Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Get rid of the bijuu  (Read 10228 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Get rid of the bijuu
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

And that, is why you put said land to use, Eric. If there's nothing worth mention in those places, then all you gotta do is make some.

Also, I'd rather said people have fun with those other things, rather than fight over them >_> not to be mistaken as advocating for never ending tea parties, I just happen to know for a fact its quite possible to go on adventures and stuff without the need to squabble on here about every action.

Put said land to use doing... What? Producing the Icha Icha series?  Apologies if I cannot creatively think of what you would do with the land at this hour, but I can hardly see anything zone fight related that you could do with the land without some squabble.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »

That's your issue, everything has to be fight fight fight.

Discover and create, adventure, reclaim. Me? I'm restoring a long dead land and culture, there's people helping me, they're actually having fun with it, a couple of others are expressing possible interest to join in later too.

Best part? I haven't had to smack anybody up the face.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »

That's your issue, everything has to be fight fight fight.

Discover and create, adventure, reclaim. Me? I'm restoring a long dead land and culture, there's people helping me, they're actually having fun with it, a couple of others are expressing possible interest to join in later too.

Best part? I haven't had to smack anybody up the face.

Well, the only way for biju to shift hands without surrendering them all the time is to fight for them. Since getting rid of the biju IS the topic at hand, it would make sense that the RP most affected would be combat related ones in the fighting for the tailed beast section of the SL list of problems?

I don't want to come off as a smart aleck, but discovering, creating, adventuring, reclaim and all is fun, but is irrelevant when speaking of how effective it would be getting rid of the tailed beasts. There would be more time for those events, yes, but at the same time, I don't see how that is an argument for not getting rid of the tailed beasts. Sounds like all the more reason to get rid of them so that more attention can be focused on constructive RP.

Fights may come up, about who owns what land and all that, but that does not require special rules. It's already ingrained into the SL system (somewhere, been awhile since I've seen a land grab fight) and does not require extra-legislation just to manage.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

I'll rephrase.

You claim RP involving land and such is pointless, and that only thing worth fighting for are the bijuu.

I disagree for multiple reasons. Simple as that.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »

I'll rephrase.

You claim RP involving land and such is pointless, and that only thing worth fighting for are the bijuu.

I think Warren's really just offering up more creative ideas. If Sabu finds out that he's standing on top of a giant tomb in the desert, he might potentially try and take it just because it's dope.
The bijū offer automatic power to anyone, but I can think of a million reasons my character would want the temple thingy. Maybe Eric wouldn't have the same uses. But the point is that each character makes their own choices based on who they are.

As for the bijū, I honestly don't care either way. If you can all agree to suspend them, then I won't complain, but if you can't then that's that. Personally, I think they're a fun RP tool that's easy to abuse, that's all. And with SL, anything easy to abuse is abused. I mean damn, look at my character, I'm guilty of that. Have you seen what I claim with Ototon? <_<
I think that getting rid of them will piss people off but also incite more creative RP, potentially. Will it get rid of people yelling at each other? No. Will it make everyone happy? No. But not everyone is always going to be happy. Ever.

Maybe we could test the waters? Suspend the bijū for like a month or two and then regroup and discuss? That way we get a feel for it and if we like it we're already done with all the work? Just throwing out ideas here. Again honestly I don't give a single curse word about it but that's just me. I can have creative RPs with or without them, they hardly dictate my character or what he does.

edit: removed a stupid thing
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:28:31 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »

I'll rephrase.

Alright, I see no reason not to get rid of the tailed beasts then. I can't fight the logic that you disagree, for reasons, that the tailed beasts have caused more fuss than necessary, especially when there are so many options out there for RP that do not involve the creatures.

I'll rephrase.

I think Warren's really just offering up more creative ideas. If Sabu finds out that he's standing on top of a giant tomb in the desert, he might potentially try and take it just because it's dope.
The bijū offer automatic power to anyone, but I can think of a million reasons my character would want the temple thingy. Maybe Eric wouldn't have the same uses. But the point is that each character makes their own choices based on who they are.

