Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Active (and possibly Community-Chosen) Game Masters  (Read 9789 times)

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Active (and possibly Community-Chosen) Game Masters
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »

So, what's so special about being verified then? :o

Players know you can be trusted more so than others.

If we have to take a vote on that sort of thing, then I question the legitimacy of said verified chars. Among the judges both verified and not, there are certain views on how RP should be dictated; they may or may not adapt to the party in question in doing so.

What I am getting at is that people already know who they would pick as a judge; verifying seems both unnecessary and a sort of uncalled for propping for certain players. Some are more suitable for judging RP than others, but this "verification by community vote" feels like a way of discounting decent, unbaised judges in favor of the ones who are verified of sorts.

Which, again, is a bit unecessary imho.

Rp isn't so vastly different that it needs to be dictated differently. There are details that impact the decision, yes. They get to pick the judge as always.

What's the point of verifying anything then? In this case it's to let players who may not know who to trust, have people they can turn to. Sure people like you and I are well adapted in who to trust as a judge and who not to. However not everyone is us.

Verified = You can trust this player, known by the community, ect.

Once again not everyone knows. Some rando could pose and be like I'm so good at rp and can judge really great, yet they can't.

So in essence, it is for the newer players to know who to turn to if they are scoodled on who can decide/judge a fight for them? At this point, all I have left is nitpick, so I suppose there is not much of an argument I can put up against that in particular. For the newbies ahoy I guess.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zimzamboo

• Ascend beyond the human condition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 10:23:04 AM »

8) I am too cool, and by cool, I mean busy, to be super RP active, though I am active in RP on a certain alt or two. Just night in the limelight main war scene.
Ascend beyond the human condition.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »

I am not against the idea of having community chosen people.

Why I am hesitant is relatively easy: it might incite a discussion about power - and of groups forming up for either the one or the other GM candidate.
Then we have the entire discussion on "how to RP" taken to the next level.

I really dislike to make RP being rule-bound. It is the participating parties that make good RP possible. /game is only a very minor command you can use. GMs can not do much more.

At best chosen GMs are not the ones who are the most active or the ones who people vote in (*hint* politicians *hint*) but those are the best fit.

The general /game ability should stick to only a few ones, possibly nominated by moderators.
Usually it worked really well these past years.

For special zones I am open to put suggestions in here.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:31 PM »

And if it's anything about FTG. You will be over-ruled.
xD

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »

Forgive me if this was mentioned as I only read some of the comments on the first page, but wouldn't be easier if the GMs that active people that are periodically chosen. This is what I mean....

Neji can release a list of top 20 (or top 30) most active people on SL in the past 6 months. We vote for 4 people from that list to be GMs for 3 or 4 months. Then at the end of their term, Neji releases another list of most active SL members and again, we choose 4 from that list.

Because in the end, you can choose whoever you want as GM but if you're not going to be active long, then you will just encounter the same problem over and over again. At least this way, you are guarantee a set of active GMs.

Now, is there a chance that top active people are not even RPers (you know, people who come to only chat and/or use turns)? Of course, but then we have a short RP guide that they can read (or someone can make RP guidelines that GMs will use to judge a post). But for now, let's assume the odds of that happening are nearly 0%. >.>

This idea assumes that Neji can find out who is the most active members on SL and release that information. And of course, this is a basic idea that needs more details but we can all talk about that later if the majority agrees to this idea. >.>

#ShinobiDemocracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.