Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Eric Nara vs Athos Nara Uzumaki  (Read 2323 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Eric Nara vs Athos Nara Uzumaki
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:50:20 PM »

Current Rules as of 08-30-14 Subject to revision

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

ºRulesº
Like any other zone fight, rules are established as support for completing the quarrel without need for troubles to arise. Those basic rules are also adopted into host-challenges. The rules are as follows [unless agreed upon both parties (with proof) to be something otherwise]

ºNo Auto-Hittingº
Auto-Hitting is recognized as being a direct action following through without consent of the opposing party.

ºNo God-Moddingº
God-Modding has been recognized as an incorrect claim of one or more super-powers incapable of one's possession or against what one's character establishes. Several other things have been regarded God-Modding such as dodging every attack, extreme maneuvers & such. If God-Modding should occur, the opposing party will object to it & things can be negotiated from there.

There is a considerably large amount of new content added to the special conditions, so read carefully the following:

Current host: Eric Nara

Affiliation: Akatsuki/Missing Ninja

Preferred Method: OOC 1v1 match

Special rules

-The match is to be 1v1, though summons and the like are permitted.

-Victory for the challenger is the defeat of the host through any means necessary, and vice versa. Death in the fight does not equate to death IC.

-Skills acquired during an OOC match are not carried over IC.

-If, by some chance, the match should reach a point of true stalemate after a minimum of 12 turns or 30 days (the criteria to be used depending on the progression of the fight) then a judge may be called in to determine a winner based on how the fight has progressed up to this point. Both participants must request this of the judge in person (no he said we could or she said we might, the judge must receive a response from both participants). If this is chosen, then the judge may declare a  winner based on these criteria:

*Who effectively manipulated the flow of the battle the best? The strategy employed (based on the posts) may have been defensive and attrition-based, but was it effective in the long run in wearing down the opponent?

*What caused the stalemate? The challenger being unable to defeat the challenged, or vice versa? Is it constant cancellation of jutsu and techniques by both sides, or merely one side taking refuge in a relatively inaccessible area (such as pocket dimension) in order to avoid defeat entirely?

*Who showed the greatest skill in the fight? This is completely and utterly at the discretion of the judge. Their decision is final on the matter, regardless of accusations of cheating or bribery or otherwise. This should be kept in mind when deciding on a judge for the fight.

If neither side can be conclusively declared the winner, then the fight either proceeds or a draw is declared. In the case of a draw, the challenger may rejoin the queue of challengers after the latest challenger without having to wait for cooldown (this circumvention for the benefit of the challenger for not technically being declared the loser, though by not succeeding the host can be considered a winner in this situation). If none exist, then they will merely have to wait a week to re-challenge. Note, this is a technical victory for the host, so unless the challenger truly believes that a restart is necessary to increase victory chances, then it is not recommended to settle for a draw without reviewing this process a second time.

- Subsequent challenges by the same challenger to the same host and tailed beast will double the cooldown period. For example, for 2nd challenge for same tailed beast and host will result in a two week cooldown, and for 3rd, a month cooldown if there are other challengers in the queue. If there are no other challengers in the queue, then only a week shall be added. 2 leading to 2 weeks, 3 leading up to 3 weeks, so on and so forth. This is to discourage repetition without growth nor a change in tactics.

-Is willing to fight either at SL or on the SL forum, the latter option most useful for fights where long periods of time may pass between postings (and also serves as a record of the fight's progress for other challengers)

- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the preferred days for zoning. Times vary by week, so see host for details.

- In the event that a host is defeated, the new host has the cooldown challenge period timeframe to either accept the special regulations for the tailed beast or completely re-write or alter the special rules. If they do not post their own variant by the beginning of the next challenge, then it is to be assumed that they comply with the previous special regulations.

If you wish to make a challenge, post below stating the name of your in-game character, compliance or wish to negotiate with the above stipulations from the host, and preferred zone. After that, communication will mostly be in private messages through a necessary medium.

Any questions or concerns should be directed in PM's as to avoid cluttering unnecessarily this thread. Thanks in advance.

Negotiations via PM

Kamui is to be judge for the fight upon him accepting the request. The fight shall not go beyond the introduction posts until the matter of judge is settled upon. If Kamui is not available, it is proposed that ShadowX be judge instead.

If the challenger agrees to the above or wishes to clarify/add something, now is the time to do it. Otherwise, post acceptance of the above.

Once all of that is done, Athos, as challenger in my fight, you may have the first entry post. No others are to be posting in this thread except for Kamui, and that is only to give a ruling if necessary.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Eric Nara vs Athos Nara Uzumaki
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:04:18 AM »

I accept the above o:

I'll double post, my entry post being next!
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »

Athos found his feet taking him through the rough terrain of the valley that seemed to be covered in Volcanoes. It sometimes made him wonder just how the planet was able to function with such a countless array of lava shooters plastered so close together. Above, smoke seemed to cover the sky from the mountains that held holes on the top of them. The heat didn't phase the male, even in his cloaked attire, he barely even noticed it, honestly.

