Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15872 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
The power of the Kaguya Clan
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »

I wrote a long ass post, but as always I trashed it. So unless needed to go on a rant here's my short version.

What are the healing limitations of the clan?

Obviously there are some. You're pulling bones out of your body. Unless you have some passive healing power you would die in no time.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »

Way I see it, whenever you remove a bone, a new one is regrown to replace it even as you pull the old one out, so based on that I'd imagine just a lesser fixing of tissues to close the holes you pulled them from, no Hashirama style hax or anything.

Only problems with that though are the skull due to all the organs encased inside of it, and the spine due to all the nerves innit.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

Way I see it, whenever you remove a bone, a new one is regrown to replace it even as you pull the old one out, so based on that I'd imagine just a lesser fixing of tissues to close the holes you pulled them from, no Hashirama style hax or anything.

Only problems with that though are the skull due to all the organs encased inside of it, and the spine due to all the nerves innit.

Yeah, I'm not going for Hashirama level healing, but there's obviously some kind of passive factor that is there.

I was going to use his spine as a prime example. That's connected to lot of nerves and tissues as well as allows you to move and your organs to function. Yet he pulled it out and had no issues at all.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »

The way I've looked at it is instant regeneration while actively using the Shikotsumyaku. Meaning, you are consciously forcing yourself to regenerate while you pull or grow your bone. But it's only a regen for that ability. Being attacked and sliced up by an opponent doesn't result in the same regen ability.

If it's a self-inflicted injury due to the Shikotsumyaku, then it's instant. If not, there's no regen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:16:36 PM by Dart »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

Its far fetched, but if imagining the vertebrae split or something to allow drawing the cord out from 'around' the nerves, center and such, its very vaguely plausible.

Skull is the only thing I can't really imagine surviving extracting. Creating a copy outside maybe, but not extracting.

What comes to regen itself tho, if it can/has to be willed, it wouldn't make sense that its limited only to Shiko injuries, you should technically be able to use it on other stuff too. Its more likely its an uncontrollable side effect, possibly related to the chakra used to stimulate the bone growth/manipulation.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 06:20:43 PM »

The way I've looked at it is instant regeneration while actively using the Shikotsumyaku. Meaning, you are consciously forcing yourself to regenerate while you pull or grow your bone. But it's only a regen for that ability. Being attacked and sliced up by an opponent doesn't result in the same regen ability.

If it's a self-inflicted injury due to the Shikotsumyaku, then it's instant. If not, there's no regen.

I would consciously force myself to regenerate anything then. It wouldn't make sense if I chose not to. If one can consciously do it, then one would do it whenever they needed.

Even if it's passive to where it can't be controlled and is only active once you start using Shikotsumyaku then it still needs to be added.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »

I guess the simplest would be to say a considerably slower version of 'Healing power', only affecting areas near where shikotsumyaku's been used.

Say you fire a fingerbone? That hole won't close until you grow the bone back.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »

I guess the simplest would be to say a considerably slower version of 'Healing power', only affecting areas near where shikotsumyaku's been used.

Say you fire a fingerbone? That hole won't close until you grow the bone back.

The bones regrow almost instantly. The wounds heal the same way.

I don't see how the healing factor would be able to differentiate where the Shikotsumyaku has been used or not if it's passive.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

Use chakra to stimulate bone growth, it radiates to surrounding cells to in turn stimulate cell division or some such.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »

Use chakra to stimulate bone growth, it radiates to surrounding cells to in turn stimulate cell division or some such.

So I'd just purposely pop out a bone in said area that I want to be healed and done. >>; xD

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »

Don't see why not, its a fairly common trick among regenerators.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »

Don't see why not, its a fairly common trick among regenerators.

If it's able to be worked around why not just have it apply to the whole body and not only Shikotsumyaku areas?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »

Because shiko areas would be at least slightly logical still, as opposed to full body for no real reason. Canon seems to somewhat support this too, since the holes in Kimmi's skin from Gaara's Sabaku Taisou didn't close up until he manipulated bones again for CS2. If it was full body autonomous regen like healing power, they'd have started closing up right away.

Plus well, its always that much nicer when things actually have a logical weakness too.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 07:20:14 PM »

Because shiko areas would be at least slightly logical still, as opposed to full body for no real reason. Canon seems to somewhat support this too, since the holes in Kimmi's skin from Gaara's Sabaku Taisou didn't close up until he manipulated bones again for CS2. If it was full body autonomous regen like healing power, they'd have started closing up right away.

Plus well, its always that much nicer when things actually have a logical weakness too.

It's also shown to instantly heal in all the other parts, which outweighs the one part that it didn't autoheal.

Regeneration for the full body as a passive power I don't see as far fetched. The reason would be Kaguya clan members can use all 206 bones as a weapon, which is your whole body. That's logical.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

Knowing SL people though, that's just going to turn into 'Oh I'm Hashirama with bone weapons now, free super healing power ftw'. Imo it'd be wiser to limit it a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.