Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)  (Read 13380 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:44 AM »

My thought on this is, you can't deny the human eye of what it saw. I feel if you want to decode the unique marking, it would be acustom to whom ever you got it from; not really knowing Hirashin, but that specific users version of how it worked. Nevertheless, studying and decoding would take a long time. So, of course, if this was a attained a long time ago, given Tommi hasn't been around for a while. There could be augmented seals made from the various kunai he left around. If you study something long enough you're are bound to know it. Although, said person must already have extensive knowledge in seals and how to decode them to begin with; which is a highly experienced art to begin with in the sealing aspect.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:16 AM »

So, why is this an issue? Ignore all the unlegitimate users who 'researched' it aside from the ones like Kayenta wo've done it a long, long time ago. As for the people who were taught it or stole it, then kill them? It ain't that hard. There are a lot more users then there were before, but if it really bothers anyone that much then hunt the people that you think shouldn't have it.

Roughing it rather amusing to be hunted. Hell I might would even throw in my custom stuff.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 02:50:29 AM »

Me no claim because me no have. I can only claim Rasengan by RP.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »

Although Flying Thunder God Technique involves a special seal or "technique formula"  to mark an intended destination, it may not be as easy most of you think to "reverse-engineer" it.

Flying Thunder Formation Technique http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_Formation_Technique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1NSfcJkWE (Go to 9:55)

Not even 3 elite shinobis who guard the Hokage can learn the FTG tech and they had Minato teaching them. So if they cannot learn this skill with Minato as the teacher, what are odds one can even learn through reverse-engineering? >.>

Claiming to learn something that cannot be learned. v.v

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »

Reverse engineering doesn't necessarily mean an exact replica. Can be a mimicry too.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »

Well what if reverse engineering had some sort of Adverse side effect? Possibly slower teleportation time, or user strain, or cool down time, or something.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 06:26:22 AM »

Although Flying Thunder God Technique involves a special seal or "technique formula"  to mark an intended destination, it may not be as easy most of you think to "reverse-engineer" it.

Flying Thunder Formation Technique http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_Formation_Technique

Not even 3 elite shinobis who guard the Hokage can learn the FTG tech and they had Minato teaching them. So if they cannot learn this skill with Minato as the teacher, what are odds one can even learn through reverse-engineering? >.>

It's also entirely possible that most people don't have a natural speed high enough to justify using it in battle as well, as Minato was said to be quite speedy without hiraishin. 

As well, how many characters besides Orochimaru that might actually be the type (and smart enough) to be able to reverse engineer something so complicated.  Canon characters didn't spend their time doing research like that.  If an SL character is an engineer/experimenter and has enough experience with seals I don't see why it WOULDN'T be reverse engineerable other than "Hey but it's like REALLY hard to do, man."

But I do prolly agree that it's not likely so many people on SL would have the ability to decipher the jutsu considering how much knowledge you'd have to have of seals (and just being an Uzumaki doesn't really give you a shortcut on knowledge, contrary to what I've seen people doing here.)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 07:50:03 AM »

Minato taught them specifically that technique for a reason; he didn't want them having the original. Secondly, the 2nd Hokage created hiraishin and, to our knowledge, did not really "pass it down", and even if he had, Minato had to have learned it one way or another, either by reverse engineering it, "borrowing" it, re-engineering it from notes left behind (or otherwise), or being directly taught by an unknown user. There are two users in the entire canon-verse who know the technique in its entirety.

The Hokage Platoon Guard either learned a technique derived from hiraishin or a technique related to hiraishin. Either which way is the case, canon-wise, without the natural speed, reflexes, sensory ability, and chakra control to properly execute the technique, hiraishin is nigh imposssible to use on a level that would allow one to use it to its full extent. Tobirama's seal, when looking at it, really resembles a tag-based seal that eventually evolved into Minato's version of the seal with what resembles actual characters of a written language.

I have always considered it an advanced reverse summoning technique of sorts that is a little more literal and greatly refined, in that you summon yourself to a person/object rather than bringing them to you, though we know that hiraishin works both ways.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

Well the Wiki for Minato says that he is better at Hiraishin than Tobirama

Minato's signature ability was the Flying Thunder God Technique, which he'd gained a mastery of superior to its creator, the Second Hokage.[47]

But it never says anywhere that the Second Hokage taught it to him, so did he reverse engineer it?

