Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)  (Read 13322 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)
« on: March 06, 2015, 08:29:03 PM »

How many people claim the power of Hiraishin now? I've seen more people claim to have it than ever before. And am wondering how. Was it not under the student teacher rule?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:28:56 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Hiraishin (flying Thunder God)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »

Just putting it out there after years of not having it, my Keitō has finally acquired such. Through Athos and signing his own contract of secrecy. I personally am interested in all these 'researchers' of the technique as well. I was denied countless times during my countless travels in the shinobi world, only to gain it literally 3 years later. I thought it was up in the books with Edo Tensei and the like. Not just everyone who wants it gets it. I sure as hell ain't giving it up for nothin'. >>;

I'm in the mile high club, ma! :D

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

How many people claim the power of Hiraishin now? I've seen more people claim to have it than ever before. And am wondering how. Was it not under the student teacher rule?

Are you counting knock-offs of hiraishin?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »

Wouldn't swing it much even if he did, cause at least I outside of myself know only one or two at most.

'Researchers' who got bored of the possessers not wanting to teach are far more numerous.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »

Wouldn't swing it much even if he did, cause at least I outside of myself know only one or two at most.

'Researchers' who got bored of the possessers not wanting to teach are far more numerous.

He makes mention of the student-teacher rule is why I am asking, since knock-offs generally have to be somewhat based on the original in one way or another. Either through research or being taught a few principles.

To think that I could have had hiraishin had I exchange a few Nara clan secrets for it. And to think how much of a rip-off that would have been since I could just shadow imitate it. ^_^
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:34:15 PM »

Well Ichi and his sister claimed it, Sabumaru claims it and Hono and his peeps are now 'researching it' and well it's to the point of investigation. It's supposed to be 1 to 1. 1 teacher to one student and the student nor teacher can teach it to another until the student of teacher dies, no?

I'm not talking about any knock offs either. What spiked my wanting to know at fist was looking at Hono's profile and seeing such a thing there. Also Eric he claims to have mimicked our Nara clan jutsu. Don't know if that's out of bounds or what, you know more than me about that.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »

Its a yin type hiden so theoretically you can learn it as non-nara, or then just imitate. Where he learned it from or how though is another matter.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »

That's the main issue I am having here. Where and how. You can't just go hmmmmm I want it and auto learn it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »

I learned it through reverse engineering from a Kunai Dark left stuck in a target post in Sunagakure. I am a seal master in my own right.

This was of course before the world decided to jump stiff legged over who could and who could not have things...

Am not going to comply with the boy only club rule of thumb.

And have mentioned this the last time this topic was broached on the forum.

To date I have used it in RP one time.

You don't seem to have a want to use it and this is the first time I've heard of you knowing it nor do you want to claim to teach anyone it. As far as I'm concerned (not that I make the calls or anything) you're fine to me.

Other people however are not as humble as you.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »

Well Ichi and his sister claimed it, Sabumaru claims it and Hono and his peeps are now 'researching it' and well it's to the point of investigation. It's supposed to be 1 to 1. 1 teacher to one student and the student nor teacher can teach it to another until the student of teacher dies, no?

I'm not talking about any knock offs either. What spiked my wanting to know at fist was looking at Hono's profile and seeing such a thing there. Also Eric he claims to have mimicked our Nara clan jutsu. Don't know if that's out of bounds or what, you know more than me about that.

1) You take Hono super seriously? Alright, let me put it in that frame of reference then.

2) I am sure I can dig through these threads and find a discussion regarding Hono and hiraishin, the result of it likely being that he did not have it at the time of discussing. Whether that's changed now or what is beyond me at the moment.

3)And what is this "our" stuff? Shadow, I didn't know you were a Nara.  :eek: It's like Sasuke finding Obito in a closet next to Madara after the Uchiha clan massacre.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »

1) You take Hono super seriously? Alright, let me put it in that frame of reference then.

2) I am sure I can dig through these threads and find a discussion regarding Hono and hiraishin, the result of it likely being that he did not have it at the time of discussing. Whether that's changed now or what is beyond me at the moment.

3)And what is this "our" stuff? Shadow, I didn't know you were a Nara.  :eek: It's like Sasuke finding Obito in a closet next to Madara after the Uchiha clan massacre.

I take Hono as serious as people took grenada serious. None. The fact is that even though he has this attitude about him he still tries to mainstream rp which is where the issue piles up.

I do not claim to be of the Nara clan, but the Nara clan techniques I have for many many years. Also I love that example. <3

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »

I take Hono as serious as people took grenada serious. None. The fact is that even though he has this attitude about him he still tries to mainstream rp which is where the issue piles up.

I do not claim to be of the Nara clan, but the Nara clan techniques I have for many many years. Also I love that example. <3

Another Kirk when it comes to shadow imitation I see. My clan is already scarce enough without le pirates and estranged relatives. :( As long as he doesn't try to claim that he imitated my custom shadow imitation techniques without even seeing them (and even if he has seen them really), there is no reason for me to be concerned enough to start a witchhunt.

Regarding hiraishin, I highly doubt he has a legitimate claim to it. Albeit, as Kayenta put it, depending on who he RPs with, I suppose it would be a matter of acknowledgement rather than the facts of the matter.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 02:53:05 AM »

Hopefully I can clear up a few things.

I got Hiraishin from Bocchiere, and as for the '1 for 1' rule, that was never established. Aaron has always had more than one student, or he does now, at least. Or did. Aaron's scroll makes it so the knowledge cannot be taught, stolen, or anything like that.

Bocchiere learned from Tommi years ago. When that happened, he was able to teach whoever he wanted. During that time, he didn't make it so people who learned from him couldn't teach, or he did so right after teaching me, because I clarified I was going to make my own scroll and teach others.

That being said, I DO follow the only one student rule and have a scroll that works like Aaron. No one can teach it or have it stolen from their heads when signing my scroll and learning it. I have taught Keito and my other alt, Hazama, was taught it by Bocchiere as well and I don't intend to teach it to anyone from him.

As for Tokujiro, Masane, and Ichirou, that happened because of Tsuyo. When Tsuyo learned everything Bocch did, he gained the ability to teach people. Tokujiro was taught directly by Tsuyo, I am pretty sure, and Masane and Ichirou learned from... I don't recall, but from Tsuyo's stuff or his training, one of the two.

As for everyone else, well, I haven't the slightest. I hope this helps a bit.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 03:11:02 AM »

I got it straight from Dark several months back.

As for Hono researching it, I am under the impression he wants to learn it from Kamui who just bought it from Bocc. I think the researching thing in his bio is just something to have around stating that he is going for it. Though if simply researching it gets you FTG now, then I guess he is in the clear.   

As for the Nara clan stuff, the hiden itself cannot be claimed, but the custom stuff can. So if he goes around claiming space time shadows then call him out. Until then let him live his life.

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »

So what happens when all these 'owners' of techniques up and leave the site? Does that mean that the skills are just floating around in cyber-space out of everybody's reach? Where's the fun in that when you try to do something and someone you've never met before says 'nuh-uh! No stealsies'. Just let people learn the skills they want to learn through RP if they want. As long as they're not doing that lonely thing and making post after post after post just with themselves, it should be fine if they come up with or discover a way to use a jutsu. Just do it with a friend. Or a stranger, turn them into a friend.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 19 queries.