Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15873 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:30 PM »

Sage transformation, while not equal to sage mode, is very similar in the power that it grants. An inability to perfectly balance natural energy, but still able to control it and balance it enough, cause the user to undergo bodily transformations (Jiraiya) which may or may not be useful in combat. Jiraiya displayed an increase in mobility while he was in his transformed state. The point is that senjutsu can cause bodily modifications.

Right on the wikia, it says that Orochimaru developed his curse seals based on Jugo's sage transformation enzyme (I.E, he developed his CS based on Jugo's KG). The source of Jugo's clan power was apparently the dragon mound cave or whatever it is called. What that would mean i that Orochimaru's curse seals are also indirectly related to the snake sages.

It is also mentioned that the seal takes away chakra in exchange for senjutsu; the seal itself likely absorbs the wearer's chakra and adds it to its "pool", gathering natural energy and then supplying the wearer with it. So the natural energy is acquired very similar to sage mode, but is granted to the wearer in a fashion similar (though inferior) to sage transformation. Taking all of this into account, the wearer is basically going through a limited amount of sage transformation.

Sage transformation full and sage mode full are very similar, much like sharingan genjutsu and ordinary genjutsu. A KG aides in the gathering of one, and causes mildly different effects due to the KG. Without the KG, Jugo's clan absorbing natural energy passively would turn them all into statues or films of skin or whatever.

When in sage transformation, Jugo can take the organs and chakra of others and add them to his own body in order to heal himself. Applying this idea to Kimmi, upon entering sage mode, Kimmi attained added resilience to survive removal of his spine and the subsequent healing that would have to take place. His Kaguya-ness is that a spine grew back without him having to snatch it from someone else, but potentially, his ability to survive doing so came from his limited sage transformation state.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »

I reeeeally do not think anybody besides Juugo can pull off the whole body mass manipulation. Maybe other senninka people, but definitely not CS2 people. Otherwise CS2 people wouldn't have a fixed transformation state, they could become anything they wished as long as they had the flesh for it.

TL;DR = rip out that spine as CS2, you have to regrow it, can't just stick one back in from someone else.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »

I don't think the Kaguya remove their original bones as much as they just sprout new ones off of the old ones, if you know what I mean? he doesn't really pull his spine out, more like pulling out a duplicate spine whip

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »

I did suspect it about the spine. Drill and forest obviously are separately grown ones.

The sword is debatable. One one hand Kimmi's arm would have lost shape and slumped from removing the original, on the other he may have just regrown a replacement too quick for that to happen or on the same time as removing the old.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:15 AM »

The sword is debatable. One one hand Kimmi's arm would have lost shape and slumped from removing the original

I swear that happened at some point in the manga.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2015, 12:36:27 AM »

I don't think his bones are ever removed from the skeletal structure, he just grows whatever attachments or bullets or spines that he needs from the old ones, you know what I mean?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:27 AM »

Did happen, it limped for just a second before he turned his forearm into a porcupine.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:23 AM »

I reeeeally do not think anybody besides Juugo can pull off the whole body mass manipulation. Maybe other senninka people, but definitely not CS2 people. Otherwise CS2 people wouldn't have a fixed transformation state, they could become anything they wished as long as they had the flesh for it.

TL;DR = rip out that spine as CS2, you have to regrow it, can't just stick one back in from someone else.

Make a custom technique for "borrowing" other people's body parts and I'm sure CS2 people could pull it off.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.