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

Years ago, everyone feared wikis for the illegitimacy. But that dwindled down with moderation and acceptance of generally agreed ideals. Either way, no one should take the Wiki seriously at 'face value'.

Obviously we know as readers and viewers of the series; after Tobirama's reign, Sarutobi stepped in and then Minato. My thought is because they were both Hokage's, Minato might have had access to Tobirama's past files, documents, whatever. He inherited the rank and job Tobirama once held. So maybe through undisclosed doors and events, Minato himself practicioned and fiddled with Tobirama's fuinjutsu. (Albeit Minato himself, has shown a great deal of knowledge in Fuinjutsu, as well as his relation with the Uzumaki's the sealing experts themselves.)

Either way, it could indeed be possible that Minato pirated Tobirama's creation; which is why we have the two custom tags they have. Or he could have just learned it from Tobi, we will honestly and probably never know. But I do like the idea that over years, Minato had replicated the seal in his own method. Still making it Hirashin, although different from Tobirama's. This is what makes each hirashin user's marker different, since we don't exactly know just what the original user has composed into his own seal. Given that Minato couldn't hack into Tobirama's old networks.

Then again this whole reverse engineering thing could get out of hand. Where would it end? What will be the point of the originals? And their secrecy. The list could be endless with 'reverse engineering' a technique. Although, it doesn't have to be out of the question. If by legitimate RP means, your character has come across a way to gain a technique through experimenting and researching; over a lengthy time, then so be it. These teachings shouldn't become instant and should indeed be an over time sorta dealio.

Also just putting this out there since it was mentioned. Being an Uzumaki doesn't make you a sealing expert, but having the blood of an Uzumaki allows you a more advanced knowledge and chakra supply to preform above average seals; simply from my own observation(Nagato/Karin weren't some sorta sealing masters). It is only when you further enhance such ability YOURSELF that you can become an Uzumaki 'sealing expert'. I take pride in my blood and don't wish to see it tainted by you power hungry monsters. >__>'

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »

I'm pretty certain that the Second and Forth Hokage's were alive at the same time. So it is possible he taught him. I don't know why so many people want to deny that so hard.

It is possible. I'll have to look and dig into it but I have always viewed it as such. We know that oro, te Fifth, and Pervy Sage where around when the Firat was. When don't know how old they were wen he died and the second took over. I think the Second held the title for sometime after what not just a short short time. 

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »

Minato taught them specifically that technique for a reason; he didn't want them having the original. Secondly, the 2nd Hokage created hiraishin and, to our knowledge, did not really "pass it down", and even if he had, Minato had to have learned it one way or another, either by reverse engineering it, "borrowing" it, re-engineering it from notes left behind (or otherwise), or being directly taught by an unknown user. There are two users in the entire canon-verse who know the technique in its entirety.

The Hokage Platoon Guard either learned a technique derived from hiraishin or a technique related to hiraishin. Either which way is the case, canon-wise, without the natural speed, reflexes, sensory ability, and chakra control to properly execute the technique, hiraishin is nigh imposssible to use on a level that would allow one to use it to its full extent. Tobirama's seal, when looking at it, really resembles a tag-based seal that eventually evolved into Minato's version of the seal with what resembles actual characters of a written language.

I have always considered it an advanced reverse summoning technique of sorts that is a little more literal and greatly refined, in that you summon yourself to a person/object rather than bringing them to you, though we know that hiraishin works both ways.

Eric...did you watch the youtube video? They said it themselves.
Here's more proof for you: http://animerulezzz.org/?ttl=Manga%20Online:%20Naruto%20-%20Volume%2059%20-%20Chapter%20562%20-%20The%20Place%20to%20Find%20Yourself%20-%20Page%2016&t=MangaReader/view_read&aid=25&attl=Naruto+-+Volume+59+-+Chapter+562+-+The+Place+to+Find+Yourself&p=16&lang=en

In regards to how Minato learned the Flying Thunder God, I believe there is evidence that Tobirama DID NOT teach Minato FTG. Unfortunately, I cannot find a good site to search through the chapters to verify. However, we have been told time and time again of Minato's genius. There's always exception to the rule and he was the exception.

