Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 8 Gates Death  (Read 4452 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
8 Gates Death
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »

So, how many turns do we think it should take for someone who has opened the 8th Gate to die?

Also, should you be able to delay it by using abilities like Body Revival Technique and Healing Power?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: 8 Gates Death
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »

I feel like the "set time" or whatever before you boil could be delayed by Healing power or Body revival. But technically couldn't Yin healing delay it too?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »

So, how many turns do we think it should take for someone who has opened the 8th Gate to die?

Also, should you be able to delay it by using abilities like Body Revival Technique and Healing Power?

6 turns max imho, with that being reduced depending on the stress put on the body during that time. 4 regular, 6 with healing delays.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »

Yeah I could see that too.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

Yeah, seeing Bocch and I were talking about it due to our fight, I'll comment.

I think that it should be 4/5 normally but the counter should start from the first post the gates are active. Not after.

As for something like what I have, Healing Power, I think two turns extra, maybe three. Just because Madara took a blow from the Eight Gates, the strongest move at that, and was able to heal himself from the damage done.

I don't argue it should be a super-duper saver, but still.

And, on a side note, would stacking things like that extend the time even more? I don't have anything really besides the Healing Power... But what if someone had Healing Power and, let's say, Body Revival? O.o; Or Yin Seal and another?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »

Madara has the Juubi though

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:50 PM »

Also a good point, which technically brings me to another point;

The amount of chakra put into a Healing Factor and if that'd change how much time said person has o.o

There are a lot of factors to take in when considering this.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »

I feel like you could use chakra to 'boost' your healing effects. but it would drain you

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »

Well almost all of those abilities are just heal from all wounds, so would stacking them really do anything? It would be like using Kamui and Hozuki tech simultaneously to avoid an attack, pretty asinine.

We should just say 4 or 5 is the base and you can add one or two with medical ninjutsu.

Would death come faster if you use Hachimon Tonko no Jin techniques? Those being Evening Elephant and Night Guy? I would say you die the turn after using Night guy, regardless of what you've done/are doing.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »

Yeah I feel the night guy finalizes the kill, but the evening elephant doesn't

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »

Alright, makes sense. Stacking may not work, but what if they just waited? O.o Like, right before the two extra turns from Healing Power was up... Let's say I have the Yin Seal. If I used it right then, would I get two more? Or is it one extension? That makes sense, to me.

And yeah, I don't think Evening Elephant should kill someone. Or tax. But, if anything, it should tax a single posting turn o.o Makes sense, seeing as the person doesn't get many to begin with.

And Yeah, Night Guy is the end. I agree to that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:34 PM »

Yeah, seeing Bocch and I were talking about it due to our fight, I'll comment.

I think that it should be 4/5 normally but the counter should start from the first post the gates are active. Not after.

As for something like what I have, Healing Power, I think two turns extra, maybe three. Just because Madara took a blow from the Eight Gates, the strongest move at that, and was able to heal himself from the damage done.

I don't argue it should be a super-duper saver, but still.

And, on a side note, would stacking things like that extend the time even more? I don't have anything really besides the Healing Power... But what if someone had Healing Power and, let's say, Body Revival? O.o; Or Yin Seal and another?

He was also the 10-tails host, which including the massive amount of life energy from the husk of the beast. Had he just been Hashirama healing power he would have been dead. Seeing as it is the intense amount of chakra flowing through you that's burning you up in the first place, I don't think stacking more chakra on top of that is going to help, even if it is for the sake of healing.

And I'm surprised it came up in a biju match where both combatants are hosts, since neither one of you can really afford to open the 8th gate.

Using something like Night Guy would definitely take a turn or two off of the survival counter.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »

Well Evening Elephant does hurt so much that Guy could not successfully do it on his first attempt.

I think using that fully (since no one is going to go 8 Gates and then say they fail at attacking) you would lose 1 turn. So if you were healing up to 6 using Elephant would bring you one post closer to dying.

I don't think you should be able to bs, is my opinion. >> Regeneration Techs like White Strength Seal are supposed to shorten your life anyway. So using them in conjunction with the 8 Gates would just make you die faster if you spam them. 4 posts normal or 6 with regen, no reason to complicate it.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:34 PM »

Madara has Juubi so he doesn't quite count; unless you destroy his head or keep the heart obliterated until he suffers brain death from lack of oxygen, he's as far as we can see immortal. Sure you could argue he'll still suffer damage from it, but if he can regrow half his body like a starfish within seconds he could blow his limbs away with night guy or something, then wait a few sec floating around for them to grow back.

Only problem would be how could he close it after that, lest he'd rek his heart and regrow one with the pressure point shut, lol.

I've always detested strict limits on shit, I prefer common sense and "honor system", but obviously not gonna fly here so meh.

Body revival I believe was basically unanimously agreed that it can't do squat against 8th gate. Even wiki I recall had something on that since it was far before 8ths gate real nature was ever revealed.

Healing power, never really believed in it being as awesome as people say, so I'd say a post at most, maybe two if you're a purebred senju without any gene therapies or whatever.

Yin seal might stall it for a post at most, maybe two if you plan to exhaust your whole chakra on it.

Byakugou I could see going two to three, but as above you'd exhaust your chakra in it and be screwed.

Yin and or byakugou aren't going to shorten ones lifespan without numerous uses during which huge injuries are fixed, one use alone isn't going to shave years off or anything, so it wouldn't lower it in this case I believe.

Stacking might function in some cases, but I can't see how could one realistically have the chakra to withstand such a big constant drain.

Evening elephant, it hurts like a bitch but so does lotus, don't see it actually dropping your time unless you spam it nonstop asa kujaku style.

Night guy though, that will just kill you. You might twitch on the ground half a minute at most, but you won't be doing anything at all after that except crumbling to ash.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »

While we're on the subjects of healing abilities, lets take note that Madara's use of Hashirama's Healing Power is augmented by not only Senjutsu chakra, but also massive reserves of the Juubi's chakra and the Six Paths chakra.

So here's what we have when taking healing into consideration.

Shikotsumyaku - Passive/active healing
Healing Power - Passive healing
Byakugou - Passive/active healing
Yin Healing - Active healing
Biju healing/influence - Passive healing

The difference between active healing and passive healing, is the fact that one requires conscious activation, while the other occurs naturally. Although ones that are labeled as both fall under a special category where the passive healing must be activated. Active healing techniques would require an action in a single posting in order to use. Passive happens automatically, so long as the poster remembers to mention it. I could break down the differences in attaining/using each one and their strengths, but I would like to stay on topic here.

The Eighth Gate is called the Gate of Death because death is assured. Death is assured because you're literally burning your body away to dust. No amount of healing is going to help you survive or prolong that, is what I believe. The only thing that has been shown to save someone from death, is Naruto's use of the Six Paths Yang Power's healing ability. This seems to be the strongest healing ability out there, though it only seems to a blessing-type, where it's actually used to heal others, and not the user. But I could be wrong about that, since we've never been shown Naruto touching himself with it.

And on that note, before anybody else goes on to claim it for their own death-defying purposes, let this be my public declaration of abusing claiming it!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.