Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Time limit or post limit on the tournament discussion.

5 days to post
12 posts max
Something else besides those two. (Please post it)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition  (Read 16589 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »

A tournament is an idea proposed to solve an inactive biju problem if say the leaders of a clan/village are inactive or cannot put a but a biju in a host/summon in the time allowed.

Basically if a organization takes too long to do something with a biju, a tournament is held to decide. So far there are no tournament rules, which is what I'm trying to get done. It's not a main issue, but needs to have rules in the event a tournament is ever needed.

So just to organize everything stated so far, we have these topics and proposes answers (rules)

1v1 fights:
If Jinch goes inactive, challengers gets biju (everyone commenting on thread agrees)

Mutli/village fights:
 If Jinch is inacitve, biju goes back to the village in a pot and can be taken by challengers with overwhelming victory.
Dissenting opinion: Uetto proposes it goes to challenger.

Tournament:
Should be a last case scenario as it can be slow (Pretty much agreed upon)
Shadow has proposed set of rules
Trev has proposed set of rules
Kay believe the village should handle it, and it not be open to the public.

Pretty much a recap, someone fix if I missed something. I think everyone will agree with the 1v1, and it might be presumptuous to assume the rest of SL does, but I think that topic is done and settled.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 03:20:52 AM »

So to hold a tourney each kage from each village will send whoever wants to participate for the bijuu, but no more than 2-3 from one village. All rouge nin can enter regardless. After that the kage and hosts will set up the order and such. The zones will be used for the battles. Judges, I think there should be at least 3 for the total. Consisting of; Kamui (If the poor guy is willing) and then 2 others decided by who's the most unbaised. After that have 3 battles running at a time (The reason for 3 judges) and hopefully that will make it go faster?

I was thinking if a tournament had to be had, perhaps have a 16-32 member maximum count (I'd go with 16). The participants would literally be first come, first served (no alts, however). Perhaps Kamui and other GM's could be judges, or anyone really.
To speed up the process, stress activity. Normally in a fight, you get what, one-two weeks of inactivity before you have to post? For a tournament, make it 2-3 days, else you get dq'd. That would force people to post and fight, or be eliminated to speed it up.
Also make it ooc, as that makes sense. That's how I'd run it anyway, seems the easiest and quickest.
I'd also only limit other people and alts to be the only ones not able to enter. And perhaps to make sure the tournament doesn't overwhelmingly have too many people from one side, put a limit of like 3 members from any organization/village. But mostly first come, first serve as 2-3 from each village is unfair to other clans and the smaller villages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So those are the current guidelines Trev and myself have proposed and I'm going to try and mix them into a current template...
Max of 32 champions. 2 from each village max; kusa, kumo, Oto, Iwa. Any village has a max of 2 champions. Villages DO NOT have to participate. Champions are to be chosen by the kage/council of the village. I do not care how the village chooses their champions. The villages will have ONE WEEK to choose these people. Those without a village can enter as they please.
To speed up the process a inactivity time of 3-5 days will render you to forfeit the match and be DQ'ed from the competition. After such you CANNOT re-enter under any terms regardless of inactivity reason.
NO ALTS. If we find out you do have an alt you will automatically be DQ'ed, all characters. If we find later you indeed won the bijuu with an alt, stripped. (This is to be debated)
As for judges...I think Kamui comes to mind for everyone. And I insist on having 3 judges and 3 fights to take place at one time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:28:16 AM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 03:44:22 AM »

For the combined set, I would insist upon the 16 max, as like Eric said, if a tournament is to be had, it will be slow. Having 16 members eliminates one whole round, as compared to 32. I also disagree with the champions list, it should be fist come, first served. Some kages could be inactive and the time it takes to find willing participants might take too long.

The two members count should extend to every organization, not just villages. Example being only two members from Akatsuki allowed or Genesis. I don't agree with just the villages having an automatic buy in, first comes first serve seem fairer to me, but with a limit on how many people from an particular organization, so a village say Konoha doesn't have like 8 participants cause they were on earlier.

Of course, for any rules to be placed, we need more opinions, as Kay proposed the organization or village with the biju should host and run it, while we're advertising a more global one. So that should be determined first with the tournament rules. Is is it local (the place where is biju resides) or more of a punishment for not settling the biju matter in the time accordance (global)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:48:02 AM by Trev »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 03:55:30 AM »

For the combined set, I would insist upon the 16 max, as like Eric said, if a tournament is to be had, it will be slow. Having 16 members eliminates one whole round, as compared to 32. I also disagree with the champions list, it should be fist come, first served. Some kages could be inactive and the time it takes to find willing participants might take too long.

