Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Void all techniques (Those agreed on) Past chapter 600. [Mostly the dojutsu ones]

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Voiding of all new techniques past chapter 600?  (Read 14724 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Voiding of all new techniques past chapter 600?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

I think it's not so much that it's too fast, but the placement itself...with the second step. Instead of going directly straight how he usually does, he went above the kanji seal, thus throwing him off guard not to mention the last second teleport.

I see both of these attacks as legit. Why? All they're doing is holding a weapon. (Sword, rasengan, shiv, ect.) and then FTG to some location. If there just happens to be someone they want to kill before they reach point B, OR AT point B just use the weapon on them.

Still on SL we basically let people know when we use the tech as we have to be like "Hey yo, there's a marked kunai behind and....well I'mma let you finish in a min, but I'mma teleport there now." We don't go around spamming it unless you're Bocc and Dark and more or less just doing it for fun.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2014, 02:21:11 AM »

My point for why it could be considered not legit is that I don't want people to be going "No, you can't follow it, it says Sharingan cant follow it on the wiki, it is impossible."

It is not impossible, if correctly set up you would need to use some kind of instantaneous defense, but it is possible to survive it, is my point.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2014, 04:18:24 AM »

Indeed it can be defended against. It is not truly an instant attack. The teleportation is in an instant but the user still has to adapt to the shift in space and attack. Although, it may not take the longest to do that does open up a small gap to defend. I have defended against it before when Tomi used it or something similar using kenjutsu. I think of many more jutsu that are harder to defend against.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 05:09:28 AM »

My point for why it could be considered not legit is that I don't want people to be going "No, you can't follow it, it says Sharingan cant follow it on the wiki, it is impossible."

It is not impossible, if correctly set up you would need to use some kind of instantaneous defense, but it is possible to survive it, is my point.

Impossible to survive it? you would not need an instanenous defense, imho; with the sharingan, you would be able to see the marker. Tobirama, in the series, used smoke to mask Izuna's vision before hurlingj the kunai, greatly reducing his reaction time by literally having the technique come as a surprise.

Then of course you have Obito who saw the marker, let it phase through him, and expected to grab Minato; course, the guy timed it so perfectly that by the time Obito realized he would be grabbing no yellow flash, the technique was already setup.

Surprise. Without the element of surprise, neither techniques require instant defense.

Now, if you are caught off guard, then well, that is another matter. but who seriously gets caught off guard in SL anymore?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 05:33:44 AM »

Impossible to survive it? you would not need an instanenous defense, imho; with the sharingan, you would be able to see the marker. Tobirama, in the series, used smoke to mask Izuna's vision before hurlingj the kunai, greatly reducing his reaction time by literally having the technique come as a surprise.

Then of course you have Obito who saw the marker, let it phase through him, and expected to grab Minato; course, the guy timed it so perfectly that by the time Obito realized he would be grabbing no yellow flash, the technique was already setup.

Surprise. Without the element of surprise, neither techniques require instant defense.

Now, if you are caught off guard, then well, that is another matter. but who seriously gets caught off guard in SL anymore?

That was what I meant by, "If you correctly set it up."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »

That was what I meant by, "If you correctly set it up."

Other than preventing the technique from being executed in the first place, yes, it would be very hard to dodge if set up correctly.

The user teleports to a marked target, with weapon in hand, to instantaneously deliver a swift, devastating slash to his opponent. The sheer speed of this technique, is such that even an individual who possesses the Sharingan is unable to react in time.

It never says that the sharingan cannot follow it. It simply states that even an individual possessing the sharingan is unable to react in time, particularly if the target is marked.

In the series, Izuna himself was not marked, but meh, what zee wikia says.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »

I just realized that when I killed, I think his name was Shindo, in my attack on Oto I totally did him in with Hiraishin-Giri, just without realizing that was what I was doing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.