Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IC death while OOC challenge fighting  (Read 5431 times)

Eric

• View Profile
IC death while OOC challenge fighting
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:54:59 AM »

Now, I don't intend on dying anytime soon, but I do know that my fight with Seraph is going to go on for a while.

So, if I happen to die while in a RP and his challenge hasn't ended, what exactly do I do then?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: IC death while OOC challenge fighting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:18:06 AM »

I would argue that is the downside of the OOC challenge.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »

Then he gets the bijuu? (Seraph)

The only reason I see any bijuu holders dying IC is via a bijuu battle. If not then what are you dying for? If someone has a beef with you and decides to kill you IC they're going to want your bijuu also. So to avoid hassle, they'd more than likely just challenge you that way you HAVE to fight them.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »

Except that makes no sense in this situation.

Eric is fighting Seraph for the bijuu, yes, but he has another fight in Iwa completely unrelated to bijuu that he is participating in.

It wouldn't make sense that if he died there the bijuu would not be released and be up for grabs. But it also DOES seem super unfair that you can be hypothetically fighting someone for months only to have someone else kill them IC and steal the bijuu out from under your nose.

Like I said though I'd argue that's the downside of not making the challenge IC when you want a bijuu. I'm not sure what we could do about this other than just say hosts shouldn't be allowed to fight IC while in a bijuu fight.

I have a very easy time seeing someone getting "killed" by someone else just to spite their opponent out of a bijuu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »

Except that makes no sense in this situation.

Eric is fighting Seraph for the bijuu, yes, but he has another fight in Iwa completely unrelated to bijuu that he is participating in.

It wouldn't make sense that if he died there the bijuu would not be released and be up for grabs. But it also DOES seem super unfair that you can be hypothetically fighting someone for months only to have someone else kill them IC and steal the bijuu out from under your nose.

Like I said though I'd argue that's the downside of not making the challenge IC when you want a bijuu. I'm not sure what we could do about this other than just say hosts shouldn't be allowed to fight IC while in a bijuu fight.

I have a very easy time seeing someone getting "killed" by someone else just to spite their opponent out of a bijuu.

The challenger getting the tailed beast would seem fair, as killed IC otherwise, it is not a challenge; so it would be unfair for them to get it. Granted, it would be rather unfair for the challenger to just up and get it when they hadn't necessarily been the one to defeat the host.

...If not then what are you dying for...

Can't sit back and let my comrade possibly get smashed, not unless I was prohibited from aiding him. I mean, don't get me wrong, it doesn't look like I have to worry about getting killed, but yall know how I am about fighting other Naras. It aint natural. My clan supposed to all be homies you know.

Jokes aside, I don't really want to have to be forced to stay out of a fight IC that is going on near my location simply because I have an OOC challenge going on. In theory, that would mean that I would be exempt from any attacks going on IC as well.

While one might would call it a downside, I call it an upside; I get to pick my fights IC except for biju challenges, so having that freedom still available is a plus for a character like mine, who is very picky with who he picks a fight with IC. Cause he aint invincible and he knows it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »

That's how it should be, knowing when and with whom to pick your fights is only wisdom. Now in-character wise one could fall upon bad fortune in a predicament where he or she cannot escape and must face a much much more powerful foe. In reference to your question Eric I do agree that no matter the outcome the bijuu should go to the OOC character that challenged you through the community's standards to obtain the bijuu.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »

I do think we should honor both the formal biju challenge that's taking place OOC and the jinchuriki-slayer IC in this scenario. To do so effectively, I think that when the jinchuriki is killed, the biju is removed from their possession IC.

Then, I think the OOC match should continue OOC. If the "jinchuriki" (only possessing the biju OOC now) wins then the challenger does not get a chance at the beast and the biju is given to the player who slayed the jinchuriki IC. Alternatively, if OOC the challenger wins, then the previous jinchuriki will no longer possess the biju at all, at which point there should just be another OOC match between the OOC challenger that won and the IC player that slew the previous jinchuriki that would determine who wins the biju ultimately.