As for the bijū, I honestly don't care either way. If you can all agree to suspend them, then I won't complain, but if you can't then that's that. Personally, I think they're a fun RP tool that's easy to abuse, that's all. And with SL, anything easy to abuse is abused. I mean damn, look at my character, I'm guilty of that. Have you seen what I claim with Ototon? <_<
I think that getting rid of them will piss people off but also incite more creative RP, potentially. Will it get rid of people yelling at each other? No. Will it make everyone happy? No. But not everyone is always going to be happy. Ever.

Maybe we could test the waters? Suspend the bijū for like a month or two and then regroup and discuss? That way we get a feel for it and if we like it we're already done with all the work? Just throwing out ideas here. Again honestly I don't give a single curse word about it but that's just me. I can have creative RPs with or without them, they hardly dictate my character or what he does...

I can agree with this. With Warren and others as my witnesses, I have before tried RP's that don't involved beasts, (especially before I became a host) and I can certainly do them again as well. With or without the weight of being jumped in the fields.  :shock:

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

To be honest, I LOVE the idea of a reason for people to just attack my character. Seriously, I'd be super down for ambushes or people following me when I go adventuring. It's great fun, it just ends up a shouting match because I'm whiny. :/

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »

Hm...the point I went into going after bijuu was to get them to active people. I don't care much about anything else. Active people make rp.

For me I'm good with the holders as of now. All active. And I have a bijuu I can make rp with.

These beasts do cause rp to happen. It's just that people let their egos and such get in the way.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »

Hm...the point I went into going after bijuu was to get them to active people. I don't care much about anything else. Active people make rp.

For me I'm good with the holders as of now. All active. And I have a bijuu I can make rp with.

These beasts do cause rp to happen. It's just that people let their egos and such get in the way.

Took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I wanted to say.
~~ The Epic Moments on AIM ~~
Me: You're the bigger one. You should be making me less bored.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--
>> Gotta love little big sis and big lil' bro moments.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 05:38:53 AM »

I personally don't see any reason to remove Bijuu from SL. This is basically an issue about real life matters isn't it? It could just be me though.

If we didn't have Bijuu then Bocch would be forced to attack villages almost always. It's his hobby. At that note he'd probably just plot to conquer the shinobi world.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 06:20:20 AM »

From what I seen there have been more fights about Bijuu on the forums than actual productive RPs battles with them.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 05:24:28 PM »

Quoiting myself cause I'm a narcissistic asshole. But really THAT is why.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »

In short:
From what I seen there have been more fights about Bijuu on the forums than actual productive RPs battles with them.

At length:

Quoiting myself cause I'm a narcissistic asshole. But really THAT is why.

What is the point of RP if it is never finished, and/or causes more discontent than satisfaction? Nobody is playing this for life, just for their idea of fun. And no offense, but my idea of fun has not been what has gone down in the biju fights of the past, nor are the discussions that come up regarding them 3/4's of the time. Though I admit taking some pleasure in seeing some exceptions coming through fine.

Imho, it is just not worth the trouble.

You can speak of egos and stuff, but egos generally become an issue when there are fights involved. The only way biju are exchange except between parties of good will is through some fighting mechanism. So ultimately, the cycle of fighting causing real fighting that, frankly, is not controllable without totalitarian restrictions, the likes of which will make this process even more rigid than it already is.

You could just give the biju to like-minded folks who are not prone to arguing, but that is somewhat subjective to the whims of the like-minded who set up the first set of dominos.

instead of continuing to argue as to why get rid of them, I am beginning to wonder why keep them in the first place. What do we even use/keep the beasts for in actual RP (aside as collector's items, arbitrary if not unnecessary power-ups, and occasional chat partner)

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »

Like I said, people are the problem, not the biju. And I for one thinking getting rid of a major component of Naruto is laughable. Even if you get rid of them, people will continue to fight, forum topics will still be made complaining about people, etc. You solve nothing, and you're taking away a component of Naruto.

I don't know why you view this as the ultimate solution to SL, it won't stop the arguing. Only people changing their behavior or stricter mods will change that.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

Also then you will have to deal with the topics arguing to bring them back.

In the end this topic will go nowhere. The bijuu will not be opted out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.