Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Active (and possibly Community-Chosen) Game Masters  (Read 9806 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Active (and possibly Community-Chosen) Game Masters
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 05:04:32 AM »

I'm glad we have Isa here to judge who should or shouldn't be one, considering I've had to report him every time he directs a forum post at me. He clearly knows what abuse is all about.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »

So for the most part Dark fits all descriptions. Not much to fill out at this point.

Thank you Bocc for once again trying to start something. No. DO NOT do this or I will report you both. Bocc you mostly. Don't start shit. Isa you if you respond ignore him. Moving on.

Dark, I made a topic about him being mod. Thoughts go there. For the most part my 'layout' is fine then?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »

So for the most part Dark fits all descriptions. Not much to fill out at this point.

Thank you Bocc for once again trying to start something. No. DO NOT do this or I will report you both. Bocc you mostly. Don't start shit. Isa you if you respond ignore him. Moving on.

Dark, I made a topic about him being mod. Thoughts go there. For the most part my 'layout' is fine then?

I'm not doing anything. No one besides me or Kayenta is remotely active and knows anything about Iwa so Isaribi insults me for no reason.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:43 AM »

You retorted. Thus starting something instead of ignoring it. I'm asking you both to ignore each other and no longer insult one another honestly. Back on topic of GM layout. Go to sl in pms for further stuff if you must. Not on here.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 05:47:12 AM »

Thank you Shadow for playing the role of a forum moderator but I would however like to point out that Bocchiere was actually not trying to start something. If for once people would stop looking at others and judging them on their past actions and moreso on their personal feelings against each other, maybe this game would run a little more smoothly?

My point? If you have nothing nice to say, all of you, don't say it at all.

By all means, I'm not done. Wait for my next post now. There's a lot I'm going to address but I needed this out first. It seems we need someone who isn't bias aka a moderator (because that's what we do). Ahem.
~~ The Epic Moments on AIM ~~
Me: You're the bigger one. You should be making me less bored.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--
>> Gotta love little big sis and big lil' bro moments.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 05:58:36 AM »

So did Neji ask all the inactive mods then? I know Taraka and Rinoa said they weren't told about it and they are actually active, and that's about 80% of the active mods.

I don't really know...apparently you were lied to by them? If I remember correctly Rinoa WAS part of the small group that decided. I may be wrong, but...let me check to see if I still have the pms.

"""If you get stuff out of context, only parts are seen.

I asked around the mods of suitable new people to hire, two were mentioned and agreed by most.
We had no official "we're hiring" up at this time. When picking one guy, I like it usually faster than skimming through all kinds of applications.

He had the impression he just asked ;) because that's what I wanted him to think. After we already made the decision, he wrote a "make me mod!" mail, and I just wrote "ok".
Now all is in turmoil, and I snicker from time to time about that :P

I don't regularly monitor activity of mods - giving them a bit more freedom than other sites.
Rather a few more and some inactive, than a few who have a tight schedule and a lot on their shoulders."""

Out of my personal messages cause I feel the community who fund and continue this site should know how things are handled. That was with Neji I had one of two others telling me...

Kamui, Taraka, Rinoa, and Zimzamboo were all in the group that I can recall. May be faulty info, but I doubt it.

You fail to realize your error in reading Neji's reply to you, as well as my reply to you and any other moderator's reply to you. We all told you (and it is clear as day in Neji's response) that Nathan was not chosen by the Staff but rather by Neji himself because Nathan asked for it. Yes he mentioned two were agreed upon however neither candidates were Nathan. I am not saying I am displeased with the decision however. I love having Nathan as a fellow staff member. He was though an untraditional choice in the manner he was given his promotion.

Now I can go on and on and quote every single error in all of these lengthy forum posts but I'm not going to do that. I'll just do my very best to address what I wish.

Please recall, players, that Shinobi Legends is a free roleplaying game. The word free does not apply to only the price, but also to how a player can roleplay. This means that we do not limit the creativity or the skills a player wishes to bring to the community. I would only hope that one day our players can function together as a well respected community and understand simple things, however, words on a screen all irk us IRL and that's why we moderators are put in place.

Game masters appointed by the mass of players in my personal opinion seems like a bad idea solely due to the fact that the mass will have a bias and then unfair treatment will be given without control. It will look like "the boy who cried wolf" because the mass will deny that any wrongdoings have occurred. Please note I am giving a negative scenario, not accusing the mass of our community of doing such a thing.

To prevent the bias from occurring, we have moderators and game masters appointed by the owner himself. He at the end of the day makes the decisions.

Now to be in favor of this movement, I would also like to state that I personally believe that this was the Kage's responsibility. In the sense that basically if you want to run a damn village, you best be prepared to interact with all of your villagers and give them stuff to do. Promote activity. It's your village; why let it die? With that being said, if this makes any sense to anyone reading this, why do we need to appoint game masters? It is widely accepted by each individual village as to who the current and/or next kage is; let's leave it at that.

To end on a positive note: I would like to stroke my ego a little and thank you all for saying that I am a good moderator/game master. I personally think I suck because I always try to remain neutral in all regards. I may be friends with like 90% of the community but that doesn't mean I will take sides. But again, thank you.

If there is something I've mentioned but you have questions on, please feel free to directly contact me as all of you have ways of doing so in the immediate sense.

That is all.

Also: I will lock this thread if I see any more issues. Please be courteous to other players. This is a warning.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 06:28:03 AM »

Rinoa's reply made me smile. I have to say she makes a lot of sense.

We have very many people...WE ARE IN CONTROL...elite positions out there: Kage, Elite Swordsmen, Primary Village Medic, Arch Villians, ANBU Captains, Jinchuuriki and the like.

