Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SL nerf  (Read 4784 times)

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
Re: SL nerf
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »

RP will probably be more better.
Separated by clans, no hybrids.
You can't trust anyone or give out your surname, so that'll be fun.

How can this go wrong? Especially with no hybrids wielding various KG.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »

Because as I've mentioned quite a few times before, there's a million other things that one can do without shoving never ending wars, fights and other hostilities down others' throats, which -frankly and no offense meant- you sometimes seriously seem to wish to do. Regulation is quite possible too, I'm living proof of that.

...and I just realized >__> its like Eric's Indra and I'm Ashura.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:43 PM »

Because as I've mentioned quite a few times before, there's a million other things that one can do without shoving never ending wars, fights and other hostilities down others' throats, which -frankly and no offense meant- you sometimes seriously seem to wish to do. Regulation is quite possible too, I'm living proof of that.

...and I just realized >__> its like Eric's Indra and I'm Ashura.

There ARE other things to do, but let's be frank here; why bother making a character who can fight if you never really get the chance to fight? As it is now, the world overall is at peace (there are exceptions of course) and it takes villains just to get things moving. And since people tend not to like the bad guys for one reason or another, we have lynch mobs moving through the streets.

What about those of us who DO want to fight and have a good war here and there huh? What about those of us who want to actually exercise the purpose of our employment? To be quite fair, you can still have your relative peace mongering, but those of us who want to actually fight should have a conventional way of doing such without going through the red tape.

Peace has honestly turned this realm into a crapfest, and I don't say that lightly. If it takes a big bad villain just to get a conflict/war started, then honestly, it is being done wrong. That is unrealistic.

The Indra vs Ashura comparison I find kind of funny, but it is quite untrue. Indra believed that the world would be brought together by force; Bocc's IC way of doing things. Ashura believes that everyone can just get along and one day understand one another with love and compassion. I can think of a hippy or two (Kay or Nathan come to mind) that would fit that bill, but for the sake of argument, let's make you Ashura, since you listed a very pacifistic way of the realm getting together for RP.

Granted, in Konoha I tended to advocate for war to break the monotony and increase the Leaf's unity, but I don't think that qualifies me for Indra.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

I meant more the fact to you war/force/wte seems to be the only answer, is what'd qualify you as Indra. Peace turned things into a crapfest? Funny thing to say when I remember the arguments and forum rage starting only AFTER somebody broke said peace, lol, especially when not everything is merely hippy tea parties either. Bit of a similar case with the claim there's this large group that only wants to fight too. Ever stopped to think maybe they just don't know any better because nobody ever even tries to present them with alternative forms (action included) of RP?

Be that as it may though, kinda pointless of us two to go through this circle again. Hagoromo's brats never agreed on anything, so its fairly obvious you and I are never going to see eye-to-eye on this either.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »

I meant more the fact to you war/force/wte seems to be the only answer, is what'd qualify you as Indra. Peace turned things into a crapfest? Funny thing to say when I remember the arguments and forum rage starting only AFTER somebody broke said peace, lol, especially when not everything is merely hippy tea parties either. Bit of a similar case with the claim there's this large group that only wants to fight too. Ever stopped to think maybe they just don't know any better because nobody ever even tries to present them with alternative forms (action included) of RP?

Be that as it may though, kinda pointless of us two to go through this circle again. Hagoromo's brats never agreed on anything, so its fairly obvious you and I are never going to see eye-to-eye on this either.

Apparently his brother had better luck with his succesors...  :eek:

Anyways, I (and others of the Akatsuki) have attempted and participated in alternate forms of RP. The thing is, constant peace in the SL universe is just plain wrong from my perspective. Alternative forms of RP have been tried and done, at least from my viewpoint, and while they are nice and all, a war or two would also be extremely nice. I didn't build up a fighting character with an elaborate history and background just to raise temples from the sands. I didn't help train Alucard so that he would never get to see an actual battle that he can participate in.

The reason that the fighting coincided with zoning is because the way zoning had been done had become dusty from the excessive peace. With the village and KG system, all sorts of conflicts regarding powers had to be hashed out; this was not something that could just be looked over unless the realm either stayed in perpetual peace, or only small groups at a time went to war with each other and made up the rules before engaging.

This is not practical in the village system, because even within the villages there are folks who disagree on how to RP. Disagremeents would continue even with a clan system, but it would be a smaller scale division of sorts; clans and such would ally based on certain factors, RP style being included. Death would only be for the duration of the war/conflict.

All I am saying is, the conflicts that arose coincidentally when a world conflict was broached were going to happen eventually, unless we all stayed in happy happy land where the world is in a state of perpetual peace. Having that for a few months is cool, and really stimulates things, but for a few years? That, to me at least, gets real old after a few years.