I realize that is somewhat lengthy, and could theoretically put the biju in "limbo" indefinitely, but I doubt this situation would arise often enough to make that a serious problem. This is the solution I would propose in the rare circumstances that it does happen. Normatively speaking, a jinchuriki in an OOC challenge should probably do their best to avoid battles IC just to help avoid this issue.

Alternatively, we could consider allowing the jinchuriki to be exempt from the fortnight IC public posts while they are engaged in a OOC challenge. It would allow them to strictly be in one fight at a time without the risk of an IC fight happening at the same time. However, this would only apply to those that opt for it, as some of the jinchuriki at least (I gotchu Eric ;D  ) would not want to be stopped from IC RPing just because they are engaged in an OOC battle.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 02:53:34 AM »

Leave it to Eric to invent difficulties concerning the bijuu.
lol

So let me see. Sereph has the official challenge going on so the bijuu is occupied....correct?

And Iwa patriots are causing problems for Akatsuki and Eric wants to help defend his new evil buddies and keep the rightful folks of Iwa oppressed?

I would say that during your Iwa fight you should not be permitted to use the bijuu. And that the Iwa fight, if you die, does not involve the bijuu at all.

If you should engage in RP while in an OOC match, you should do so just as a non-jinchuuriki.

Why? Because even though the match is OOC, the bijuu is already tied in an event that will decide its fate.

IF you win the OOC match and die in Iwa, just let the bijuu go back into the hands of your organization for reassignment. The IC event is not about the bijuu and should hold no baring upon it whatsoever for good or ill toward its host or other participants in the event upon either side. However, the OOC challenger did not win so he should not end up with the bijuu.

If you lose the OOC match you should not die because it is not IC and would have nothing to do with the RP at all. Another reason why you should not use the bijuu...what if you pulled a move with it during the RP and then lose the match? Then the RP has to be altered to negate your bijuu actions from that point on. doable, for sure, but a hassle that should not be permitted to occur in the first place.

Now...this brings me to a touchy subject.

If this is how I view things, then the result of these opinions bring me to restate once more, that RP should take precedence over bijuu matches.

If a host is in RP and using his bijuu, then I would consider that a match situation and the challenger will just have to get in line until this ongoing event is concluded. The beast is an RP perk...it is not just a championship belt that is passed around from winner to winner to winner but serves a purpose in the role play of this community. And so while a host is using it in its primary function, the secondary aspect of challenges should take a back seat. It is no different than being second on the list of challengers for a particular beast. The first challenger just happens to be the RP community event.

This means that while no official challenge has been issued, the bijuu is obtainable through the events of the RP putting it at risk as well as its host in an IC situation. Otherwise I cannot justify a host ever being permitted to rp on the site which is crap. We make these characters to RP with. Otherwise why have a bio at all that has anything more pertinent than our forest fighting achievements?

Well what if during the event a bijuu hunter appears in rp and challenges the host?

I say no. Certain considerations should be made. It is like once a battle begins and there are already 8 people in it and you close it for new participants? These things have to be manageable and possible for us to conclude without becoming too overwhelming and out of control. Otherwise what is to stop the whole community from playing dog pile the quarterback?

It is perfectly fine to take turns and get in line for challenges so that some semblance of RP may be achieved. And these are my thoughts upon the matter.

I smell Iwa propoganda in the beginning of this post. Clearly the rightful folks of Iwa include Akatsuki.  :D

I prefer to call the Iwa rebels what they are; discontent villagers. Now, if this were Konoha, we would engage in a full Civil War, BUT, since this is Iwa we are talking here, some assertion of authority should put things back in place.

Starting with the kunoichi who sprang out of the earth (pun intended). And anyone else who decides that she needs some help. If Suna ninja start showing up then we are going to have some complicated matters on our hands.

Anyways, that aside, the OOC match would simply take place after the RP in the timeline, which would only be a problem if you lose both. Which I guess is the reason for this discussion in the first place.

