Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Handing away Biju  (Read 6005 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Handing away Biju
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:04:36 AM »

Okay so this is happening more and more as time continues on, Handing away Biju with no form of work or real reason other than "hey i'ma just give this to you."

I don't like this because I personally have done nothing but work for Biju for quite  some time. and while it hasn't effected me directly. I see it as a unfair.

The rules for the Biju (IF we even follow them anymore) state this:

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

The way that I see it, quitting the game is forfeiting your active status and the Biju should be either A. given to the leader of your Clan/organization, or B. A tournament is held to decide who is the new Biju owner.

In most cases I feel as though the Latter would be the more appropriate response to Quitting the site. But I personally feel it's strongly unfair that people can just be given biju because the host wants to give it to them, It's different if the owner of the Biju that was given away had actually fought for that Biju such as Bocc with Son Goku. I feel this is unfair because it seems that the Biju are being given away to people who have done literally nothing for them. While we who are actually working to acquire are Biju are left to dry, and random individuals are given the Biju for next to no reason.

So I personally believe that from this point on (at the least) we should have tournaments for the Biju of site quitters.

Masane

• View Profile
Re: Handing away Biju
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 05:08:02 AM »

This is something that I find unfair as well. We just read the thread about giving Bijuu away and from what I see, that rule has beeen broken. I think it is wrong because I have been trying literally for months to get a Bijuu and people who have done nothing are just getting them left and right.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:15:51 AM »

Okay so this is happening more and more as time continues on, Handing away Biju with no form of work or real reason other than "hey i'ma just give this to you."

I don't like this because I personally have done nothing but work for Biju for quite  some time. and while it hasn't effected me directly. I see it as a unfair.

The rules for the Biju (IF we even follow them anymore) state this:

ºHosts Must Committ to Active Statusº
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post every week), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan/organization will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan/organization, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

The way that I see it, quitting the game is forfeiting your active status and the Biju should be either A. given to the leader of your Clan/organization, or B. A tournament is held to decide who is the new Biju owner.

In most cases I feel as though the Latter would be the more appropriate response to Quitting the site. But I personally feel it's strongly unfair that people can just be given biju because the host wants to give it to them, It's different if the owner of the Biju that was given away had actually fought for that Biju such as Bocc with Son Goku. I feel this is unfair because it seems that the Biju are being given away to people who have done literally nothing for them. While we who are actually working to acquire are Biju are left to dry, and random individuals are given the Biju for next to no reason.

So I personally believe that from this point on (at the least) we should have tournaments for the Biju of site quitters.

So are you saying I should give my beast back to Konoha since I didn't really work to get it (sure as heck worked to keep it though) as defined by the current rules?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 05:18:43 AM »

No, i'm not trying to say that we should strip anyone who had recieved Biju in this manner, I'm saying that we should moderate these rules that we had been set up cause they're being ignored, the way I see it. More or less i'm saying from this point on we should not just give Biju away like that. Biju should be a sacred thing on this site, not just toys passed around, they should be worked for.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »

Also if you go inactive, your beast would go to Konoha. Not just given to some random who did nothing for it.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:23:41 AM »

That's a... liberal interpretation of that rule.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:45 AM »

That's a... conservative counter argument. The rules should not have been set up in the first place if they were intended to be disregarded.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 05:27:03 AM »

Agreed.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »

That's a... conservative counter argument. The rules should not have been set up in the first place if they were intended to be disregarded.

They aren't, because the rule your citing isn't about people quitting the game. If someone goes inactive for a period of time they can be stripped of their bijuu. Which I enforce, trust me. It has nothing to do with, "I'm leaving now, this tailed beast belongs to so-and-so."

If they just give it to someone else and that person assumes their challengers, as I've done for the 2 tails, than you've lost nothing you're just fighting someone else for the beast if you've challenged them.

The only thing this would do is actually force people to rp giving their bijuu to someone before they leave, which you can't make a rule to prevent, so it would be fairly pointless.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 05:36:15 AM »

Yes but at the same time it's unfair that there were two people in line for the Matatabi, and the first fight was literally about to start. I don't see the fairness is giving it to someone else even if they assume the  challenge list. The way that I see it is that if the Host wants to quit the game, then fine. But at the least a tournament should be held between the challengers of that list to decide who gets the Biju, instead of throwing someone random in to get it, as in your case lol.

People who challenge for the Biju can sit for MONTHS waiting for Biju fights to continue on so that they can get their chance. How is it fair to them that some random Joe gets to step in and assume the role as Jinchuriki, when they were in line for the beasts far beforehand. Machina did the work to find night TWICE for matatabi, just for him to hand it off to you? I don't see the fairness in that.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:41:24 AM »

Seriously. If some one just gave me a Bijuu, you guys would not have that. I worked for months to get this cat and you did NOTHING and you have it. Now I'm forced to face you in OOC stupidity.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 06:06:07 AM »

... For next time...it would be nice to have a better way to handle what happens. Because it is NOT fair that a challenger may never actually get their match due to how long things take and so on.

Any suggestions? Is this where we need to finally set up a system for tournaments? Or is it time we start having disclaimers in the rules about this kind of thing? What would be the optimal course of action?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »

I meant to say Akatsuki. Konoha slipped for some reason. I don't think that it should have went to me according to the rule. It should have gone right to Kumogakure.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »

As a challenger, I personally remain to disagree with resolving Biju by gifting them to other individuals. When you're on the list expecting to be fighting either the current host or one of the challengers in front of you, and suddenly some random jumps the ladder and takes the spot of the Jinchuriki? It's kinda like "Really?" You know what I mean? Like I stated before, i'm not saying we retract what's already been done, but instead set something up for the future. I.e Hosts who decide to quit the game, their Biju is then subjected to be the prize for a trounament, incorporating either the challengers of the host, or the challengers and anyone else who wishes to fight for the beast. This would not only be more fair of a way to resolve the retirement from host status, whenever that retirement is of their own volition. And over all it would bring more rp into the area, by giving a tournament for anyone who wants the Biju in question, in opens up a lot of rp activity as well as entertainment(at least if you enjoy reading threads, like I personally do.) Threads could be created for the tournament and players would be bracketed off into individual fights, and move up through the rounds. It's like a World Martial Arts tournament lol. It would even get to the point where we could reach out to people who did not know that this Biju was up for grabs and there was a tournament to enter for it, we could also increase activity on the forum. Which in all honesty I believe is the better place for Rp, much more organized and manageable. This would prevent that horrendous crap of fights and things getting deleted (Such as in the case with Madara and Sabu currently. As the messages are gone they are hitting a grey area in the fight decision.) I honestly do not enjoy the fact that people can pass Biju like a ball. With no work or anything relative to the situation. We try to ground into the Acads heads as well as others that we should roleplay everything out, but when you finally get to the upper end of the industry, it's not at all what you'd expect it do be.   

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 06:22:57 AM »

Seriously. If some one just gave me a Bijuu, you guys would not have that. I worked for months to get this cat and you did NOTHING and you have it. Now I'm forced to face you in OOC stupidity.

I've won the Nibi in combat, twice, for your information.

I do agree that bijuu fights should be on forum.

Again, Night could have then just rp'd coming back to me and giving me the bijuu then.

You know what though? I honestly don't care. If it's a bijuu of an Akatsuki member I'll fight in the tourney, if it isn't, I don't care. I'm more than happy to solve problems by cracking skulls.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.