Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)  (Read 13323 times)

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
Re: Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God)
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 02:05:03 AM »

I'm responding late to this as I was never notified.

There have long been rules in place that the Hiraishin cannot be replicated or copied on this website in particular to prevent it from being spread thin. This was to protect it from everyone and their uncles owning the skill; it's long been accepted.
Hiraishin cannot be copied on Shinobi Legends; that's the precedent.   The decision was that it was a seal that couldn't be reverse-engineered; that it was acceptable in this case due to the potential dangers Hiraishin has.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 02:26:35 AM »

I'm responding late to this as I was never notified.

There have long been rules in place that the Hiraishin cannot be replicated or copied on this website in particular to prevent it from being spread thin. This was to protect it from everyone and their uncles owning the skill; it's long been accepted.
Hiraishin cannot be copied on Shinobi Legends; that's the precedent.   The decision was that it was a seal that couldn't be reverse-engineered; that it was acceptable in this case due to the potential dangers Hiraishin has.

You really need to update those rules since after going back and reading about this rule, it dawned on me that this actually applies to roleplayers from SLS. (It even states SLS-verse and vice-versa)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »

I'm going to start reverse engineering EVERY single thing I can. How? Cause I'm a master at seals yo.

That's what some of you sound to me. Do you not see the problem with that cause I sure as hell do. Actually I am right now claiming Edo Tensei through that same method. I reversed engineered it and such. So now I know how to use it.

It shouldn't be allowed or as my example up there shows I could just pick and learn what I want from reversing it.

Dead Consuming Seal. - I'm not even Uzumaki and I'm going to now know how to use it.
Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal. - Seal in it's name oh hell yeah gonna grab that.

Of course I'm exaggerating here. But you CANT use such thinking to attain something.

(I'm tired so my logical thinking here might be faulty)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:31:03 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »

I'm going to start reverse engineering EVERY single thing I can. How? Cause I'm a master at seals yo.

That's what some of you sound to me. Do you not see the problem with that cause I sure as hell do. Actually I am right now claiming Edo Tensei through that same method. I reversed engineered it and such. So now I know how to use it.

It shouldn't be allowed or as my example up there shows I could just pick and learn what I want from reversing it.

Dead Consuming Seal. - I'm not even Uzumaki and I'm going to now know how to use it.
Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal. - Seal in it's name oh hell yeah gonna grab that.

Of course I'm exaggerating here. But you CANT use such thinking to attain something.

(I'm tired so my logical thinking here might be faulty)

In the case of Edo Tensei, you would need to have access to, at the bare minimum, an Edo Tensei body, and be capable of looking at the technique formula that controls the zombie. Even then, you would need direct access to the main scroll in order to have enough information to truly reverse engineer it. Otherwise, you might can make an inspiration knock-off, but actual reverse engineering of Edo Tensei itself would be much more ridiculous to claim than reverse engineerring hiraishin.

As far as teh Dead Consuming Seal goes, since using it kills the user, it is used very infrequently; unless the Uzumaki leave scrolls of it laying around where you can grab them (kind of like in the series eh?) it would be unlikely that you have actually seen the technique enough times let alone once to be able to truly reverse engineer it. The seal itself is based on the eight trigrams, so while from that you might could decipher the eight trigrams, I'm skeptical that summoning the Shinigami (without adding some SL-verse stuff) would be a stretch from just analyzing the seal. Copying the handsigns and chakra manipulation plus having access to the seal might would do it though.

There are actually special chakra requirements for Six Paths Ten-Tails Coffin Seal, so that would hinder its reverse engineerability considerably. But then again,  I haven't looked up that technique in awhile so the specifics on it are kind of lost on me for taking a swing at that example.

What makes hiraishin so special is that it does not require any handsigns to create nor to use, and does not harm the user upon usage. Since the seals are typically not all that well protected by the average user, gaining access to one of them is not a once in a lifetime opportunity. It is also specifically designated as using a technique formula, so most if not all of the information regarding the intricicies of the technique can likely be found in each hiraishin seal. Conversely, all that could be in it is the users' chakra and nothing more, but I find that unlikely.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »

Eric I'm not saying it's impossible so much as it shouldn't be allowed.

If it is allowed then like I said people will find other loopholes to use to steal things they were never taught.

Hell how would you even rp it?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:00:40 PM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »

Well I've gone out of my way to visit the canon landmarks and strip away any essential items 'left behind' and ultimately devised a scroll that would contain secrets and ins and outs of the Uzumaki-way. Its open only to Uzumaki's or those possibly worthy of learning them(none yet to date) and is kept hiden away from the world until necessary means are taken to retrieve it. Other than that I can physically pass on sacred hiden teachings without problems, so long as you aren't some wanna-be that just joins for the techniques. Although, Shinigami relations are on a whole other level, I don't think any are ready to handle his cynical ways. >>;

But I feel if there is a character that literally threw his/her hirashin markers left and right everywhere that wasn't a battle field, it could get researched. I think of the hirashin SEAL as some foreign language when it comes to seals. It surely is the same basic functions as a sealing technique but it is composed in a way to bend space and time, making it rather foreign to most normal methods of sealing. So in that respect, if a character was able to physical hold the sealing formula; over years of research they would indeed know how to replicate that exact formula. Its like saying, reading something over and over again wont get stuck in your head. If thats the case who would read anything. >>;

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 09:44:24 PM »

Well I've gone out of my way to visit the canon landmarks and strip away any essential items 'left behind' and ultimately devised a scroll that would contain secrets and ins and outs of the Uzumaki-way. Its open only to Uzumaki's or those possibly worthy of learning them(none yet to date) and is kept hiden away from the world until necessary means are taken to retrieve it. Other than that I can physically pass on sacred hiden teachings without problems, so long as you aren't some wanna-be that just joins for the techniques. Although, Shinigami relations are on a whole other level, I don't think any are ready to handle his cynical ways. >>;

But I feel if there is a character that literally threw his/her hirashin markers left and right everywhere that wasn't a battle field, it could get researched. I think of the hirashin SEAL as some foreign language when it comes to seals. It surely is the same basic functions as a sealing technique but it is composed in a way to bend space and time, making it rather foreign to most normal methods of sealing. So in that respect, if a character was able to physical hold the sealing formula; over years of research they would indeed know how to replicate that exact formula. Its like saying, reading something over and over again wont get stuck in your head. If thats the case who would read anything. >>;

I'm not saying it can't be done. Cause in truth no one can do it by any scientific means. In Naruto however anything is possible. It shouldn't be allowed.

If people are allowed to reverse one seal then ALL seals are subject to the same thing.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 10:37:08 PM »

Researched as in; mad-scientist you spent years of your characters life working on perfecting your own variation of the technique. Not 'less that 2 minutes after encounter with Hiraishin user: researched and devised own hirashin marker from said person'. I'm totally against the ideal of pirating/reverse engineering every technique with such fashion. The series never showed shinobi with such knowledge to know techniques out of their range, unless they were heavy experimenters. i.e Orochimaru, knowing what he knows.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.