Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inactive Rpers refusing techniques.  (Read 4413 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Inactive Rpers refusing techniques.
« on: September 28, 2014, 03:18:19 AM »

This is something that's happened to myself and others more than once and I just wanted to open up a discussion to see if anyone feels like I do about this.

The point of this post is to say that I think it's kind of annoying to be a completely inactive character,  and create and claim jutsu and then deny the same jutsu to other people.  And it seems like these people sometimes get online specifically to tell people who ask them to teach them techniques 'no.' I just don't think it's cool to be claiming a bunch of techniques and all of this and that, that no one else can ever use ever. and then not using them.  I mean it might just be me but I just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way about this as I do. I don't think someone should be allowed to sit on a jutsu if their character is inactive to an outrageous degree. If someone were to invent a jutsu and then stop doing anything in life ever, it's not impossible for someone else to discover the jutsu in the same fashion that the original did. :o

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Inactive Rpers refusing techniques.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »

The only thing I'd say about the claimed list, is make an inactivity rule. If so and so don't log on for 30 days, they're claims are up for grasp, etc. Though that already might be a rule.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »

See yeah I agree with that completely, how could we get it pushed through to be a rule?

a 30-day claim rule sounds like a good idea to me, It would force people get online and rp, or void their claims and give them to people who will use them

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 05:50:35 AM »

To push it, you just got to get a lot of people to agree, but at the end of the day you have to talk to Yumei. He owns the wiki and is responsible for the claim page and rules.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 05:55:43 AM »

Tried it before, didn't work.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:48:57 AM »

I'd like to try to get this pushed through, but I'm not sure quite how to get it started.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 07:49:55 AM »

I'd like to try to get this pushed through, but I'm not sure quite how to get it started.

Let's start with the samples at hand rather than going umbrella style. 30 days seems to be the limit, but what kind of techniques are allowed to be learned by others if the creator is inactive? If the player(s) in question are not active anyways, I am surprised they would give any wanks about other people using it anyways unless they are very special techniques.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 08:11:53 AM »

That's the thing, most of the time the people who own these techniques will get on to the Wiki to remove you from something they own, even though they haven't rp'd in the actual game with it for some time.

but you raise a good point, We'd have to come up with some guidelines. We'd have to move through the list, to figure out which techniques are owned by inactive characters, and then sift through that list to take any out that we believe shouldn't be able to just be claimed by anyone, How does that sound? I could go through the wiki and get the list of techniques owned by inactive users

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »

Allow me to lighten your burden. Anything claimed by Yumei.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »

Allow me to lighten your burden. Anything claimed by Yumei.

And that's the thing, if Yumei is a case in point, it's his wikia; though perhaps questionable RP-wise, he isn't entirely in the wrong for altering things of that sort on his site. If it's merely an issue with the wikia changes, just use an alternate site for storage of such stuff, or merely in addition to the narutowikia.

That's the thing, most of the time the people who own these techniques will get on to the Wiki to remove you from something they own, even though they haven't rp'd in the actual game with it for some time.

but you raise a good point, We'd have to come up with some guidelines. We'd have to move through the list, to figure out which techniques are owned by inactive characters, and then sift through that list to take any out that we believe shouldn't be able to just be claimed by anyone, How does that sound? I could go through the wiki and get the list of techniques owned by inactive users

Nevermind going technique by technique, let's just find a technique or two to use as a sample to make the guideliness. I imagine it would take a very long time to go through all of them without any sort of guideline first.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »

I mean for real, most the of the techniques that have just a single inactive user are Yumei's.

If we want to pick two as a hypothetical example for this then let's say Zojin's Heavenly Transfer Technique and Sasori's Human Puppet ability. Just throwing that out there as two jutsu that have only one inactive user.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »

Of course you're only really subjecting yourself to the whole claiming nonsense if you use the wiki anyways. Alternatively you could not give a damn and do what you please, claim what you wish if you can legitly obtain it, but as mentioned before its a whole different matter as to how many will actually acknowledge your doings after that.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »

Yeah but you can't claim whatever you want, because Yumei watches all his claims like a hawk, never uses them, be he'll know if you put your name up there.

If you do whatever you want people will just ignore you, kinda like Kobayashi Toshiro, his stuff is just ridiculousness.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »

Well, why not just prevent the claiming of canon techniques not considered OP? Seems like the easiest solution.

The more harder solution would be to monitoring the owners of these claims, and allowing others to also claim it (but not strip them of claim or anything) after a certain amount of time of inactivity to be determined. That is more difficult and almost makes it as troublesome keeping up as tailed beasts, and we defintiely don't want another section regarding that...

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »

Guys, let's think real carefully about this. Do we really want any scrub to have the ability to claim the following, and use them all in unison?

Body-Splitting Technique
Dust Release
Earth Grudge Fear
Flight Technique
Flying Thunder God Technique
Healing Power
Jashinistic Immortality
Mind's Eye of the Kagura
Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation

When I say any scrub, I'm talking about the average person who comes around to start as a Chunin or Jounin and then automatically be able to use all these techniques? Sure you can call them out on some chakra usage, but it takes only one scrub to create a chain reaction of other scrubs coming about and using them too.

And before you try to call out Bocc as a reason, I'll have to remind you guys that he's worked for a lot of these here and there, and built up a large enough chakra capacity to utilize some of these techniques. Same as any other strong and notable people.

Now if we're talking about inactive claims, we also have to talk about what is considered "inactive". Are we talking about logging-in inactive, or RP-active? Either way, Yūmei has been active in both in some way, shape or form. If you really want an already-claimed technique, you would go about and either challenge them for it (which they can deny) or go find them in RP. Or you can make up your own original techniques, so long as they make sense.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.