The two members count should extend to every organization, not just villages. Example being only two members from Akatsuki allowed or Genesis. I don't agree with just the villages having an automatic buy in, first comes first serve seem fairer to me, but with a limit on how many people from an particular organization, so a village say Konoha doesn't have like 8 participants cause they were on earlier.

Of course, for any rules to be placed, we need more opinions, as Kay proposed the organization or village with the biju should host and run it, while we're advertising a more global one. So that should be determined first with the tournament rules. Is is it local (the place where is biju resides) or more of a punishment for not settling the biju matter in the time accordance (global)

I see your point...so for global a max of 16 people can enter on a first come basis and only a max of two from whichever village/organization they are from.

As for a clan tourney, why not just keep the same rules? Max of maybe 8 this time, everything else is the same more or less.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 04:20:13 AM »

Could keep the same rules, just saying the community need to decide if it's global or local.

Global:
Trev
Shadow

Local:
Kay

Need loads more of votes.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 05:21:06 AM »

Could keep the same rules, just saying the community need to decide if it's global or local.

Global:
Trev
Shadow

Local:
Kay

Need loads more of votes.

Global. I think if it goes this far then it probably boils down to the village not being able to handle hosting it in the first place. Perhaps this will result for a wake up call when the time comes and one of their own will try to win it and handle it better.

Now I didn't read everything cause I am to lazy right now and handling rl stuff. Anyways, I ask this will this be OOC or IC done? Should it be IC it would result in death of actual characters competing and rp lock all those involved. Which may be a good thing as it may limit a thousand of people jumping at the idea.

Also I have to say no to the first come first serve. Really it could be done so that only those in the village and what not are the first one's to know about it and therefor be the first to jump at it.
I'd say allow each village to send no more but at least one person. If there are open slots after that and rogue get their first come for serve along with organizations. Who should only be able to enter one person as well and no making an alt real fast to fill in I hate the whole alt thing it needs to be a character that has been around for awhile. Anyways, if there is still an open spot then the village with the least amount of tailed best can send another person. Something of that sort. No first come first serve though cause I feel that can be alt spammed.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 07:39:15 AM »

I agree completely Kay, I'm not trying to take the power out of the village or organization. A global tournament should/ is the last way of dealing with a biju. If the organization wants a clan tournament to decide the host or some other method, sure go for it!

This global tournament is only applicable should an organization not figure out who or how their finding the new host within the allotted time (I believe two weeks, correct me if I'm wrong). If they do not find a host/summoner, or have no plans on how to determine it (In clan tournament), then and only then will a global tournament will he held.

If you and others can agree to that, then we can move on to the tournament rules, or see if we can't persuade Uetto to flesh out or convince him in the argument regarding multi battles. While also getting more opinions of course (I've been spreading this around, so has Shadow, I suggest other do as well, the more the merrier.)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 08:45:52 AM »

I don't understand how the bijuu is not the property of the village or organization. I believe that is how it has been represented in the manga, so that is where my bias comes from.

As it stands now it is up to the hierarchy of the village to determine who the new host will be.

I feel that it would have to be proven the village has defaulted on their ability to choose a new host before  an 'outside'  tourney would even be considered. As part of the process for a village to choose a new host, it should be acceptable for a village to hold a tourney to choose between its own members.

However, once an outside tourney is called for...I agree with the 3 day posting limit. Special events such as this should force activity. Otherwise if you cannot commit to that level of activity do not try for the bijuu.

My persinal thoughts are that SL tends to not follow the manga plot and all. So I still see the Biju as being held by the host not the village... that is just me though. As the person could defect or anything so to me truly the person owns the tailed beast. People at SL flipflop villages a lot.

Anyways. In my thoughts it is simple as to when a global tourny is needed. It is needed when the village has not chosen a host or started it's own tourny of sorts to determine a host within the time limit. We can't just sit around a year waiting can we?

Also the village needs to have 'started' their contest by the end of the time limit not say "Oh, we are working on it." or "We plan to have one soon." That is just methods used to BS your way into more time to benefit yourself which isn't playing fair in my thoughts. I'd suggest if this is passed and all that the village go ahead and create a contest for the tailed best so that if a host can't be chosen they can imply it immediately.

We could even extend the time limit from 2 weeks to 3. That is plenty of time for someone to make a move.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »

... Has SL ever finished an RP tournament?
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »

My junior division finished, the advanced one... not so much >>

Hence the 2-3 day inactivity limit. If you go inactive, buh bye.

Even then, it'll be slowish (I imagine two weeks to a month for 16 people). That is why this is the last resort.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 12:11:12 AM »

I like the global idea a lot. The rules are excellent.
Like Kirk said, canon =/= SL at all.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:36 AM »

... Has SL ever finished an RP tournament?

