Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could a Ninja Live off Their Own Jutsu?  (Read 4313 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Could a Ninja Live off Their Own Jutsu?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »

Does a Hozuki die if they evaporate?

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »

They can't evaporate.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »

They can't evaporate.

If they were hit with scorch release while transformed I imagine it would be possible.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »

Or just extreme heat in general. Could say that houzuki don't burn, they just evaporate into nothingness.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »

Technically the hozuki would be mist. Water turns into gas once it becomes hot enough, it doesn't turn into nothingness and cease to exist. Could the hozuki then re-condense themselves afterwards or are they forever mixed in with the air? Reminds me of Yakan's smoke transformation.

If the pressure was high enough in the surrounding area and their mist becomes water again would they 'revive'?

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 11:07:26 PM »

Technically the hozuki would be mist. Water turns into gas once it becomes hot enough, it doesn't turn into nothingness and cease to exist. Could the hozuki then re-condense themselves afterwards or are they forever mixed in with the air? Reminds me of Yakan's smoke transformation.

If the pressure was high enough in the surrounding area and their mist becomes water again would they 'revive'?

I say its possible depending on how they are turned to mist. Suigetsu proved that sufficient force can knock out a person using Suika no Jutsu, reverting them to a jelly like state. So if hit hard enough to the point the user would turn into mist, I say their minds would be too damaged to revert back, meaning death.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 02:16:23 AM »

So, yes, evaporate. I imagine if they were evaporated the separation of the water molecules would kill them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 03:30:18 AM »

Well what if they get like a vat of Lava dumped on them, or encased in it so that there's no where for the Mist to go? What would happen then?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 05:17:39 AM »

They would be broken down to individual water molecules. Unless the hydrogen bonds are broken, they should still be able to reform whenever the water molecules have a chance to escape. Technically, If they stay in vapor state, they should be able to live indefinitely. But now we're really grasping at straws and speculating. We're at Ancient Aliens level of speculation now.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »

They would be broken down to individual water molecules. Unless the hydrogen bonds are broken, they should still be able to reform whenever the water molecules have a chance to escape. Technically, If they stay in vapor state, they should be able to live indefinitely. But now we're really grasping at straws and speculating. We're at Ancient Aliens level of speculation now.

They cannot live indefinitely because this state requires chakra to use; once they run out of chakra in the lava example, presuming they are not forced to revert back sooner, they would return to normal and be melted or die from 0 chakra, whichever came first. As a vapor state, similar principle applied, but recall that the Hozuku are not purely water, they are more like a water-based slime of sorts that would likely have a different boiling point than regular water. The water would be boiled while the leftovers would probably take longer to evaporate, presuming they don't just burn or are turned to ash.

So I think getting hit with scorch release would still kill a Hozuki off, transformed or no, as would being encased in lava.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 02:56:26 AM »

I feel like the big thing they would have to worry about with lava would be turning into rock, right? When the lava would hit the Hozuki body water it would probably start solidifying and evaporating them all at once

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »

I feel like the big thing they would have to worry about with lava would be turning into rock, right? When the lava would hit the Hozuki body water it would probably start solidifying and evaporating them all at once

The lava turns to rock not the water. The water cools it down so the once fast moving atoms settle and get close together to form rock. Water will get evaporated in the process no doubt. With enough lava the hozuki would evaporate soon enough.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.