Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hypothetical  (Read 3595 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Hypothetical
« on: November 25, 2014, 03:55:36 AM »

So this topic is hypothetical, I feel like my last topic about things related to this was kind of Douchey, So I wanted to talk about almost the same thing, but with more of a sense of direction lol

So the last topic I had posted about this was all about setting time limits or whatever for people who were super inactive but had claims on techniques that other people wanted, I don't feel the same way anymore due to statements made in that topic as well as just basic passing of time, changing ideals all that Jazz, but lets get to the point

Say someone wants something like the Iwagakure Kinjutsu, the only way someone would be able to get that would be via the Iwagakure Kinjutsu scroll, which is currently owned by Uchiha Yuuta (unless the claims list hasn't been properly updated.) How would said person go about getting the Iwagakure Kinjutsu, without trying to strip the scroll from Yuuta's possession?

Remember that this is a hypothetical, I am not trying to acquire that Jutsu, I say this because I don't want anyone to tell me not to worry about it because they feel my character is too stacked, I don't have intention to go for the Iwagakure Kinjutsu scroll or anything, I was just updating the claims and saw it on there, and it brought the idea into my mind to make this topic, having a proper example to make it with,

I looked up Yuuta on the site and he hasn't been online in 42 days, I know that this does not mean that he wont ever be back on again or anything like that, I was just wondering what would be a way that someone could acquire the Iwagakure Kinjutsu if the only person who can spread the technique is currently inactive,

Is the technique just considered lost, or what?

If so, would it be beyond reach for someone to 'create' basically the same technique? since it's merely infusing chakra into clay it wouldn't be beyond an accomplished shinobi's reach to recreate the jutsu, of course they'd have to have Bakuton to place explosion chakra into the clay, otherwise it wouldn't explode.

So the question stands, How would someone acquire the Iwagakure Kinjutsu (or any other techniques that are claimed by currently inactive members) without trying to strip the technique from that individuals possession?

Also, Is the Iwagakure Kinjutsu actually counted as a Kinjutsu in SL?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »

I wrote a kinda long thing about this and then replaced it with the following;

Claims are a grey area to a lot of people. On what grounds can someone take something from another? Being inactive too long? Just being an asshole to others? Some will say yes and some will say no.

In the case of Iwagakure kinjutsu it is owned by an inactive player, Yuuta. Now there are a few things that you can do currently. PM a message and hopefully the next time he gets on that he works something out with you. Learn of the kinjutsu from current other users. That's basically it and he may not reply until 3 months later.

----------------My thoughts and how it should be handled------------------

Custom techniques made by a player even when they are inactive can not be taken from them. It's literally their technique that they made.

Techniques taken from Naruto and claimed can be taken under certain circumstances....

() Inactivity. If the account is deleted due to inactive use of 90 days then the technique is up for grabs. If the player does come back then they still have access to use the technique, but they lost the claim for it.
() Inactive holder who still logs on. So there's a few out there who still log on, but overall don't do anything with the technique and are just holding it. If it is not a technique of their creation then they should at least give it to someone who can use it. If they don't then they're subject to having it taken.

What's the point of claiming something that you don't use yourself? I don't see one. You're just keeping other players from using it and causing a roadblock. Be nice to the community and let others learn and use it. You're doing no good by holding onto it like you're the father of a teenage girl who found a boyfriend. Move on and be happy that you were able to enjoy it while it was your time.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »

That's exactly how I feel about the topic, but I also think that other people do not agree with that thought process

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »

... So the question stands, How would someone acquire the Iwagakure Kinjutsu (or any other techniques that are claimed by currently inactive members) without trying to strip the technique from that individuals possession?

Also, Is the Iwagakure Kinjutsu actually counted as a Kinjutsu in SL?

In this case, I would say being an Iwa nin would normally be a good start, since much like Kiri's grudge rain, it would make sense for it to RPwise originate within the village.

Of course, there is no one out enforcing the protective claim for Iwa, so you have a few courses of action for this.  You can just claim the technique now and deal with the paperwork later, attempt to find other users (I doubt you will find an abundance) and borrow/steal/learn from them, or become an Iwa nin for some time and just claim it for yourself.

It is not specified to be for a particular clan (though likely for the explosive release lot) and there are not any ardent "defenders" to my knowledge, so the odds of there being a great opposition to you using it (as long as you don't have a tonload of other kinjutsu as well already on you) would be slim as long as you're willing to chat with folks who already do have it and stuff if they even ask about your usage.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »

I think Xiarawst is Yuuta...although I am not sure, you may want to ask him and see if I am correct.
If this is the case, all you have to do from there is ask permission to add yourself onto the list.

I have a silly question though....why not just claim Bakuton? You could claim that for now until your claim is settled.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »

Cmage is Yuuta. The original that is, not me.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »

I thought the kinjutsu was more so regarding to the actual body modification of applying extra mouths to the human body; preferably upon their palms, which would allow them to mould the clay with their Bakuton chakra to give it, its explosive properties.