I suppose refraining from using the tailed beast makes sense, though in theory that would prevent you from ever actually using the tailed beast in RP fights, especially if your line of challengers is akin to mine. The tailed beast being obtainable in the RP would only complicate matters uneedingly. Challenging IC, at least for my character, is more or less obsolete to my understanding.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 06:23:41 AM »

I'm honestly a little stumped on this one.

We might just have to say that the downside of getting a for sure 1v1 that will go until a finish, but that you cannot die in, is that it might get snatched from you by someone IC.

So basically the certainty that you cannot die is offset by the downside that you could have the beast snatched from you.

Is it fair? Perhaps not, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 12:22:39 PM »

I'm honestly a little stumped on this one.

We might just have to say that the downside of getting a for sure 1v1 that will go until a finish, but that you cannot die in, is that it might get snatched from you by someone IC.

So basically the certainty that you cannot die is offset by the downside that you could have the beast snatched from you.

Is it fair? Perhaps not, but I'm not sure what else to do.

The host sets the preference for whether the fight is IC or OOC. While the challenger can disagree with these terms, in my case at least, OOC is the only way you are going to be challenging me, so that is very much a  deal breaker. ^_^

Considering a new Kazekage might be in place, and how we do things in America, I imagine going to save the world would be a good first start to make sure nobody gets any funny ideas about kicking the new Kazekage out of their new seat.  :twisted:

All that aside, the death IC could be retro'd, but then there would be the possibility of the challenge going on considerably longer than the person is IC even alive.

Dying IC is one thing, but actually getting the tailed beast extracted out of you is another. If the latter is not done, then there is no need for the killer to get the beast; and if you win the OOC fight then the challenger wouldn't be getting it either.

But where would the beast go then? If the beast technically dies, then it would have to be revived at some point. And that would require some sort of guideline to work with if we don't already have any.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »

Guys,
Killer of the host fights the challenger.
Jeez.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »

Challenger gets it, tough luck to the person who killed the host in character. Though I agree with what Kayenta said, Hosts don't get to use their biju IC while in OOC match.

I say the challenger gets it, as that is only fair. They issued the challenge, are possibly fighting months for it, they should get it. I know people are saying the IC person who killed the host, should fight the challenger, but that sounds like it will create abuse. I imagine if a person knows they're losing their biju match, they'll just stage an IC death to some buddy or someone to spite the OOC challenge.

So yeah, if the host is killed IC, if the challenger wins, they get it, if not it goes to the wild or something, and maybe the IC killer gets first dibs on catching it or something.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »

Challenger gets it, tough luck to the person who killed the host in character. Though I agree with what Kayenta said, Hosts don't get to use their biju IC while in OOC match.

I say the challenger gets it, as that is only fair. They issued the challenge, are possibly fighting months for it, they should get it. I know people are saying the IC person who killed the host, should fight the challenger, but that sounds like it will create abuse. I imagine if a person knows they're losing their biju match, they'll just stage an IC death to some buddy or someone to spite the OOC challenge.

So yeah, if the host is killed IC, if the challenger wins, they get it, if not it goes to the wild or something, and maybe the IC killer gets first dibs on catching it or something.

But what if the challenger loses their match? It would be unfair to grant it to the second loser in the battle trio.  :-?

Again, that would kind of make it unlikely that you can use the tailed beast IC while staging OOC fights, since if you have a challenger list akin to mine, it could be continious. Also, what if someone challenges you just so that you can't use the tailed beast in an IC fight?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »

But what if the challenger loses their match? It would be unfair to grant it to the second loser in the battle trio.  :-?

Again, that would kind of make it unlikely that you can use the tailed beast IC while staging OOC fights, since if you have a challenger list akin to mine, it could be continious. Also, what if someone challenges you just so that you can't use the tailed beast in an IC fight?

Yeah this is a straight up awful idea. Eric will never get to actually rp with the 5 tails.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »

So what now? Bijuu rules trump over everything? That seems the most viable solution to me.

If the host is currently in an OOC battle then anyone who still wants to fight the bijuu IC without an official challenge will not get the bijuu no matter win or lose.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.