I won a Jounin Exams, with me and Shadowfire's battle still posted here on the forum somewhere. But I see the joke you were making there.  :P

I don't understand how the bijuu is not the property of the village or organization. I believe that is how it has been represented in the manga, so that is where my bias comes from.

As it stands now it is up to the hierarchy of the village to determine who the new host will be.

I feel that it would have to be proven the village has defaulted on their ability to choose a new host before  an 'outside'  tourney would even be considered. As part of the process for a village to choose a new host, it should be acceptable for a village to hold a tourney to choose between its own members.

However, once an outside tourney is called for...I agree with the 3 day posting limit. Special events such as this should force activity. Otherwise if you cannot commit to that level of activity do not try for the bijuu.

My persinal thoughts are that SL tends to not follow the manga plot and all. So I still see the Biju as being held by the host not the village... that is just me though. As the person could defect or anything so to me truly the person owns the tailed beast. People at SL flipflop villages a lot.

The shinobi in the series would flip-flop alot too if there were absolutely no serious consequences for defection and there is a serious lack of family ties being torn by defection. Even then, defection was not very uncommon (especially in Konoha and Kiri) in the series considering all the rogue nin who turned out to be enemies at some point or another.

It can be argued that certain techniques are village property, but that does not keep people from stealing that property and running off and sharing it with their grandma half a state over.

A tournament is an idea proposed to solve an inactive biju problem if say the leaders of a clan/village are inactive or cannot put a but a biju in a host/summon in the time allowed.

Basically if a organization takes too long to do something with a biju, a tournament is held to decide. So far there are no tournament rules, which is what I'm trying to get done. It's not a main issue, but needs to have rules in the event a tournament is ever needed.

So just to organize everything stated so far, we have these topics and proposes answers (rules)

1v1 fights:
If Jinch goes inactive, challengers gets biju (everyone commenting on thread agrees)

Mutli/village fights:
 If Jinch is inacitve, biju goes back to the village in a pot and can be taken by challengers with overwhelming victory.
Dissenting opinion: Uetto proposes it goes to challenger.

Tournament:
Should be a last case scenario as it can be slow (Pretty much agreed upon)
Shadow has proposed set of rules
Trev has proposed set of rules
Kay believe the village should handle it, and it not be open to the public.

Pretty much a recap, someone fix if I missed something. I think everyone will agree with the 1v1, and it might be presumptuous to assume the rest of SL does, but I think that topic is done and settled.

I agree with that 1v1, as that is practically biju challenges style of play there.

I agree with the multi-village RP fight regs, as I would consider that second strike against the host at that point, and sending it to the challengers at that stage WOULD save some trouble, it would also mean that any RL implications for going inactive would ultimately punish the jinch. Landmine of exceptions and loopholes waiting to be stepped on.

So to hold a tourney each kage from each village will send whoever wants to participate for the bijuu, but no more than 2-3 from one village. All rouge nin can enter regardless. After that the kage and hosts will set up the order and such. The zones will be used for the battles. Judges, I think there should be at least 3 for the total. Consisting of; Kamui (If the poor guy is willing) and then 2 others decided by who's the most unbaised. After that have 3 battles running at a time (The reason for 3 judges) and hopefully that will make it go faster?

I was thinking if a tournament had to be had, perhaps have a 16-32 member maximum count (I'd go with 16). The participants would literally be first come, first served (no alts, however). Perhaps Kamui and other GM's could be judges, or anyone really.
To speed up the process, stress activity. Normally in a fight, you get what, one-two weeks of inactivity before you have to post? For a tournament, make it 2-3 days, else you get dq'd. That would force people to post and fight, or be eliminated to speed it up.
Also make it ooc, as that makes sense. That's how I'd run it anyway, seems the easiest and quickest.
I'd also only limit other people and alts to be the only ones not able to enter. And perhaps to make sure the tournament doesn't overwhelmingly have too many people from one side, put a limit of like 3 members from any organization/village. But mostly first come, first serve as 2-3 from each village is unfair to other clans and the smaller villages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So those are the current guidelines Trev and myself have proposed and I'm going to try and mix them into a current template...
Max of 32 champions. 2 from each village max; kusa, kumo, Oto, Iwa. Any village has a max of 2 champions. Villages DO NOT have to participate. Champions are to be chosen by the kage/council of the village. I do not care how the village chooses their champions. The villages will have ONE WEEK to choose these people. Those without a village can enter as they please.
To speed up the process a inactivity time of 3-5 days will render you to forfeit the match and be DQ'ed from the competition. After such you CANNOT re-enter under any terms regardless of inactivity reason.
NO ALTS. If we find out you do have an alt you will automatically be DQ'ed, all characters. If we find later you indeed won the bijuu with an alt, stripped. (This is to be debated)
As for judges...I think Kamui comes to mind for everyone. And I insist on having 3 judges and 3 fights to take place at one time.