As for my own input the claimed list has losts its purpose, and basically anything seems to have been put on there. As for trying to learn it, really only way is from previous user, if users are inactive I say just go ahead with the right back up to just claim it. If you character has gone through some RP means of attaining said knowledge it is viable, rather than just putting your name up on a list.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 06:28:35 AM »

I think we should take into consideration what exactly is being claimed and by who. This alone can determine the logic behind making the claim in the first place.

Ex. Eight Trigrams Sealing Style. A canon technique that is a double-layering of one of the Uzumaki's most prestigious seals, the Four Symbols Seal. Now I don't know the entire claiming history behind it, but it should be logical that someone who is of Uzumaki lineage and notable mastery (in RP or already-developed history) in Fuinjutsu should be able to claim it, correct? Well what if some random mook outside of the clan who has little to no knowledgeable training in Fuinjutsu suddenly claimed it before anybody else? Is that something that should be honored in the first place? That also brings up the question of whether or not their derived jutsu can be claimed as well.

But anyways, my two cents on the matter is this: If someone is inactive long enough for the account which they link their character to expire (90 days), then their character is up for grabs as NPCs to whomever may be the proper authority of them. Missing-nin would present a very difficult ground for this line of reasoning though, but it's not uncommon for Missing-nin to be found dead in the forest, or perhaps dead at the hands of other Missing-nin. Just stay active guys, in-game and in-character. This really shouldn't be hard in our day and age (at least in America anyways).

Don't want to worry so much about wanting to keep a claim on certain techniques? Just throw that worry about by simply making your own custom ones. Though the latter would need some careful balancing when creating and using them. Especially if they're relatively close in nature to a claimed canon technique that's on the list. But custom stuff is a whole other topic that can be discussed sometime later.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »

I'm talking when it comes to claims to canon stuff. And I suggest it this way for two reasons. The first to ensure that your character is safe, and the second so others have a chance to learn these special techniques. Though if you question your character's own safety where they reside, then why not just move them to another place that is safer? Surely a good village would preserve the safety of their own citizens and shinobi.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »

I'm talking when it comes to claims to canon stuff. And I suggest it this way for two reasons. The first to ensure that your character is safe, and the second so others have a chance to learn these special techniques. Though if you question your character's own safety where they reside, then why not just move them to another place that is safer? Surely a good village would preserve the safety of their own citizens and shinobi.

The point is less that she doen't have anyone that she can trust with her accounts (I can't say I have any) and more the point that character controlling her characters when she is not even present is simply a no. NPC or otherwise. When she returns (for many who stay on long enough do return at some point) she wants to find them exactly as she left them; undisturbed, so that she may once again put to pen their story. I'm sure like myself, she would want no unauthorized tampering, usage, or abuse of her characters in her absence.

The canon techniques may indeed go out as long as the characters do not lose their ability to use them, but to outright NPC the character of another player who has long gone without permission (which in Kayenta's case would never be given) is a touchy line, especially if the characters are IC-wise free of will (such as not Edo'd or something of that sort). That's where the buck stops and assesses the doe a second before making that fateful attempt.

If people started RPing Tomi's character with him being gone, and do it without his permission, I imagine he would be rather upset to find something completely and utterly uncharacteristic added on or taken away or simply occured.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 12:16:41 AM »

Yeah no way is anyone rping Uetto, mainly cause I am Uetto so you'd have to be playing me in RL. That's just a dumb idea if you ask me. You shouldn't want to rp some else's character. We individually own our characters they should leave with the person I think. Also no one is stealing my custom stuff.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »

Also no one is stealing my custom stuff.

Except Kishimoto

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »

I think I should have clarified more on this whole character-NPC control thing I was talking about. I was thinking in my mind when and if the situation arose where someone had their character go idle after becoming inactive, and then would come back to find out that where they went idle, a Bijudama or powerful equivalent happened to obliterate the entire area. But then again, not many people would go back to drag along the idle body of somebody who is inactive. Though some who would have authority would be able to post:

"[Jounin] states for an immediate evacuation order. All shinobi within the area, after having heard this announcement, would quickly shunshin their way from the area stated."

I mean, wouldn't it suck if you came back to find out that where-ever you last were had so happened to be destroyed, and would essentially put you on the dead listing, and whatever you had on hand (eyes or cells are very popular in this subject) would be looted?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »

Obviously the best way to solve this is to never go inactive <3 SL for life, i love you guys <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Thanksgiving

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »

So I've been thinking about it a lot and I know this topic started as a hypothetical but after the opinions gave on the subject and all I think I am gonna start using iwagakure Kinjutsu after all xD, I am an Iwa nin after all,

However, it's non-Bakuton based unlike Deidara's version, as I do not have Bakuton and do not intend to acquire it. So I'd be putting different elements/ninja tools in the clay or whatever. Basically i'm just going to be molding clay lol
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.