These people should be doing their jobs. Stimulating RP and creating activities for people to do.

However, things would go a whole lot smoother if indeed when you have nothing nice to say you just don't say anything at all. WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF THIS. The biggest issue around here that I see is failure to moderate your own behavior.

Someone mentioned it earlier: when a person has been called upon by the community to look into a dispute, if the ruling is not to one's liking it is ignored and the little troll in each and everyone of us comes out to show his behind. Having more people to stand in for this position is not going to make people respect or listen or fail to fit throw when a ruling does not come down in their personal favor.

Self moderation WILL fix this problem though. Review sportsmanlike behavior, I know we all were trained during Kindergarten on how to treat each other.

Personally I believe we CAN work together without someone making a head to rule over us. We have done it in the past on numerous occassions and I still have not lost hope that WE can do this again in the future.

It is way past time to put the ill deeds of others out of our minds and start fresh from today and move forward. Not one of us can claim to have not crossed the line more than once in one way or another. But we CAN all claim a sense of love for SL and the community. Otherwise we would not be here. We CAN claim creativity and a willingness to explore and collaborate. We have done it in the past. We are doing it now. We can get better.

I think it was Genesis who nearly had a heart attack to see Bocchiere and myself RPing one day and getting along in Kirigakure. If we can bury the hatchet...and not in each other's skulls...I see no reason why everyone can not do the same.

We are in real danger of throwing away something unique here through our own stubbornness and childish behaviors that can never be replaced or duplicated. I for one would like to hold onto this make believe world a little longer if that is at all possible. I think you would too.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 06:39:29 AM »

Wow seems more like a rally of sorts now. I don't like it. No, back on topic and enough of this self epiphany check yourself ordeal.

I feel like I'm a kid asking his parents about something and neither are wanting me to know so they're both giving me bullshit excuses to keep me pleased.
So Nathan was picked cause he asked, awesome. GG Neji and staff, GG. Though I find that hard to believe. Neji isn't that careless. Is he?

SL isn't free. It's only free due to the players funding it. It's OUR site.
Game Masters appointed by the players is a bad idea? I do no get that. Neji doesn't give much of a care about rp and yet you endorse him appointing GMs instead of the players who are actually in the rp? What? I don't really care who he appoints as mods, just in Nathans case that seems like shit to me how he was promoted. Not saying he's a bad choice. GM's should be the communities choice. The reason is above. Neji doesn't do rp; the community does.

Rinoa you are broadly trying to patch everything in one go. That won't happen as it can't happen. Kage are there to control ranks and, yes do village activities. But when you're a kage you are usually for your own village. You don't see out President going for the Chinese leader. GM's are not what you seem to be describing. We are looking more for RP judges now. We can take care of setting up events ourselves.
Judges if a decision cannot be made by the players involved in the rp will make the decision for them. That's what we mostly want.

We cannot moderate ourselves if we find ourselves to be in the right. We want mods who people respect and listen to, if the majority of the community appoints them there's a better chance of them listening. For the most of what I've seen judges picked by the players ARE being listened to.

I'm done with this for a few moments.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 06:50:50 AM »

Does anyone else think this reply was very insulting or am I just being silly?

It does however exemplify the negative behavior I meant when you don't get the answer you wanted.

As I recall Dark started this to talk about GMs not Nathan getting a staff slot. He should have asked for arbitrators, because this seems to be what is meant. A GM stimulates rp...does not play referee. I think we hardly need more targets for people to be nasty to when they don't get their way.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »

If you intended for judges then that itself should have been explicitly stated.

However this thread was made for the intent of promoting players within to become Game Masters to promote activity.

Thank you Kay for beating me to it ^^; you said everything I wanted.
--

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 06:57:52 AM »

Does anyone else think this reply was very insulting or am I just being silly?

It does however exemplify the negative behavior I meant when you don't get the answer you wanted.

As I recall Dark started this to talk about GMs not Nathan getting a staff slot. He should have asked for arbitrators, because this seems to be what is meant. A GM stimulates rp...does not play referee. I think we hardly need more targets for people to be nasty to when they don't get their way.

You're being silly. I'm a bit irritated, I didn't insult you nor Rinoa in any way, you are both nice girls. I disagree with you on some things. Outside of rp stuff, I could talk to you both quite easily without issues. I don't hold stuff against people for disagreeing on some things. No one should.

Nathan is a bit off topic, yes. But people were trying to mix GM and Mod together. Not the same thing. Anywho, we're using GM cause that's the 'official' title for rp personal. I put GM/Judge cause I'm not sure which to put anymore in some cases.

Refer to my comment on the Darkshinobi as Judge topic.

Players who are arguing; AGREE ON THE SAME JUDGE. When that judge makes a choice about who is right and if a side disagrees then they are SOL. They both agreed on the judge. Just because they didn't get their choice doesn't mean they can go against everyone now.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 07:08:14 AM »

I would also like to state off hand and a bit off topic that the Gardens is in fact a legit roleplay section <_<

But carry on, everyone.
--

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 07:09:52 AM »

I would also like to state off hand and a bit off topic that the Gardens is in fact a legit roleplay section <_<

But carry on, everyone.

Mainstream fighting isn't in the gardens.

That's for pleasure rp. No one has an issue with that kind.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 07:13:25 AM »

Pleasure? Oh baby.

Again, it was off topic and meant to lighten the situation a bit. All of this angst got me hot and heavy at such a late hour.
--

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »

Pleasure? Oh baby.

Again, it was off topic and meant to lighten the situation a bit. All of this angst got me hot and heavy at such a late hour.

Priya, please ~ <3

No, but seriously back on topic.

At this point I want judges, not sure about GM's.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.