v1 the attacker gets it.

If it's to where it's in a group rp and said host goes inactive it goes to the kage, if said kage is inactive the bijuu automatically gets stuck into a container of sorts?

Then it comes down to who defends it?

I hate to be that guy, but what about 2v1 or 2v2? Is there a limit before the beast goes to the village, or a limit before the challenger just claims it?

He's moving, so I'm pretty sure he gets a pass and won't get stripped. I don't know his activity level, so maybe he'll be able to name a Jinch. Either way, it proposes a what if scenario, which needs to be covered for the rules.

The scenario being, an jinch and inactive clan/village leader. Perhaps if they have a council or second in command lined up they decide, or if no one can do it within two weeks, it be hosted as a prize for a tournament.

There has to be a second-in-command somewhere. Life happens, not having a second in command in a clan like Kirigakure would be extremely careless. If that second in command goes absent, then the next one in the line of succession steps up to handle the duties.

It seems to be that the number of attackers doesn't matter. So a 10v1 in the case that the host goes inactive, the 10 attackers decide who gets it. And something that just popped into my head...

With Isa's case since Akatsuki is attacking for the bijuu; the people already in the fight have to defend it. (If he fails to post and get on, therefore stripped) It'd be like that in a 5v2 If one of the 2 defenders goes inactive then the last one remaining must defend it?

If the host goes inactive it goes to the next in line to defend it, if the next in line isn't active it goes down one more. (A lot like how the government works. President, Vice, president pro tempore, ect.)

So here's how Kiri's succession line looks. (To my knowledge on their ranks);

Xia, Former mizukage (too inactive to do anything), and then great old Dart, Gitsune, and then the council. Most noted Shadowfire and Mioku.

So it's up to Dart to defend it who is already in the fight? Therefore nothing changes except he's fighting for 2 bijuu.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »

That seems to complicated, I'd rather if the Jinch goes inactive and no one is active enough to seal/ become it's summoner, I'd rather see it go to a tournament or something.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »

That seems to complicated, I'd rather if the Jinch goes inactive and no one is active enough to seal/ become it's summoner, I'd rather see it go to a tournament or something.

And then who would host/organize the tourney? That seems kinda BS to me. The attackers should still have the chance to get it instead of now having to wait a long time again, cause we all know their WILL be debate in those who participate. Probably ending up in delaying the whole thing by months when this attack on Kiri has already taken, what, 2? It doesn't seem right to make them wait another 5 months due to a tourney.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »

You do realize if it gets stripped and sent back to Kiri, it could potentially go to someone not even in the battle >>

The beast must be sealed or used as an summoner within two weeks I believe, no exceptions. If a clan/village cannot, it is stripped from the village and a tournament is hosted I believe.

How would such a tournament be hosted or run? Idk, so lets figure it out and decide. Not saying this is what will happen to the Sanbi, we cant create a whole set of rules, based off one fight. Got to look at all possibilities, so we never have to make another thread again!

Edit: We should also spread awareness of this thread, so it's just not Akatsuki.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:54:14 PM by Trev »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

You do realize if it gets stripped and sent back to Kiri, it could potentially go to someone not even in the battle >>

The beast must be sealed or used as an summoner within two weeks I believe, no exceptions. If a clan/village cannot, it is stripped from the village and a tournament is hosted I believe.

How would such a tournament be hosted or run? Idk, so lets figure it out and decide. Not saying this is what will happen to the Sanbi, we cant create a whole set of rules, based off one fight. Got to look at all possibilities, so we never have to make another thread again!

Edit: We should also spread awareness of this thread, so it's just not Akatsuki.

They're attacking the village as a whole and can sense the bijuu. xD It doesn't matter, if they have it, they have to defend it cause Akatsuki will just sense it and attack the new host.

It's one week actually, but I go by two weeks since it seems more suitable. Unless you're Suna then you can take half a year.

Well at times when talking about the objects of a bijuu tourney or whatnot; I like to involve the kage and current hosts. That's what I did when I stripped Rinn.

So to hold a tourney each kage from each village will send whoever wants to participate for the bijuu, but no more than 2-3 from one village. All rouge nin can enter regardless. After that the kage and hosts will set up the order and such. The zones will be used for the battles. Judges, I think there should be at least 3 for the total. Consisting of; Kamui (If the poor guy is willing) and then 2 others decided by who's the most unbaised. After that have 3 battles running at a time (The reason for 3 judges) and hopefully that will make it go faster?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »

I was thinking if a tournament had to be had, perhaps have a 16-32 member maximum count (I'd go with 16). The participants would literally be first come, first served (no alts, however). Perhaps Kamui and other GM's could be judges, or anyone really.

To speed up the process, stress activity. Normally in a fight, you get what, one-two weeks of inactivity before you have to post? For a tournament, make it 2-3 days, else you get dq'd. That would force people to post and fight, or be eliminated to speed it up.

Also make it ooc, as that makes sense. That's how I'd run it anyway, seems the easiest and quickest.

I'd also only limit other people and alts to be the only ones not able to enter. And perhaps to make sure the tournament doesn't overwhelmingly have too many people from one side, put a limit of like 3 members from any organization/village. But mostly first come, first serve as 2-3 from each village is unfair to other clans and the smaller villages.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:22:54 PM by Trev »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »

What is so complicated about sending the biju down the line of succession? The ranks are quite clear, and considering this is a village-wide attack, the most active among the heads would likely already be in the fight anyways, so for the most part, as Shadow said earlier, not much would change in fights on this kind of scale.