The man stood at an overwhelming six feet and seven inches tall, usually towering over most men. Upon his back was the large demon slaying sword that was known as Rebellion, one that shifted with each step that the male took.  His form was cloaked by the single piece of clothing that fully blocked his form. Beneath, though, he was prepared for this battle. On his right hip rested his other blade, known as Oken, one that was given to him by an old friend. His chest was covered in a light armor, as well as his whole left arm, while his right hand was bare.

His hood was done, not only exposing the Uzumaki's handsome features, but his long crimson blood hair that looked akin to silk. His golden hues would slowly move around the dangerous terrain before them, his expression bored and lazy almost. At some point, he would have stopped walking and would simply be standing there with his eyes slowly shutting,"Don't keep me waiting too long, Eric..."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:30:05 AM »

(Kamui accepted being judge again. We may proceed. Sorry for the delay in relaying that).

Fire Valley. The last time he had fought someone here, they had turned the place into a bonefilled nightmare that only the residents of Pompeii would envy. Truly, this place had some fond and not so fond memories for Eric Nara.

He wore his Aktasuki cloak, underneath which he wore his old Leaf outfit. The flak jacket, the deerskin jacket, the blue pants, the weapons pouches, all were in their place. He even had holsters for his chakra trench knives now.

His spiky hair surprisingly did not catch flame in the intense heat, nor did his face develop a great frown. He did not even sweat; although he was more of a wind dragon than a fire dragon, he had yet to move enough to break a sweat. A single scroll was present right atop of his standard weapons pouches with the kanji for "Shadow" written upon it. With a large smile, in fact, he viewed the volcanoes around him. The air quality was not crisp and clear like a field, but it did have that smoked rib smell to it. Wait a minute...

The man briefly checked his surroundings before noticing a red head. And among the black obsidian and igneous rock of the terrain, spotting that red hair was only the second oddity. They were still forty whole meters from each other, and though his opponent stood at the base of the large mound that Eric now stood upon, he still shouted out to him.

"Kinsman! How long it has been since we have seen each other. Are you sure you wish to go with this? A less strings attached spar would be more my fancy than a fight of this sort."

While he did not expect Athos to simply give in, he did suspect that he would at least get a joke in response. After all, he could sense motions and such through his shadow, and considering the great lights that were the volcanoes and their flows, shadows were strewn throughout the battlefield. Both men indeed could be said to be in their element.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

(Gonna start using colors >.> Felt out classed by your colorful words, Eric xD )
The red haired male was living in his own head for a bit, having recalled a few of his own battles that happened here, hell... He technically died once here in this region, but it mattered not now. He had no intention to die here, but he also had no intention of walking away with fresh blood on his hands... Especially when it was blood similar to his own, in one form or another. The words that came from Eric's mouth would have caused the large male to turn towards the source, his eyes moving up the mound to find the man. Perhaps, to others, the type of battle they were about to commence in would be a reason to want the other's head on platter but not for Athos. The sight of Eric actually caused the man to smile widely, his right hand coming up in a greeting as he'd wave it, before slowly lowering it.

"Yo, Eric! It's been quite a few years, with my death and all that other bullspit. But, despite that, you afraid of me all the sudden? Think you'll lose~?"

This wasn't smack talk, though, the playful teasing tone in his voice proof of that, as well as the grin on his lips. He would roll his shoulders, his smile slipping into a small grin, his feet slowly spreading apart until they matched his shoulders. He could feel the heat, but not of the heat around them. His blood was slowly starting to cook, or so it seemed. Each battle he ever had with Eric was always one for the records, and it had been awhile since he had such a great fight. His adrenaline was starting to pump and he was excited, the warrior part of him was, and that was shown by the burning compassion in his golden hues. His body was ready.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:06 AM »

Smiled, though friendlines was slowly giving way to seriousness.

"I simply would prefer a fight without risk. That away, we could catch up while we fight."

A learning experience, really, is what he suggested. He reached for and unholstered his trench knives. Not long were they in his hands before they turned black, Eric cursing their shadow. This would permit him to control their shadow as if they were his own, and permit him to thus keep track of their location.

Kagemane no noroi; Shadow Manipulation Curse

With that set, the Nara channeled some Futon and then hurled his left one forward towards Athos, though it would be aimed at the ground near him. The Futon-infused blade would have enough cutting power to embed itself in the ground, subsequently relinquishing its cutting power. While Athos might would consider this threat dangerous only if it landed in his shadow or somehow struck him directly, as the man had likely by now observed, smoke practically covered the skies; that meant that the only strong sources of light were the volcanoes and the lava that they spewed.

Since the area around Eric and hence the mound was filled with rock of the igneous variety, not flowing lava. That meant that the entire mound area had a large shadow stretching over it; thus, it would seem rather pointless for Eric to bother throwing the tool towards Athos when he might could achieve the same threat by simply dropping it near to himself, a much faster transition.

However, it was all part of the master plan; for after hurling his left one he would hurl his right one in a similar manner. However, this one would be aimed directly at Athos' center body. Considering that Athos had likely begun to move with that very first trench knife inbound, Eric assumed that Athos would either dodge or attempt to deflect the weapon. Either way, Eric was preparing to act on whichever course of action Athos choose, intending on the knife getting relatively close to his opponent before striking with his intended plan of attack.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »

I forfeit.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »

Oh, alright. I suppose that's the end of that then.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.