Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Post Compiler  (Read 2985 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Post Compiler
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:38:50 AM »

I don't even know if this potential idea is even possible, but I might as well throw the idea out there :)

Basically, this idea could be a place where you could plug in someone's name and it would pull up every active post on SL by that person. Kind of like how we have a 'view post' option on the forums. I know that some people complain about 'proof' when it comes to RP, or some people might just want to have a way to reference something that they might have done earlier or grab it as a pdf. And I know that sometimes things can be pushed really far back, so even though it might be possible to sift through a bunch of pages, this would be a bit of a convenience.

Maybe make this an option in the mission headquarters and make it cost some DP, so it's not free to do all the time. Probably 50-100 DP every time would be fair I believe because you can easily make that up by killing Orochimaru. And maybe to make it fair and to maintain privacy, you could only look up every post by YOUR character. For example, I can't look up Kayenta's or Moonfire's posts since I'm Becquerel, just as they can't look up my post because they're not me. And when you're done checking out your posts, a pop-up would appear that asks 'are you done?' just like when you delete your PMs that way you won't lose DP just from a miss-click.

Hopefully my request makes sense. And like I said, I don't even know if it's possible. But, it doesn't hurt to ask :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Vail

• View Profile
Re: Post Compiler
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 04:44:02 AM »

Sounds like a good idea to me. I hate having to scroll through pages upon pages on village boards to find my posts.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:56:28 PM by Vail »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:13 AM »

I would not object to this notion if it was for your own posts only.

My secret meeting to overthrow the Otokage and scrap his body out for parts, that is taking place in a hidden Oto dwelling, should not be view-able to him cause then he would know the names of those involved and be on the look out.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:40 PM »

It would be a huge stalking instrument, I have to agree.

Technically, we'd need to hide all houses etc you have no access to, which is cumbersome.
For only your own posts, it would be doable and also sensible.
Though, I'd be a technical mess with the talklines :P if you don't value them too much.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:04:15 AM »

Then maybe just making it for your own character would be best. That way you can easily stockpile everything that you've done and where you've posted. I won't lie, sometimes I forget that I've posted in a place lol

But what is talklines? I don't understand what that means. Does it mean this is a feasible idea?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »

talkline:

(player) says, ....
(player) projects, ...

those "says" "projects" are done by the textcomponents on the site. Which means, I cannot replicate them in a summary module =/ it will look different.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 06:40:48 AM »

I'd like to bump this topic up again as a potential thing to implement. If anything, this would really be able to help out the people trying to find out times and dates in regards to the whole bijuu system.

Or, if the original request was too difficult, maybe just have something similar to what's in the "Account Info" portion where it displays the time of the last comment posted.

Maybe it could be something like this:
Becquerel:     
Last Post=04DEC2016 @ 1400
Location=Otogakure

Or something like,

Becquerel:     
Last Post=2d7h ago
Location=Dwelling

This would be accessible/listed in people's bios when you click on them (maybe all the way at the bottom?) so people can track activity but wouldn't be as intrusive as compiling all things posted by one person might be. Though, what I previously suggested might be a good feature for mods, if it's doable.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.