Also just putting this out there since it was mentioned. Being an Uzumaki doesn't make you a sealing expert, but having the blood of an Uzumaki allows you a more advanced knowledge and chakra supply to preform above average seals; simply from my own observation(Nagato/Karin weren't some sorta sealing masters). It is only when you further enhance such ability YOURSELF that you can become an Uzumaki 'sealing expert'. I take pride in my blood and don't wish to see it tainted by you power hungry monsters. >__>'

I disagree. Having the blood of an Uzumaki Clan does allows you a strong life force / longevity, which can translate into a large chakra supply. Considering we only know one member who was adept at seals while Naruto cannot perform a basic string of hand-seals to save his life, having the blood has nothing to do with gaining sealing prowess or have an aptitude in sealing. >.>
His mom is a sealing expert and his dad is a genius, but Naruto's hand-seal knowledge has been ranked 1 out of 5 for most of the series. >.>

In regards to the reverse-engineering, everyone is free to do whatever you want. Most of the people that claim FTG are using it wrong anyway. As it was stated earlier, the majority are using it as a free "get out of jail" card. This jutsu is mostly used to go on the offensive, not to flee away from your opponent. >.>

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:59 AM »

Isn't it just that Minato learned it from a scroll, I mean Naruto learned a Kinjustu from a scroll so it wouldn't be surprising if Minato did the same with Hiraishin. The same question could also be asked about how Orochimaru learned Edo Tensei, unless this was already stated.

Reverse engineering also seems like a cheap way to learn the technique since from what is seen, every user has a different seal. Assuming the seal is made by the user himself, it should be almost impossible to decipher the jutsu formula from just the seal itself.

"Minato was noted by Jiraiya to be one of the most talented shinobi who ever lived, a calibre that has yet to be met by anyone else.[8]"

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 06:22:45 AM »

I'm pretty certain that the Second and Forth Hokage's were alive at the same time. So it is possible he taught him. I don't know why so many people want to deny that so hard...

Because the 2nd Hokage died during the 1st Great Shinobi war while Hiruzen was still an adolescent. This was before he started training kid Sannin, and waaaay before kid Minato was trained by Jiraiya. Let's not also forget that Tobirama did not recognize Minato when the four were reincarnated together, so speculation aside, it is impossible for the 2nd to have directly taught Minato the technique.

Eric...did you watch the youtube video? They said it themselves...

The only thing that the youtube video and the chapter:

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/562/12

really thumped hard regarding my post was that they claim to have been explicitly taught by Minato the flying thunder god technique. And for saying otherwise, I admit that I was wrong on that measure.

The only explanation that I have for that is that hiraishin may require a level of chakra control that the trio individually did not possess. Otherwise, why else would it require three users to coordinate and do what is nothing short of a collaboration techinque in order to perform a technique that can otherwise be done by two other individuals with far fewer handsigns and without the aide of two others. Having marked Tsunade after her ascension, we can presume that they know how to make the seal, or at least had access to it.

This, however, does not change the detail that many SL reverse engineers of fuinjutsu not only have considerable chakra control, but also tend to also take the strongest of the viable fractions when picking up stuff from the series, and so would likely not be limited in the same fashion as the Platoon.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »

It's still somewhat vague how Minato got Tobirama's stuff. But let's get back a bigger issue that has been brought up here.

Being able to "duplicate", "recreate" or "replicate" a jutsu. By this, I mean figure out how a claimed or custom jutsu works without being taught it, in ways other than replicating the hand seals, mind-reading or reading a technique scroll. But to be more specific, learning a jutsu just by looking at it over and over again. It might sound crazy to some of you, but at the same time, it presents a risk to these special jutsu. Though in regards to claimed jutsu, it should only be possible if everyone who has a certain jutsu claimed either drops it, or has to let go of it automatically if they're inactive for a very long time, or dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.