Tournament gets its own quote.  ;)

I disagree with the idea of 2 folks from the villages on a first come, first serve basis. I mean, jeez, look at what we had to do to get people looking on the forum; Shadow and others had to post a link in the village boards.

I say 1 person from the villages/organizations, first come first serve, with a limit of 5 days for the selection process. Why one? Well, if we go with the 16 max, then that means that 8 organizations at maximum could participate (assuming they each send 2 and manage to get them in) and that said members of the organization might would have to fight each other at some point. Which would likely defeat the purpose of sending 2 in the first place.

By sending just one, then that will broaden the spectrum of groups who can send a rep to try for the beast, especially since unaffiliated ninja have almost free jump on it (presuming we don't change that soon), and it would also make the first-come-first-serve just a little fairer, unless we see mass defections/disaffiliations in order to shove more people from a similar cause into the tourney, in which case we would need to keep an eye on that.

This tourney would have to be OOC, otherwise it would take even more time for reasons that should be obvious: everyone would have to RP gather in one place and since the fights will be IC, the sword will be drawn even moreso in order to keep character death from occurring.

A more local tournament could be held if and only if that is the only way to decide who gets it within the village in a non-middle-of-battle-situation where the jinch goes inactive. I would advise against that and just go with chain of command, but just throwing it out there.

How are we going to check alts, by the way? Because we all know that it will be attempted and, if the right people do it, it will succeed in deciding the fate of a a participant or two. Other than maybe Neji via the PvP system, there is hardly any way to tell that one computer is being used for multiple accounts definitively.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:43 AM »

I'll concede to Eric with the whole 1 max for each organization (Maybe incorporate what Uetto said and if spots are still open, then maybe one more can join?) For the sake of fairness and to make rounds easier, it has to be 16. If there aren't 16 people who want to participate, it must run at 8.

I say this was say 10 people sign up, unless we incorporated like a fatal four way or something (will take longer) two people will get a bye and that's unfair.

I 100% agree with the ooc. It will make things much easier, and I would gamble and say faster. People are less likely to complain every post if the only negative is a loss, rather than character death. IC is cool, but for this purpose ooc is better.

As for local tournaments, well if the active leaders want to decide the biju that way, go for it. However if they do nothing in the two weeks, global tournament.

As for alts, there is no real way to determine one, besides common knowledge. Like people know some of Shadow's alts, or Hazama's, or Yumei's etc. If we know you're one dq. But I don't see a way to positively find out if someone if an alt, if they hide it well enough. Heck I could be your alt Eric! Jokes aside, there is no real way that I know of to determine this. People just got to be vigilant and if it's discovered, they get dq'd.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:19 AM »

Could we not have a mod check into it? Like Kamui for instance? I'm not sure if he has that power or not but he has always been willing to help in these sort of things before. So could he not check for alts? If it is only 16 accounts that shouldn't be to hard right?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 07:55:28 AM »

Well cheaters will cheat. And there is no way around it. So I say if that is how you have to be, go for it. I don't think we need to be making up a butt tons of rules to punish people who are not cheaters just incase some cheaters are around. This isn't the launch codes to the missile silos we are talking about but a game.

So how about this...considering how low activity is and all.

You let anyone join the tourney.

You get 2 weeks to get the thing organized, not completed. That is a fairy tale and won't ever happen.

And then whoever wins has the beasty. And then they start their grace period. All OOC.

What parameters will be for the tourny fight?

KG? Implants? Any restrictions at all or just come as you are?

And...I suggest this.

No bitching. You just fight back and forth 12 posts each. Then it is done. The match is read. A winner named and they go to round 2 to wait for an opponent. Have the tourney here for the ease of the judge reading.

No voiding allowed. You gotta figure out how to deal with what you get...for a change. We used to do that you know, when someone auto hit us we just wrote it out of our reply and moved on.

Second-to-last time I did that I still got auto-hit due to a ruling, as supposedly I should have contested a post that I saw as unfair instead of just proceeding. I presume then that we will not be having that be policy in these tourneys? Not to mention what if someone completely auto-dodges something clearly not so easily dodgeable by the way they composed? Are we permitted to bitch then and get a repost done?

And 2 weeks was only for the local ones, as they, in theory, it is merely an option in case a village would want to do it that way. I believe it will be a "come as you are" kind of thing for the sake of simplicity.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries.