Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15762 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »

I wish. You permit anything even remotely close to healing power to kaguyas, they will link it to organs and everything too, you know how these people are. Needless to say I'd rather go with Shadow's idea of it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »

I don't think it should be applied to organs. 90% of the time your opponent won't even be able to dent bone armor.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »

Basically this. In a sense it'd make them worse than jashinists, because them you can at least decapitate to immobilize. Good luck breaking the spine of a kaguya though.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 09:53:25 PM »

Basically this. In a sense it'd make them worse than jashinists, because them you can at least decapitate to immobilize. Good luck breaking the spine of a kaguya though.

Dust Release, Steam Release, Kamui, Fuinjutsu, Storm Release (shock and awe), Scorch release (bone or no bone, a dehydrated body is still a death sentence), Steel release weapon augmented with Futon (increase cutting ability plus durability), Diamond weapon coated in Futon (Kimmi's hardest bone was shattered by Gaara's super condensed sand defense if you recall), etc.

I mean, as long as they're not in sage mode, it's not really all that complicated. They go in sage mode and then you'll have to likely go into sage mode with them. If they have anything else augmenting their body other than Shiki, then alright, I can see how it could get a bit out of hand, but just plain Shiki on its own is not invincible.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 10:00:10 PM »

So healing powers have an established base....to a degree.

My second thought was where they could make bones and how many. >>

Since Kimmi can grow a layer under his skin where none are can members then grow bones in their stomachs so long as the organs are not injured. Would one be allowed to continuously keep their shiko active? Like say they always want bones sticking out of their palms.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

Technically you could grow either a plate or more ribs (reach over from spine at lower back) around the abdomen area too, though this would naturally hamper your ability to bend over considerably, if not prevent it completely. As for playing a human porcupine, I suppose you technically can if only the creation/manipulation of bones takes chakra but not just keeping them around. I wouldn't recommend it though, if your healing power would consider it an injury it could cause severe chakra drain or other complications, not to mention keeping holes to the body open would basically be an invitation to bacteria, disease et cetera.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 10:22:50 PM »

Technically you could grow either a plate or more ribs (reach over from spine at lower back) around the abdomen area too, though this would naturally hamper your ability to bend over considerably, if not prevent it completely. As for playing a human porcupine, I suppose you technically can if only the creation/manipulation of bones takes chakra but not just keeping them around. I wouldn't recommend it though, if your healing power would consider it an injury it could cause severe chakra drain or other complications, not to mention keeping holes to the body open would basically be an invitation to bacteria, disease et cetera.

The holes would not stay there long enough for disease and bacteria unless it is directly exposed to such either intentionally or by accident. I imagine keeping the Shiki active all the time would be similar (but not the same) to constantly maintaing the size shifting of the Akimichi. The body wouldn't be too detrimentally affected by it, but I imagine that it would be impractical for day to day reasons, not necessarily because of the drain in chakra.

Recall, the Akimichi had to maintain a healthy diety in order to use their techniques. Naturally then, the Kaguya would have to maintain high calcium amounts (and whatever is used to absorb it) in order to stay in peak condition. As earlier noted, retracting those bones back into the body (or having those bones having any sort of openings) might would invite bacteria or viruses or other nasty stuff into the body, which would be bad.

So yeah, impractical to keep it active indefinitely outside of battle, but hardly because the body would mistake it as an injury that needs to be remedied.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »

Skin is a fairly tight seal >_>; bacteria doesn't really get in lest you get a cut or something that pierces it.

Shiko bones sticking out would be exactly that. Even if the exploded skin and muscle from their emerging closes up around it, its still not gonna prevent microscopic organisms from getting through should you get dirty.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »

Skin is a fairly tight seal >_>; bacteria doesn't really get in lest you get a cut or something that pierces it.

Shiko bones sticking out would be exactly that. Even if the exploded skin and muscle from their emerging closes up around it, its still not gonna prevent microscopic organisms from getting through should you get dirty.

But if the bones go back inside, they would carry back inside any microbes that were with them. No wonder Kimmi ended up dying of illness lol.

And the skin would knit up around the bone, reforming the seal, similar to a jewelry piercing. So while the initial breakage would break the seal, upon healing, the seal would be back in place. At least I'm pretty sure that's how that would work.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

Difference is jewelry typically makes a hole all the way through, while shiko bones would be just an exit point, so it has no way to close up with the bone in the way.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »

Difference is jewelry typically makes a hole all the way through, while shiko bones would be just an exit point, so it has no way to close up with the bone in the way.

Wouldn't it just close up around the bone? Leave it long enough and you would kind of have a skin layerin thing where the area of penetration has an outside layer of skin, but the bone is still connected underneath, so shifting the bone out of place would re-open the wound and leave a permanent indentation where the bone previously was?

I can't wrap around why the body couldn't use the bone itself to help close up the gap. As long as the bone isn't moving about or anything of that sort anyways.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2014, 11:08:20 PM »

Cause it'd just make a kind of ring/hole around the bone, instead of fusing onto it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »

Cause it'd just make a kind of ring/hole around the bone, instead of fusing onto it.

Wouldn't that still close up the wound itself?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 11:13:25 PM »

Wouldn't bleed or anything, but there'd be a way inside the body through there, to my understanding about these things anyway.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »

What if instead of sucking the bones back up they just push them all the way out and that way no bacteria goes back in. >.>

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.