Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: What's your favorite thing about RPing?  (Read 1954 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
What's your favorite thing about RPing?
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:41:16 AM »

Like, why do you do it? Personally, I do it because I'm a bit of an introvert in real life. Besides working out, I don't do much so my social life is pretty flat and I have plenty of time to spare. So I like to RP to think up cool stories and scenarios. Kind of like an interactive book in a way, like those old fill-in-the-blank books. But instead of just doing it alone, you have plenty of other people to fill in the blanks with you.

Plus, it helps keep my imagination going lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite thing about RPing?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »

Like, why do you do it? Personally, I do it because I'm a bit of an introvert in real life. Besides working out, I don't do much so my social life is pretty flat and I have plenty of time to spare. So I like to RP to think up cool stories and scenarios. Kind of like an interactive book in a way, like those old fill-in-the-blank books. But instead of just doing it alone, you have plenty of other people to fill in the blanks with you.

Plus, it helps keep my imagination going lol

That's a good sum up for me also.

I just like to write and create stuff.

And....
I like to debate which is why I'm on the forums. xP
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:13:06 AM »

It's a creative writing outlet. Plus, there is a surprising amount of real sociality on here, sometimes criminally so.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rockjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:34:15 AM »

It has been a LONG time since i have rped. But my favorite thing about RPing is the description. As my name suggests, he is just kind a copy cat of Lee so he is very physical. Physical fights require much more detail and thought. With justu's (while they can be good) Most time its "Using it and giant fire ball launches at you." Where as with a physical fight there needs to be more detail and it seems just so much more there. Plus once you get that same level of connection going. You make pieces of art.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »

I love make believe and in that sense have never grown up. I never intend to either. Growing up is for sissies and big old sticks in the mud!

My older sister used to have us little ones do shadow plays behind a sheet with a slide projector shining behind us and she would make up fractured fairy tails for us to do. In 4-H and school we were always doing skits. I loved the theatre and continue to participate in that today. But writing my own story where I do not necessarily plan all the events myself but have to evolve based on those around me and what actions they bring to the world excites my sense of make believe even more so.

Yes it is fun to take on the roll of someone in a play, but I am not the author, just an interpreter with only as much leeway as the director will permit. Ultimately the play is his vision of the written work. Writing my own stories is very rewarding too but it is a solitary venture. With RP it is something that in order to enjoy fully requires me to react to and respond with others so there is a huge sense of mystery involved. And that is just marvelous. Sometimes I run the story line, sometimes other people do. I can't say which I prefer either for they are both quite enjoyable avenues of RP for me.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.