Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15886 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »

Knowing SL people though, that's just going to turn into 'Oh I'm Hashirama with bone weapons now, free super healing power ftw'. Imo it'd be wiser to limit it a bit.

I already said not the same level as Hashirama hax. That was my main question. What is the limitation of it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »

Well I already far slower and only in areas you use shiko at, but you kinda shot down both several times >>;

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 07:32:08 PM »

Well I already far slower and only in areas you use shiko at, but you kinda shot down both several times >>;

I was okay with only in shiko areas, but since I said the whole body is able to use Shiko then any part would technically be a shiko area. Also it's so easily bypassed.

And how much slower? It needs to be fast enough to repair tissues, nerves, etc but also slower than hax.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »

Even with the "bypass" you'd still have to go through the pain of manipulating in those injured areas tho =P

And iunno. Kinda feels like half, if not slower. Byakugou and HP kick in just about instantly, heal even full impalement wounds (susanoo sword through tsunades gut) in seconds, shiko seems to take a little bit and even then it just inches along.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 07:41:33 PM »

Even with the "bypass" you'd still have to go through the pain of manipulating in those injured areas tho =P

And iunno. Kinda feels like half, if not slower. Byakugou and HP kick in just about instantly, heal even full impalement wounds (susanoo sword through tsunades gut) in seconds, shiko seems to take a little bit and even then it just inches along.

I'm either or for it being passive or it is only in shiko areas. Both work to me.

It's fast enough to where the person can still move. Like it never even happened. The second the bone starts to be removed another one takes place and any excess materials such as nerves and the likes are done within seconds also.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »

Wiki does state it takes a while for the limb/part to be usable again though, unless the bones are consciously grown back.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »

Wiki does state it takes a while for the limb/part to be usable again though, unless the bones are consciously grown back.

So passive slower than consciously.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 08:02:59 PM »

I suppose it'd be notably slower for full body passive, faster for only localized conscious.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »

So passive slower than consciously.

Which is totally what I had meant in my post.

And that would be a round about way to heal though with the Shiko "areas" but none the less, I don't think auto regen just because should be allowed. Just as was mentioned about the Hashirama hax. Only heal if using the Shiko in that area.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »

The Kaguya KG is a Yang Release. Yang release governs the use of the body and its vitality in jutsu, like the Akimichi's body expansion set of jutsu.

By some coincidence, most healing techniques would also fall under Yang release for the same reason as above.

Consider this also. The Senju as a whole have great physical energy, but only one who was a reincarnation of an uber physical energy guy got to use wood release in the canon series. Tsunade, combining Uzumaki and Senju physical energy uberness, could have her body completely severed in half and still live long enough to save herself and the other Kage, or at least buy time for Oro and company to arrive.

The Kaguya, naturally then, only obtain their KG if they have the incredible physical energy required to perform the Yang release natured techniques. Specifically, the KG allows him to control the bone regulating and creating cells in the body. As the manga more graphically depicts, when he takes stuff out of his body, it generally causes a small amount of bleeding at first. That means that either their healing ability or the differing anatomy account for those injuries.

(middle of the fight between Gaara and Kimmimaro) http://www.mangapanda.com/93-221-1/naruto/chapter-216.html

Bear in mind, however, that a Kaguya's body is dramatically different than that of the ordinary human. When Kimmi pulled out his spinal cord, it was under the influence of sage transformation (I.E, senjutsu) along with that huge bone forest jutsu that he used. Could he have performed those without the cursed seal? Well, SL headcanon tends to believe so from what I've noticed in the past (recently haven't found a Kaguya, but I recall my fight with Luka).

So, back to the original question. What kind of regenerative power does the Kaguya have? I would imagine their passive regenerative power is considerable, but considering that we never saw anything actually pierce through the Kaguya body, we can assume that it can very swiftly (I would not daresay instantly) close up small wounds in the body. The guy's got such a skeletal structure, I doubt losing a spine (while in that sage transformation state) even affected his ability to stand to any serious degree, nor did it seem to do any noticeable damage.

So I'd say passively without enhancements, it could easily close up small wounds and such without much trouble. Passively, enhanced with sage mode, it could almost instantly patch up small wounds, and very quickly repair more serious ones like the spinal cord replacement trick. That's my view on it.

P.S As a comment towards Shiko areas, pretty much the entire body is a shiko area. The guy could form bone underneath his skin to protect him from getting crushed, so there is really nowhere that could be considered non-Shiko affectable from what I've seen.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »

Eric, I love you. <3

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »

...so, TL;DR, you want to make it an even more OP healing than Byakugou >_> hooookay.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 08:54:16 PM »

...so, TL;DR, you want to make it an even more OP healing than Byakugou >_> hooookay.

small wounds without sage mode and bigger ones with sage mode

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

Could live with that I guess.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »

Let me focus out the point of the longer statement:

... So I'd say passively without enhancements, it could easily close up small wounds and such without much trouble. Passively, enhanced with sage mode, it could almost instantly patch up small wounds, and very quickly repair more serious ones like the spinal cord replacement trick. That's my view on it.

Bear in mind, unlike Byakugou or Jashinist levels of healing, this would be absolutely useless if you were to get your head chopped off, get your heart pierced, or be poisoned/stuck with venom. Additionally, anything that affects your physical energy specifically can mess up your healing if not outright stop it.

Additionally, my long statement did not explicitly cover organs, as none of Kimmi's organs were seriously pierced or injured in the fight (hence a diffuclty in putting a canon-backed label on that). A ruptured kidney, outside of sage mode, is still going to cause issues. A pierced heart (if you get that far) will still do you in.

The Kaguya, yes, would be practically immune to physical damage due to their bones combined with healing ability, but as we saw in that fight with Gaara, that is not something we just came up with on the spot, it's suggested by canon that it would be next to impossible to seriously injure a Kaguya with physical damage alone. With all those openings and such, poison and venom would likely be more effective against them than trying to beat them over the head with a punch.

P.S Don't forget about corrosives, especially ones designed against biological structures.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:01:07 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.