Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Re-build/Scrap  (Read 3433 times)

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
Re-build/Scrap
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:08:28 AM »

So I've been thinking since my timely return to SL (6-8 month hiatus) started working after college, etc etc and a bunch of real-life stuff. I've returned and under the same visage "Rinn" which is indeed an extension of myself being my one and only SL char. It's not that I'm not proud of what's happened so far but I was wondering if it's acceptable to simply re-make/ rebirth. In a sense..

Skill set, history every single thing about his background and abilities anew, even age I may want to implore several time-skips but nothing purely for the benefit of unlocking a new skill without earned time and substantial, legit proof.

My honest thing is, Kamui and the Rinnegan Sharingan combo. I mean so many uchihas are using that now. It's not that I don't stand out, it's that it's near "the norm" and I can be corrected if I'm wrong. I like that my character is balanced in contrast to alot of the power houses on SL (I call no names).

I was careful to limit myself to two elements even after acquiring the Rinnegan, I boosted reserves with Mokuton implanted succesfully for physical strength and regenerative purposes and even restricted my jikukan to a four-turn cool down. A power I've still yet to truly use to the full extent. Let's face it, does most even know wtf Rinn is?  :cool:

But anyway the main question for you SL community is; Can one simply scrap a character, re-start under the same name etc etc? I mean dependant on the circumstances how does the community take it? Is it frowned upon without reason? Am I making any sense?

Your thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated (pardon my grammar throughout the thread. I'm at work on day two of back-to-back fourteen hours shifts)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Re-build/Scrap
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:34:40 AM »

Go for it.

Good old boy Sabu has done this a few times if I'm not mistaken.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:59:51 AM »

Go for it.

"A few" 

But yeah, sure.  Re-invent away.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:36:09 AM »

Go for it.

"A few" 

Yeah a few, like how there are a few seconds in each day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »

So I've been thinking since my timely return to SL (6-8 month hiatus) started working after college, etc etc and a bunch of real-life stuff. I've returned and under the same visage "Rinn" which is indeed an extension of myself being my one and only SL char. It's not that I'm not proud of what's happened so far but I was wondering if it's acceptable to simply re-make/ rebirth. In a sense..

Skill set, history every single thing about his background and abilities anew, even age I may want to implore several time-skips but nothing purely for the benefit of unlocking a new skill without earned time and substantial, legit proof.

My honest thing is, Kamui and the Rinnegan Sharingan combo. I mean so many uchihas are using that now. It's not that I don't stand out, it's that it's near "the norm" and I can be corrected if I'm wrong. I like that my character is balanced in contrast to alot of the power houses on SL (I call no names).

I was careful to limit myself to two elements even after acquiring the Rinnegan, I boosted reserves with Mokuton implanted succesfully for physical strength and regenerative purposes and even restricted my jikukan to a four-turn cool down. A power I've still yet to truly use to the full extent. Let's face it, does most even know wtf Rinn is?  :cool:

But anyway the main question for you SL community is; Can one simply scrap a character, re-start under the same name etc etc? I mean dependant on the circumstances how does the community take it? Is it frowned upon without reason? Am I making any sense?

Your thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated (pardon my grammar throughout the thread. I'm at work on day two of back-to-back fourteen hours shifts)

As long as people do not get confused about which one you are. If you start fresh, truly fresh, not much should be carrying over as a result IC-wise.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:27:43 AM »

As long as people do not get confused about which one you are. If you start fresh, truly fresh, not much should be carrying over as a result IC-wise.

@ Eric

I totally get it Eric, I mean I'm still undecided at this point I'm having a hard time going through with it not because I don't like the idea but because so much thought and time was invested in where my character is now.... But at least I know, it's just tough to simply erase all I've done but sure helps to know. I'm not looking to carry over ANYTHING from previous if I do/did I don't know at this point I'm not certain whether I'll carry on or not. It's just truly a tough decision.

I personally do not like it. Because of discontinuity in storyline. If you erase yourself then OUR interaction did not happen and I have to rewrite stuff or say that the old you is now dead and blah blah. And this is why I have a million alts. lol

But there is nothing wrong with this in the lest. It is your character and the new you has the same name. so what? Create away and have fun.