Us seeing eye-to-eye is not the important part here; the important part in this discussion is simply to get out the why's of why a clan-clan system would be preferential (or not) if it were to be the result of the topic of nerfing characters.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »

No, you and me seeing eye-to-eye kinda is the point here, at least as far as us two's debate over this goes. No matter how many times you try advocate the aforementioned, I'm going to disagree because I quite like things as they are, with nothing irreversibly broken unlike how some claim. No matter how many times I explain in detail there are other IMO better ways to go about things than yours that would include even action and or other fighting-themed things, all you're going to see is endless boring tea parties and go 'That's nice and all, but-'.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 04:46:28 PM »

No, you and me seeing eye-to-eye kinda is the point here, at least as far as us two's debate over this goes. No matter how many times you try advocate the aforementioned, I'm going to disagree because I quite like things as they are, with nothing irreversibly broken unlike how some claim. No matter how many times I explain in detail there are other IMO better ways to go about things than yours that would include even action and or other fighting-themed things, all you're going to see is endless boring tea parties and go 'That's nice and all, but-'.

Seeing as the two of us are not the only ones in this discussion, I will have to disagree with that notion. Yes, you like things the way they are, but it's been made very clear that there are those who disagree with that. For reasons similar and dissimilar to my own reasons mind you.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

Good job staying on topic guys. 10/10
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »

My character isn't getting nerf'd.

I worked my balls off to create a customized NON-senju-uchiha-unoriginal warrior with crazy weaponry and insane jutsu.

Find another Hōzuki like Sabu
Find another Uzumaki like Sabu

I doubt you can, but I can find at least three almost identical shinobi on SL in about a minute who are all just as string as Sabu.
But they don't have seven custom swords, specialized armor, entirely custom technique arsenals, etc.
I like Sabu, even if you don't. Just because other people abuse your system doesn't mean I'm going to get in trouble/lose parts of my character to make you happy. :p

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 10:58:49 PM »

I worked my balls off to create a customized NON-senju-uchiha-unoriginal warrior with crazy weaponry and insane jutsu.

I doubt you can, but I can find at least three almost identical shinobi on SL in about a minute who are all just as string as Sabu.
But they don't have seven custom swords, specialized armor, entirely custom technique arsenals, etc.
I like Sabu, even if you don't. Just because other people abuse your system doesn't mean I'm going to get in trouble/lose parts of my character to make you happy. :p

Never said you have to. This isn't a rule of any kind. It's a suggestion and a guide if you do indeed feel/want to nerf your character to change SL into a non-OP site like it is now. You don't have uchiha or any of that so I'd say you're already on my side here.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »

Never said you have to. This isn't a rule of any kind. It's a suggestion and a guide if you do indeed feel/want to nerf your character to change SL into a non-OP site like it is now. You don't have uchiha or any of that so I'd say you're already on my side here.

I didn't notice this wasn't just another "everyone should be weaker" thread. Sorry.
Yeah I guess I'm on your side, and I think that I'm proof you can be plenty strong without the typical buffs. Granted I have a lot of buffs.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 01:51:02 AM »

Wouldn't restricting people to a single clan technically make people more retarded with all this interbreeding? The whole point of crossbreeding is to produce these special individuals, who can easily overtake someone from a single clan bloodline. The whole point of having a bloodline in the first place means that you're a part of the special genetic lottery that has a natural advantage over a normal shinobi. That's the entire reason why the Uchiha, Hyuuga, Senju, Uzumaki and Kaguya were so renowned. Because of their genetic superiority. But developing techniques and knowing how to use them is another certain factor, which is how the Nara, Hozuki, Akimichi and Yamanaka clans gain acknowledgement as well.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:32 PM »

@ Warren and Eric's portion of the topic.
roflmao....tea parties? oy oy oy. To me there is nothing more boring than to get on SL and have to fight fight fight fight everyday. I did that for over a year as Suna's Nidaime. So...excuse me for needing to have a little challenge in my thinking process outside of kill or be killed to find some enjoyment on SL and not be bored out of my skull. I do fight. I fight well. But I need more than that in order to hold my attention. And so do you Eric. You do more RP than just war so stop acting like you don't.
lol

It's not personal, just that I haven't gone through a year of non-stop war as a Leaf shinobi, so I do not share your sentiments regarding some breathe room. Frankly, it is even worse. The series balanced fighting/conflict with the slice of life everyday stuff, and that really is good. But when one starts to overwhelm the other, those like me who haven't had a heavy dose of the other start to want some more of the other, and with reason.

It got old with you because you did it for a year straight. Not because it is a bad thing, at least that is what I got from your comment.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 12:32:41 AM »

It would be nice if you guys would tone it down. but...meh. you won't.
I'm done talking about it. Unlike Sabu, I don't want to have to turn my characters into some ridiculous thing in order to just hold my own among you, let alone to dominate. [NO offense Sabu, you like it...fine, It's just not my bag.]

No offense taken. :)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 05:03:25 AM »

Gonna lock this now. ~

Wayyyyy off topic

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.