There are always exceptions of course, and then said person would likely have to enter the fight in order to defend the beast, so on and so forth. As I am sure you may have noticed, while I am not completly against a tournament, I am biased against those simply due to the fact that they rarely finish; stressing activity is nice, but a 16-man tourney, if everyone gets two days to post or else, will at minimum take 32 days to complete round 1, and that is if folks post twice a day and win on their second post. People may be a little more active and post more than that, but worst-case scenario will take quite a while to complete.

A tournament would be more complicated than the line of succession deal. However, since a tournament is one of the solutions for the biju rules, then it is a good idea to bring that up and discuss it, but I would still rather not replace succession with a tournament.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 05:51:57 PM »

Has a crazy and wild out of the box idea. Void the damn tailed beast. They are more of a burden than a benefit to SL rp. Truthfully they cause more ooc fighting and problems then any other thing on SL.

It is not like without them rp would suck at SL. We could actually strike up some interesting plots that weren't just 'get the tailed beast'.

Other then that in my opinion I like the old biju methods more than these new ones. Kinda like Kay said 1vs1. it was much more simple that way and seemed to not cause such of a big fuss in quantity of people.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 06:46:02 PM »

Tis quite funny to see everyone go from biju challenges make no sense and biju must be hunted, to lets go back to the old rules! When these new rules were made, I don't think giant village based rp was in mind. It was expected, but I assumed everyone thought that the jinch would get attacked when they made a public post, vastly cutting down the number of participants.

Unfortunatly, some Jinch's never posted outside their village, and others did so for only one hour, so village fight became necessary, ruining the new system.

Any who, I agree on Kay and others on some things, if this new system is to be upheld. We have a few things people seem to agree on.
If it's a 1v1, the challenger gets it.
If it's a village battle, it gets placed in a jar and maybe won if a clear victory is had.

As for a tourney, I have to disagree with you Kay. I don't think it should be just the village participating, or they can exclude members. Yes, this is a way to rip it from the village's hands, but this is the option if there is no one around of higher rank to seal/summon it. If the village or clan fail to do so in the allotted time, this is a punishment as they have a chance to lose their biju.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »

Has a crazy and wild out of the box idea. Void the damn tailed beast. They are more of a burden than a benefit to SL rp. Truthfully they cause more ooc fighting and problems then any other thing on SL.

It is not like without them rp would suck at SL. We could actually strike up some interesting plots that weren't just 'get the tailed beast'.

Other then that in my opinion I like the old biju methods more than these new ones. Kinda like Kay said 1vs1. it was much more simple that way and seemed to not cause such of a big fuss in quantity of people.

We can't void something people want as competition. If we take out the tailed beasts what will people 'go' after for a trophy so to speak. Besides that, I'm against it and any other host should be. You can't just void something as people will just void your void.

Also Kayenta since I don't want to make a page long reply to yours to make it easier on myself and others....no one here is autohitting. We all are talking how we normally do and I am 100% sure that no one is taking our suggestions as fact. Until I see a verdict be drawn or a vote taken nothing will change. All changes that are ruled on (if any) will be posted below in some color under the rule it fixed.

As for 'sending' your nuke out and leaving your village defenseless I don't get that at all. The reason we go to your village is because the bijuu is there. If you really wanted to keep your village safe then you would, indeed, travel outside of the village. As you know we break stuff when an attack is made. Mainly bodies and buildings.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2014, 09:09:57 PM »

Trev: I don't think the village/clan/group needs to be punished because its leadership failed. I believe they should be given the opportunity to deal with the bijuu properly on their own. Only after every attempt has been made to give the village/etc....the opportunities to handle their own property, should it even be considered to be open up for the general public to participate. And even then it should be organized by what is left of that village.

When dealing with the property of others you have to be extra careful not to lay yourself open for an accusation of theft or unfair play. Believe it or not, it is not just the higher ranks of a village who can do things. Many lower ranks are veteran rpers of SL too. To exclude them from attempting to carry this responsibility ASSUMES incompetence.

I agree with you Kay, but at the same time people get higher ranks based on a combination of things in most cases. While someone may be a veteran in terms of rp that doesn't mean they are competent. In Kiri's case especially, those in the lower ranks cannot handle the responsibility of a bijuu. You may ask how I know this and it's based on how long they've been off and I know about half of the people/alts under the rank of Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai. Even those in the higher ranks: Kiba, Adge, Xaos ect are inactive in terms of rp. The whole clan is alt/inactive with 1/3 of them actually there. I'm not saying it's a lost cause, but it's close to it. That's why a tourney needs to be held for those outside of the clan instead of having someone of mediocre stature getting the bijuu cause all the others are inactive.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

I'm not saying their incompetent, but their is a time limit to make sure the biju are around. If no one in a clan or village can figure it out (this includes from leadership to down below), it should go to a tournament.

If they still want it, they can apply to the tournament, but it shouldn't just include them.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 02:00:12 AM »

This whole assumption that the village own the biju is bull. The only way a village has any rights to a beast is is the council of said village has it sealed away within something or something of that sort. It is not the village's duty to uphold the tailed beast but the person it is sealed with in.

I have to disagree with this if you go inactive it is passed on to the next person in the village cause I don't see a village as owning the beast. It should go to the challenger who was after it.

I say that because (note I am not sure and don't care to really look into it) it seems to me that in Kiri the host of the tailed best may not be doing their job. Therefor the beast should not go to another in Kiri but to the attackers. The attackers should have rights to the tailed beast.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:58 AM »

I say my view again, on the matter of the tournament. I'm fine with the village/clan getting every chance to settle it, however it must be in a reasonable amount of time, which currently stands at two weeks. If they cannot settle the matter in the allotted time, I say bring it to the tournament.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 02:37:34 AM »

What exactly is this tournament?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.