However...do you have to start out as an acad? I would say absolutely not. Decide what you think sounds fair for this new character based on what seems logical to you. I personally think resets have nothing to do with rp.  So called 'earning things in the forest' when you can just buy a maxed out account and jump in as a god...that kind of negates the notion of legitimacy through resets in my book.

I would craft a background story that explains how and when your current 'new build' was obtained and then start rping from there.

Perfectly said Kayenta on a side note I like the way I'm neglected by you but no hard feelings.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »

Go for it.

"A few" 

I have done this a grand total of twenty-eight times.
Usually kept my salamander contract each time too <_<

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »

Go for it.

"A few" 

I have done this a grand total of twenty-eight times.
Usually kept my salamander contract each time too <_<

I am not sure which is stranger, the fact that you've done it that many times, or the fact that you have kept count.  ;)

so...call me simple but I neglect you? You want to kill me. I don' t want to rp where you try to kill me. I've done that to death...literally...

Yeah, he missed the "try to kill Kay and her villagers" opportunity era. Maybe it will open back up again in a few months, or years, or never, but I would say only characters like Tomi have had so many people try to kill him/her over a period of time, and in the case of Tomi, it was like, all at once at one point.

@ Eric

I totally get it Eric, I mean I'm still undecided at this point I'm having a hard time going through with it not because I don't like the idea but because so much thought and time was invested in where my character is now.... But at least I know, it's just tough to simply erase all I've done but sure helps to know. I'm not looking to carry over ANYTHING from previous if I do/did I don't know at this point I'm not certain whether I'll carry on or not. It's just truly a tough decision.

No joke, it was such a tough decision, I just couldn't go through with it in the end when I was faced with that option. Again, as Kay stated, you don't have to COMPLETELY reset your power level, but some of the stuff that previous character would have known exclusively could not be carried over in good spirits.

Also as Kay said, background story background story. It's the most fun part of creating a character imho.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »

Well I should elaborate.  When you re-create your character you're not undoing everything that character did, that character can still exist in the universe, it's just you're dropping writing their story and picking up a new somewhat similar one.

At least that's what I think of as a solution to what Kay brought up.  You don't want to undo everything that people did with you.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 02:30:30 PM »

Well I should elaborate.  When you re-create your character you're not undoing everything that character did, that character can still exist in the universe, it's just you're dropping writing their story and picking up a new somewhat similar one.

At least that's what I think of as a solution to what Kay brought up.  You don't want to undo everything that people did with you.

This. ALL 28 Sabus (Yes I did count, I've kept careful track of them all) were real and still technically existed at one point in RP. But I was awful and just changed them at will, which really messed with some RP I'd done. But on the other side of the coin, so what? I'm still here, most people think I'm alright, several people don't like me, but really nothing's changed except my character.
Honestly if this Sabu doesn't die and I change characters again (Psst: this Sabu will never die and I will never change him) I'd keep my contract and probably Hirashin too. I always kept my power level and any of the stuff from the former Sabu that I wanted when I made the new one.

My advice? Just do it, no regrets. RP is supposed to be fun. Not having fun with your character? Time for a new one. Simple as that.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »

It would be nice to keep the history. About the only time I have experienced a power change messing with history was when my second husband decided he didn't want to be an Uchiha anymore because everyone and their mother is one these days.

How did that mess with my history? He got his MS by killing me.

Duct tapes Eric's mouth shut for talking about bringing back the bad old days. "I seriously do not think I could fight another year long war." Has gotten old old old.

*Protests with his hands flailing the duct taping action*

Mmmfp mmmmph mphmph mph mph------ mmmmph!

[It's easier to do that kind of soft reset when the hitsory is not extensive. Shorter histories (at least, RP histories) are easier to rewrite in the aspect that they don't have many teeth-grinders to be interessted in with.)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:50 AM »

I'd like to stick with Uchiha/Sage. Rinnegan is meh... Too many use it, so i'm gonna be that Uchiha who is different

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 05:07:49 AM »

I'd like to stick with Uchiha/Sage. Rinnegan is meh... Too many use it, so i'm gonna be that Uchiha who is different

I feel you, I'm the same way. I just like variety even if it comes at the cost of preference. But at the same time, I like what I've done so far, and my story isn't based around combat or conflict. It's more of an actually story, everything "happened" and changes were affected by events.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 02:59:12 PM »

You're still an Uchiha though.  :cry: Come join the dark side of non-Uchiha. We would be welcome to have you.  :D

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.