Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Inactive Rpers refusing techniques.  (Read 4408 times)

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inactive Rpers refusing techniques.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 05:56:09 AM »

Well, why not just prevent the claiming of canon techniques not considered OP? Seems like the easiest solution...

Except for Body-Splitting Technique and Mind's Eye of the Kagura, I would consider the list below relatively OP and thus not up for random claimimg:

Guys, let's think real carefully about this. Do we really want any scrub to have the ability to claim the following, and use them all in unison?

Body-Splitting Technique
Dust Release
Earth Grudge Fear
Flight Technique
Flying Thunder God Technique
Healing Power
Jashinistic Immortality
Mind's Eye of the Kagura
Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation...

...Now if we're talking about inactive claims, we also have to talk about what is considered "inactive". Are we talking about logging-in inactive, or RP-active? Either way, Yūmei has been active in both in some way, shape or form. If you really want an already-claimed technique, you would go about and either challenge them for it (which they can deny) or go find them in RP. Or you can make up your own original techniques, so long as they make sense.

RP (or at least zone) active, where the techniques would actually be used. Just logging in really wouldn't fall under the active criteria.

Making up your own original techniques similar to the canon ones seems like a decent idea, as long as shenanigans are not called if it is too similar.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »

I have a couple of things to say....

First...Just because Yumei was nice enough to create a site for us to use for bios and whatnot does not mean he makes rules for SL. he will tell you as much for himself. I have seen it mentioned a couple of times here lately about what Yumei allows for RP...and that is just a bad assumption and needs to stop.

We decide what we want to do and what we do not want to do when it comes to rp.

Secondly...

this issue of claiming stuff has been turned inside out and upside down a million times, WE discuss what jutsu should be allowed, We discuss who should have it. We discuss how it should be nerfed or buffed. and it all comes back round to who is making the rules and if they do not fit with my personal style of rp or no.

More and more as we get into these topics I am going back to my original stance. Rules stink and you do not have the right to enforce them upon me or anyone. Even if this is like an ostritch putting its head into the sand, I do believe this. but how to avoid the problems that no rule, or too many rules create?

What if...

We made bios, listed out jutsu...like we are doing. and then ask for discussion upon them to be held. Focus on what YOU as an individual are doing instead of monitoring what someone else is doing.

Ask for the opinions of other with the stipulation that YOU have the final say on your character. in this way your creativity will not be hindered and you will be made away of how others are likely to react to certain claims you are making.

This is what Kobayashi Toshiro, whom you say had ridiculous claims, did when he was proposing some new powers for his character. It seemed to work out alright.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »

... Ask for the opinions of other with the stipulation that YOU have the final say on your character. in this way your creativity will not be hindered and you will be made away of how others are likely to react to certain claims you are making.

This is what Kobayashi Toshiro, whom you say had ridiculous claims, did when he was proposing some new powers for his character. It seemed to work out alright.

For the most part, we hardly have any problems with our own characters, exceptions of course being from here and between the moon. Yes, what Toshiro did seemed extremely odd for here on SL, but it wasn't a bad concept, especially due to the outlier nature of what he was fleshing out for his character. I mean, there are plenty of sages, but how many monks that have what he was proposing for his character?

It would require unique character building for that kind of thing to be more frequent. And frankly, we see what at least half the site considers cool for their characters.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »

Hi. I once again scanned over posts and such, so if I re-say something it's cause I'm too lazy to read.

Youme runs the site for us. He doesn't dictate what is what so long as it's common knowledge. (bijuu for example)

Anywhoooo. Claiming stuff...(Insert Dark Knight Joker laugh here) Funny idea....

Point is ditch the idea. I have no animosity when I say that. It's just I've tried before and regardless of what I thought then I now think differently.

Say I claim dokuton. Aight. Now say I go inactive for 165 days. You were up late one night looking at the SL wikia and found that out. Researching some and 'Hey!' dokuton is kickass. Now that I'm gone you want it.

Now we're here. At what point does it no longer belong to the creator(s) or the current caretaker(s)? 30 days is FAR too soon and 10 years is far too long. What if the person is inacitve in RP, but still gets on everyday? What if that person gets on a month after you 'steal' it? Do they get it back since THEY made it?

Guidelines are agreed here. Though I'm sure myself and others will be strict if any are made. You're trying to take someones stuff without asking. Though things like cannon techs may differ.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.