Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Possible board for introductions  (Read 18224 times)

Teostra

• View Profile
Possible board for introductions
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:27:38 AM »

Well, I've been playing this game for years and took a break for a long while because I felt like the whole political aspect of the game (RP wise) was getting stupid. But, now I'm back and I've kind of been able to view it from a non-playing viewpoint considering my character's pretty much in RP limbo and likely isn't coming back any time soon.

My request is specifically for the RP section of the board. Why not have either a child board or another section of the board simply for new players who want to introduce themselves to the other people RPing. Since it seems that a lot of the key players RP wise frequent the boards, I believe it would be a good way for new players to kind of post a short bio about who their character is and maybe a little backstory so everyone else can realize they're part of the 'verse' now (or at least want to be part of it). I remember a long time ago when I started playing, this game was a lot more populated so it was easier to get into the scene of RPing. Now since the key figures are pretty much established they all seem to kind of play with each other from what I've seen and new players are treated like Konohamaru and passed aside.

Another thing that might also be good is a bit of a bulletin board in the RP section to kind of post the current going-ons in the SL universe. That could be current events, current kages, any important things within each city, etc...Because from just jumping back into the game, I don't know what the heck is going on and I'm pretty sure a lot of newer people (who aren't just alts of already established people, because those don't count) feel the same way I do.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Possible board for introductions
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:41:41 AM »

I like both of those ideas.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:10:42 AM »

I like both of those ideas.

We're going to need a secretary or two in order to bullet point all of the villages major going-ons. Not countin the big 5, there is still Ame and Kusa and the wanderers that would want a piece of the publicity.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:11:13 AM »

I concur, done. :)

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »

As for a bulletin board, here's my example of what it should be. I don't know if it's do-able, but it would be just one post that would be able to be edited instead of one that updates with additional posts. The difficult thing would be deciding who is in charge of recording the information and updating what goes on.

BULLETIN BOARD
CURRENT LEADERS
Hokage: Kage Lennon
Kazekage: Sannin McCartney
Mizukage: Kage Harrison
Raikage: One And Only
Tsuchikage: Genin Ono

VILLAGE NEWS
Konoha: A fossilized poop has been found in the library. Hokage Lennon has sent all research teams to investigate any potential relation to Bijuu. Updated 5JAN15
Suna: Experiencing record rainfall. Kazekage McCartney requesting local ninja to help with flood repair. Updated 6JAN15
Mizu: Currently under a tsunami warning. All hands prepare to protect the shore of village to prevent any damage from occurring. Updated 4JAN15
Rai: Be on the lookout for Genin Jagger. He has stolen a secret teriyaki recipe from the Raikage's mansion. Any ninja who encounter him should attempt to recover the recipe. Updated 6JAN15
Tsuchi: Tsuchikage is throwing a party within the city to celebrate recent peace talks with Hokage Lennon. All are invited Updated 5JAN15

OTHER POSTINGS
And I guess here, people could request different things. Like people could PM the people in charge of the board and put out things like Genin Richards is looking for a team in order to accomplish something. It would kind of serve as those boards you see at supermarkets where people put up guitar lessons or babysitters.

Wonder if anyone else thinks this is a good idea/format.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »

goodness. I guess we complicated things considerably. lol
I suppose a summary thread could be a sticky topic like that in the bulletin section that Ace made?

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »

Yep. Many years ago it was just a whole bunch of people each with their own separate stories and no consistency in what was going on (Which made it pretty fun, honestly). But now, it seems to resemble more of a business than a game.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »

@Teostra

Unfortunately, other members' posts cannot be edited by other members- for obvious reasons.
For now, updates via additional posts or contacting the person who created the topic.

If members think the topic is clustered with additional posts, we may create a new updated version while deleting the old one, no problem. =)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »

I think the events might need to be colorcoded, especially if there is not going to be any space between the various villages that are put up. i mean, Kay added not just the main villages, she put some of the obscure ones up there too. Some of which I have never even heard of.

All the same, some way to easily pick out which is which village would be a pleasing aesthetic.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »

I think the events might need to be colorcoded, especially if there is not going to be any space between the various villages that are put up. i mean, Kay added not just the main villages, she put some of the obscure ones up there too. Some of which I have never even heard of.

All the same, some way to easily pick out which is which village would be a pleasing aesthetic.

Was going to create sub-boards for each village under bulletin boards- we can discuss later how to address the not so active ones.

I think there is clear activity in numerous of the villages on SL. On the forum though, not all participate for various reasons (an entirely different discussion). Though it would be only reasonable to have a section dedicated for each "group" to share their updates if they wish to. =)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 06:58:10 PM »

I agree Eric. It is a WIP status. not pretty to look at at all.
lol

I was kind of worried about not including everyone to avoid hurt feelings. A lot of things get ignored around here and it doesn't feel very good when it happens to be your area of SL.

Like...what about the not village clans? one of the oldest here is Pinoy.

anyway...I know it can't be everything to everyone so it is a starter list.

Somne will no doubt get removed due to inactivity issues and no news to report. that sort of thing.
for now it is a place to start. I hope...people should reply to that with stuff to add in or new blurbs that could be edited into the main post...i dont' know what is best to do there to be honest.
it is now day 1.
lol

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »

I agree Eric. It is a WIP status. not pretty to look at at all.
lol

I was kind of worried about not including everyone to avoid hurt feelings. A lot of things get ignored around here and it doesn't feel very good when it happens to be your area of SL.

Like...what about the not village clans? one of the oldest here is Pinoy.

anyway...I know it can't be everything to everyone so it is a starter list.

Somne will no doubt get removed due to inactivity issues and no news to report. that sort of thing.
for now it is a place to start. I hope...people should reply to that with stuff to add in or new blurbs that could be edited into the main post...i dont' know what is best to do there to be honest.
it is now day 1.
lol

But if they do not come onto the forum, then they would never be able to update their bulletin board. They would have to be convinced to actually come onto the forum and update the bulletin before adding non-forum going places would be beneficial in the long run. Unless they get someone on the forum to update for them.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »

Why not make it a MoTD? Post that there is a bulletin board on the MoTD that way everyone can see it. And maybe include information about the introduction board for people who want to get into RPing, that way they know it exists. If it's a MoTD, everyone should get that popup next time they sign into the game letting them know the news.
That or the people who are supposed to be in charge of their respective bulletin board (the village leader), should get a PM to let them know of its existence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »

that would be a good idea. Cause frankly due to all our bad behaviors...*cough*...the forum has kind of  a bad rep. to know something new and possibly useful to people could be an incentive to come here...and if we behave, maybe change things round for the best on all fronts.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.